12:08 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 116 ) at Atlanta ( -128 ) —- T: 7.5
    1:08 PM EST : Houston ( 131 ) at Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 7.5
    2:08 PM EST : Miami ( 145 ) at Chi Cubs ( -161 ) —- T: —
    3:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 110 ) at Oakland ( -121 ) —- T: 7
    4:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 126 ) at Tampa Bay ( -140 ) —- T: 7
    5:08 PM EST : St. Louis ( 144 ) at San Diego ( -160 ) —- T: 8
    7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -122 ) at Cleveland ( 111 ) —- T: 8
    10:08 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 209 ) at LA Dodgers ( -235 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jayzee666

I am playing bassit/glasnow
    Yankees and Dodgers.

They can now be safely removed from your player pools.
    You are welcome.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

That wind at Wrigley.

20-21 MPH out to right, with gusts up to 27-28 MPH. 👀

Pretty intense winds in Cleveland and Minnesota too.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Cleveland at first pitch the wind will be blowing out to right at 23 MPH with gusts up to 29 MPH. 👀

Minnesota will be at 16 MPH out to right, with gusts up to 24 MPH.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

That wind at Wrigley.

20-21 MPH out to right, with gusts up to 27-28 MPH. 👀

Pretty intense winds in Cleveland and Minnesota too.

I’ve played the wind a bit. It matters more at Wrigley than anywhere else. Be interesting to see what happens in Cleveland and Minnesota. I thought it was blowing out yesterday in MIN, too. Unfortunately, I just updated my RG MLB Weather tab before coming here, or I could confirm.
    ~

• ifthethunder

In other business, what are the chances that Walker Buehler gets to pitch 6 innings (or more)?
    ~

• mr_papageorgio

@jayzee666 said...

I am playing bassit/glasnow
    Yankees and Dodgers.

They can now be safely removed from your player pools.
    You are welcome.

This is better than any premium content today. Thank you!

• mr_papageorgio

@ifthethunder said...

In other business, what are the chances that Walker Buehler gets to pitch 6 innings (or more)?
    ~

It’s post season Dave Roberts. There’s a 50% chance he pinch hits for someone in the first inning so who knows lol. If he’s pitching well I think 6 innings/90 pitches is a reasonable projection but wouldn’t expect anything more and there’s definitely risk that he has a shorter leash than he should if he’s not on his A game.

• superjon

Anyone else not seeing the main slate for FD in HQ?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Anyone else not seeing the main slate for FD in HQ?

It’s up now. There was an issue they were working on.

• BigRay

An awesome day of playoff baseball today with all teams playing. A lot more to think about today than yesterday, ( I wish Cash gave Snell one more inning) I also wish there were some short slate games on DK. I like those. Don’t see how you can fade Yanks. So I will have some of those. Throw in some Jays as I remember Glasnow’s start against Houston last year. round out with Dodgers if I can afford it.

• SteeloCity

The Cubs offense is so bad I want to play Alcantara in the short slate on FD but now the wind is making me have second thoughts.

• ifthethunder

@SteeloCity said...

The Cubs offense is so bad I want to play Alcantara in the short slate on FD but now the wind is making me have second thoughts.

I know! First thing I did was make a lineup stacking the Cubs. And as I’m going through the hitters, I’m thinking, “WOW, these guys have been bad the last 10 games.”

I’m still rolling with it in a couple (might only play three lineups today). But only because Wrigley wind and Sandy Alcantara is no one special. Especially versus lefties.
    ~

• monarch

Im going to chase SD up until NBA. How do we feel about Jack Bauer?

• truegrinder

@monarch said...

Im going to chase SD up until NBA. How do we feel about Jack Bauer?

• monarch

Does that mean you dont like him. Just for fun….can you offer some supporting argument as to why? Thanks!

• truegrinder

@monarch said...

Does that mean you dont like him. Just for fun….can you offer some supporting argument as to why? Thanks!

yeah bro. I am hesitant on him because of that Braves lineup. They have been killing it lately it seems. What do you think about Hendricks? I am actually considering Tanaka too because the Tribe lineup has been just horrid this year.

• SteeloCity

@ifthethunder said...

I know! First thing I did was make a lineup stacking the Cubs. And as I’m going through the hitters, I’m thinking, “WOW, these guys have been bad the last 10 games.”

I’m still rolling with it in a couple (might only play three lineups today). But only because Wrigley wind and Sandy Alcantara is no one special. Especially versus lefties.
    ~

Alcantara has actually been really good and is pitching against way better lineups in the East. Idk, I think the central is skewed. We saw a perfect example of this last night with Bieber.

• zovyn

I was heavy Twins yesterday because of the wind. Not my smartest move.

I was feeling Hendricks pretty strongly until the forecast today. Still going to run Schwarber/Heyward/Rizzo (I’m a Happ-hater) though today, because:

I’m predicting all my calculations will yield this result:

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Bauer is the best pitcher on the slate and has the most upside. Just depends on if your worried about the Braves bats like truegrinder is.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@SteeloCity said...

Alcantara has actually been really good and is pitching against way better lineups in the East. Idk, I think the central is skewed. We saw a perfect example of this last night with Bieber.

He has been. His numbers against LHB’s though are not. Cubs have many, and some good ones. He’s a flyball pitcher to LHB’s. If the wind is legit today, he’s in trouble.

• monarch

Not sure. I think the CLE game has a high run potential due to the hitting environment and with it a closeout game for the Yankees they will be more likely to turn to their BP at first sign of trouble.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Cubs mash.
    Padres mash.
    Tribe bats come alive.
    Blue Jays blow up Glasnow.

Bauer, Ryu, Buehler come through.

Wouldn’t be surprised by anything with Astros, Twins, A’s, White Sox.

Everything else is gray to me.

• superjon

Eating the chalk with glasnow

Right back to the Twins

low owned punt with the most random of double dongers: avisail garcia

• truegrinder

I like the Jays bats today. Also Padres but they will be most owned I am sure

• PrenticeGT

Right now I have Bassitt / Buehler but in the playoffs anything can and will happen. Your best bet is to pick your pitchers then just randomize your hitters because it really is a crapshoot.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.