12:08 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 116 ) at Atlanta ( -128 ) —- T: 7.5
    1:08 PM EST : Houston ( 131 ) at Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 7.5
    2:08 PM EST : Miami ( 145 ) at Chi Cubs ( -161 ) —- T: —
    3:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 110 ) at Oakland ( -121 ) —- T: 7
    4:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 126 ) at Tampa Bay ( -140 ) —- T: 7
    5:08 PM EST : St. Louis ( 144 ) at San Diego ( -160 ) —- T: 8
    7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -122 ) at Cleveland ( 111 ) —- T: 8
    10:08 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 209 ) at LA Dodgers ( -235 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• truegrinder

That Naylor dude killed it yesterday for the Tribe

• roomchat

Can someone explain to me why it’s only going to be windy when the Cubs are batting?

Do they have an on/off switch in the clubhouse that shuts the wind down for the Marlins hitters?

If so, that’s genius.

• marker0357

Bauer/Ryu + Cubs bats

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Bauer is the best pitcher on the slate and has the most upside. Just depends on if your worried about the Braves bats like truegrinder is.

I am more worried that Trevor Bauer could be the key to the slate and I don’t have him.

I played Bauer-Buehler, Bauer-Paddack, Buehler-Glasnow, Buehler-Paddack, and Glasnow-Paddack. And faded every hitter from Reds-Braves, I hope Cincinnati wins it 3-0.
    ~

• DraftQueen

Hi – first time post — just an opinion here:

In the postseason, but especially a three game series, it seems the best bet for SP is to take one that you think will be allowed to pitch through trouble. You almost have to take into account age, experience and the manager. Someone like Aaron Boone has shown he’ll pull a SP in the third inning if the bases are loaded with no out — a spot where in the regular season Tanaka just pitches out of it and then goes 6 innings, 2er and 7 Ks. But today the same game for him will be 2+ 2er and 3 Ks.

I think you want to pick the pitcher that, even if they get into trouble, will stay in the game and is good enough to pile up some Ks to salvage his number in a worst case scenario. Any Sp that gives up an early run or two is fine, if they stay in

So IMO, unsafe:
    Fried coming off injury, never pitches deep, likely with no run support = very early hook potential
    Paddack – first postseason start, has had bad games recently, deep bullpen, so Tingler won’t mess around at first sign of trouble
    Glasnow – was cruising last postseason game 1 and was pulled after an Altuve HR in 5th (76 pitches), Cash also pulled Snell after 58 pitches after first run scored in Game 2, pulled Glasnow after 40 pitches in Game 5
    Berrios – not as safe but bullpen is taxed, and he was allowed to throw 88 last year after early trouble, but it is elimination game so not very safe
    Ryu – Montoyo unknown but it’s an elimination game and bullpen is not taxed

Safe:
    Carrasco – might have some runs to work with and we saw how Francona let Bieber stay in
    Bauer – likely will be allowed to work thru trouble and get Ks to salvage
    Beuhler – Last year Kershaw and Ryu gave up early runs and stayed in, Rich Hill was pulled in the 3rd in trouble. The ace gets leash.
    Tanaka – Boone does not eff around, loves his bullpen

• Wooden_Bones

@roomchat said...

Can someone explain to me why it’s only going to be windy when the Cubs are batting?

Do they have an on/off switch in the clubhouse that shuts the wind down for the Marlins hitters?

If so, that’s genius.

If you’re thinking the wind is going to be a factor then you’re looking for batters with flyball abilities. But, both of the pitchers in the MIA/CHI game keep the ball on the ground with righties. It’s lefties that we’re looking for, and the Cubs have more flyball lefties than Miami.

Cubs: Schwarber, Happ, Rizzo, Heyward.
    MIA: Dickerson, Joyce.

And another thing to keep in mind, the colder weather will offset the winds a little.

• got9forya

I can never do decent in Baseball. Min Cashed yesterday. But I do like Minnesota Bats again today along With Tampa

• ifthethunder

I don’t mind Jon Berti. He’s a right-hander hitting 7th, but 2,300 at 2nd base makes for pretty easy lineup construction.
    ~

• BiGtIGeRs

I made 50 lineups all braves stacks

• Wooden_Bones

@BiGtIGeRs said...

I made 50 lineups all braves stacks

Giving up already?

• monarch

CPT Jack Bauer has me in the green. Like my chances if it stays close as I have two relievers.

• truegrinder

@monarch said...

CPT Jack Bauer has me in the green. Like my chances if it stays close as I have two relievers.

he is dealing early for sure

• marker0357

@monarch said...

interesting lineup…I like it!

• monarch

@marker0357 said...

interesting lineup…I like it!

I am a crazy person but it is Bauer, Fried, Freeman, Senzel, Iglesias and O’Day. Nobody has Freddy Freeman.

• marker0357

Ive got Freeman (Cpt)/Bauer/Fried/Senzel/Farmer/Isglesias…was hoping for a pitcher’s duel until late, Freeman and Senzel with late HR’s, late inning heroics by Farmer and Isglesias with the S. What? It could happen. LOL

• monarch

Nice. We played a similar theory. Hope it works out foe one of us

• ifthethunder

@monarch said...

I am a crazy person but it is Bauer, Fried, Freeman, Senzel, Iglesias and O’Day. Nobody has Freddy Freeman.

I have Freeman in showdown. But for all day purposes, I’m best off if he gets nothing.
    ~

• TheRyanFlaherty

Boy, postseason MLB is not fun for fantasy…
    Not sure what I was thinking not Just stacking SP’s in every showdown…And The one game I did actually had runs…oh well…

• Volkster6

Bauer is exhausted from throwing SOs. Can’t but think you’ll need him today

• zovyn

All y’all ATL and CIN stacks DoA. NEXT!

• ifthethunder

@Volkster6 said...

Bauer is exhausted from throwing SOs. Can’t but think you’ll need him today

If only the Blight Sox had gotten him a run.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

All y’all ATL and CIN stacks DoA. NEXT!

The current winning lineup in the “MLB Showdown $500 Solo Shot (MIA vs CHC)” on DK has Hendricks at CPT, Alcantara in flex, and two 4,000 batters who aren’t in the starting lineup.
    ~

• biga0787

Where are all of these flyball homeruns I heard about

• EricQ23

how are those cubs stacks working out for you . LOL

• biga0787

About as good as all the others right now…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.