Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:08 PM EST : Houston ( 150 ) at Minnesota ( -167 ) —- T: 7.5
    3:08 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -121 ) at Oakland ( 110 ) —- T: 7.5
    5:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 171 ) at Tampa Bay ( -191 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -107 ) at Cleveland ( -103 ) —- T: 6

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• RatedDAL

Gotta love all the aces available on one slate. I’m locking in Giolito though.

Astros and White Sox bats with some one offs from the hammer game. Cole gives up some bombs.

• harryfox23

Anyone have any insight to Oakland’s thinking? The Sox have crushed LHP all season long, are the A’s just throwing this guy out as an opener or is he expected to pitch a normal game?

• Ndepompei

@harryfox23 said...

Anyone have any insight to Oakland’s thinking? The Sox have crushed LHP all season long, are the A’s just throwing this guy out as an opener or is he expected to pitch a normal game?

he’s their best pitcher and one of the best young pitchers in baseball he’s not an opener

• RatedDAL

@harryfox23 said...

I would think its a normal start. These 3 game series are gonna be wild.
    You gotta use your best arms regardless of their prowess vs Lefties.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

I know the slate starts at 2 EST on a weekday. I know some people will be turned off by not having every line up out by lock, but…..

These contest offerings from DK are a joke. Is there even anything else happening today? No NFL. No NBA. No PGA. These contests look like a NFL Sunday.

Anyway, going to trust Cole. Indians can’t hit a beach ball. Going to trust White Sox to smash the rookie lefty. Maybe the nerves will get to him.

Chalk seems obvious. Cole, White Sox, Rays. At this point everyone is good, but those are obviously the best spots, to me. Then maybe try to mix in some other things to be different.

• biga0787

I’m going to go against the grain. Hopefully
    Shoemaker shows up and deals. And some lefty
    Power gives Cole some trouble

• BigRay

Cole will be ok. Snell hasn’t been as lights out as he has in the past. Blue Jays are tough but the Trop is not a batter’s park. I think Cole/Grienke with some cheap bats in good positions. Think it will be a low scoring day all around.

• Pandamonious

@biga0787 said...

Problem is Cleveland doesn’t have lefty power other than Ramirez. I guess Naquin, but he is way more likely to K.

Pretty sure Shoemaker will be limited. Hes made one 54 pitch start since 8/21. DK is showing Ray pitching long relief.

• telestraightshooter

@biga0787 said...

Jesus is a Lefty?!?
    < rethinking paradigm>

Could be they him as LU bait….

• biga0787

@Pandamonious said...

Problem is Cleveland doesn’t have lefty power other than Ramirez. I guess Naquin, but he is way more likely to K.

Pretty sure Shoemaker will be limited. Hes made one 54 pitch start since 8/21. DK is showing Ray pitching long relief.

Lindor while not hitting well has some pop, didn’t realize shoemaker was going to be so limited. Thank you for the info! Back to the drawing board it is

• RatedDAL

@telestraightshooter said...

Jesus is a Lefty?!?
    < rethinking paradigm>

Could be they him as LU bait….

The White Sox lineup aint changing much with a right brought in. The As staff isn’t that great. No way Luzardo is being used like that.

• SteeloCity

I like TB and CHW.

• marker0357

TB/CWS/NYY/Minny

• monarch

Athletics fan here although ive been out of touch with MLB. The A’s are generally the wild card team. Two years ago they went a full BP game vs the Yankees and got hammered. Last year Sean Manae was their guy and got hammered. They have full confidence in Jesus Luzardo to allow him to be hammered. The A’s just have a recent history (L10 years) of bailing out early despite having a contending team. I believe Yandy Diaz smoked two bombs off Manaea last year in Oakland.

So I also like White Sox power.

• telestraightshooter

@RatedDAL said...

The White Sox lineup aint changing much with a right brought in. The As staff isn’t that great. No way Luzardo is being used like that.

Hmm, since their pen IS the best, perhaps they go more of TB approach, and pull Jesus between 3 -5 innings…

• Pandamonious

All of DK’s main contests are already full or very close to filling.

The 2nd $1 mini-max isn’t much smaller than the 1st one and the 2nd 4-seamer is the same size as the 1st.

Really not sure what they were thinking.

• Pandamonious

@telestraightshooter said...

Hmm, since their pen IS the best, perhaps they go more of TB approach, and pull Jesus between 3 -5 innings…

It’s the playoffs. These are best of 3’s. You don’t want to go down 0-1. If he’s pitching well, he’ll stay in. If he gets into trouble he’ll get yanked. If they’re down 1-0 in the game already, it’s the 3rd inning, he gives up a double, then walk, then walk, and the bases are loaded and there’s no outs, he could certainly get yanked. You can’t afford to let your pitchers work through things. If he’s mowing them down, and working well, he’s not going to randomly get yanked early either.

• feezyg

I’ve only been watching baseball since like 99, is Oakland the worst 2 seed in history?

• monarch

Anyone factoring in shadows of day baseball. Will be noon in Oakland.

• BiGtIGeRs

draftkings is trash with those weak prize pools

• ifthethunder

My first default lineup thought: There’s no problem with DK salary. Pick whomst ever you want!
    ~

• ifthethunder

@BiGtIGeRs said...

draftkings is trash with those weak prize pools

“Our stock is $57, little men-fish!” – DraftKings
    ~

• thedkexperience

Now that I’ve wasted my baseball winnings in 3 weeks of football, figure it’s time to play baseball again! Someone remind me next August that stopping DFS baseball to prepare for football isn’t a good financial decision.

Anyway, I got Maeda and Giolito, and a bunch of Chi Sox.

Let’s go!

• BigRay

@monarch said...

Anyone factoring in shadows of day baseball. Will be noon in Oakland.

Yes. Isn’t that park real tough to hit in for afternoon games?

• biga0787

Anybody have any props they think are good bets? Delete if not allowed and sorry

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).