7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -120 ) at Miami ( 111 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -148 ) at Detroit ( 136 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:35 PM EST : Texas ( -106 ) at Atlanta ( -102 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -280 ) at Chi Sox ( 254 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( 132 ) at Colorado ( -143 ) —- T: 12
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -138 ) at Seattle ( 127 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -113 ) at San Diego ( 104 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 151 ) at LA Dodgers ( -164 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• raymond333

Doing an early only, only 2 games on FD. Still trying to see the best setup, although not alot to work with lol.

• Ibleedblue1

Still waiting on the Minnesota LU. Gonna load up on this one though I believe

• richierich

@raymond333 said...

Doing an early only, only 2 games on FD. Still trying to see the best setup, although not alot to work with lol.

Yeah… Playing this on FD as well. Screw it. lol

Hoping the Twins good fortune of late will keep folks off of Snell, who has quietly posted ace-like numbers in his past 4-5 starts.

Wind also blowing straight out at the Great American Small Park… so… I know my plan of attack.

• richierich

@Ibleedblue1 said...

Still waiting on the Minnesota LU. Gonna load up on this one though I believe

About 2 hours until first pitch and it’s still not out. Odd

• Ibleedblue1

@richierich said...

About 2 hours until first pitch and it’s still not out. Odd

I agree. Not that I might change a whole lot but I would like to see who is catching…..

• NewsboyMoriarty

Does DK even remotely know the utter suckitude of the new interface they’ve shoved down our throats despite universal disapproval.End of rant.

• tonedefrob

The line in the MIL/CIN game is pretty fishy. Brewers up and Reds down on the runline. The K upside is immense in the spot for Castillo. Brewers also hit groundball pitchers really well. Might roster Shaw and a few Reds and avoid Castillo to get ahead of the field.

A few other notes:

• Castillo has Barnhart behind the plate, who he is much better with (though Mes is DL and he’s only had Turner for one game behind the plate)
    • Snell gets Sucre behind the plate, who he is light years better with over Ramos. Adrian Johnson behind the plate should help his walks, which are actually lower to righties anyway. Twins also have some bad line movement.
    • Skaggs is worth considering if A) he doesn’t have Maldonado, who never seems to take a day off, behind the plate and B) he’s firing his curve in there. He has a higher K% against righties and the Oakland righties can’t hit a lefty curve with the exception of Lowrie whose power is neutralized hitting as a righty.
  • mr_papageorgio

Going with both pitchers from MIN/TB and loading up on the smallpark plus Michael Trout

• 7klub06

Castillo a must play??? Last time I played two high priced pitchers they left the game early

• KindGuy

@7klub06 said...

Castillo a must play??? Last time I played two high priced pitchers they left the game early

Lmao

• mbunner23

I’m going Castillo and Snell. Good value bats and Trout.

• Gokou

Good luck to all in the Early Slate!

• yisman

@tonedefrob said...

The line in the MIL/CIN game is pretty fishy. Brewers up and Reds down on the runline. The K upside is immense in the spot for Castillo. Brewers also hit groundball pitchers really well. Might roster Shaw and a few Reds and avoid Castillo to get ahead of the field.

A few other notes:

• Castillo has Barnhart behind the plate, who he is much better with (though Mes is DL and he’s only had Turner for one game behind the plate)
    • Snell gets Sucre behind the plate, who he is light years better with over Ramos. Adrian Johnson behind the plate should help his walks, which are actually lower to righties anyway. Twins also have some bad line movement.
    • Skaggs is worth considering if A) he doesn’t have Maldonado, who never seems to take a day off, behind the plate and B) he’s firing his curve in there. He has a higher K% against righties and the Oakland righties can’t hit a lefty curve with the exception of Lowrie whose power is neutralized hitting as a righty.

good post

I entered a few early contests and a bunch of all day stuff, where I need to remember to edit

• jtkucheck

If that wasn’t the most Castillo first inning ever.

• raymond333

So I went with Snell, Duda, Dickerson, and Kiermaier, 3 stack with CIN, and then a one off with MIL and MIN. See what happens lol.

• Dirt_Lavert

That’s weird there was only a 3 gamer early, no 2 gamer on DK. They must be sick of massive overlay at odd timed slates lol.

But dang I missed the 12:35 by about 5 minutes. What a whacky start time I figured it would be 1:05

• KindGuy

@Dirt_Lavert said...

That’s weird there was only a 3 gamer early, no 2 gamer on DK. They must be sick of massive overlay at odd timed slates lol.

But dang I missed the 12:35 by about 5 minutes. What a whacky start time I figured it would be 1:05

Yea, I wanted to play the early slate on DK Classic but saw they included the 3:30 game. I doubt the contests payout before the main slate so I played the arcade Mode which featured just the first two games.

• yisman

waiting for the Mets to announce a starter

• TheRyanFlaherty

Damnit Schebler : (
    Barnhart will probably be the one that comes through here since I had him penciled in but than couldn’t justify the price.

• Bay101

Hamilton. WTF

• thetitanlb

Wtf happened to Billy. Christ man

• TheRyanFlaherty

SOB, got screwed over by Pujols in the Pick’em.
    Figured they’d have learned by now not to have a Tier with only one player from the later game.
    Whatever…I finally had a good night last night, only reason I was spending a few bucks today, so I’ll try not to let it bother me too much.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Doesn’t look like any P’s are a must play today

• richierich

Lol… Well, that’s the end of my lineup.

Two broken bat base hits, and a bomb. What a joke.

• lloydjv1

What happened to Garza?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.