7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -149 ) at Detroit ( 137 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 150 ) at Milwaukee ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 133 ) at Minnesota ( -144 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Chi White Sox ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -144 ) at Colorado ( 133 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 140 ) at Arizona ( -152 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( 148 ) at Oakland ( -161 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 100 ) at Seattle ( -108 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

If you want to pay up for bats tonight. Chris Bassitt is the way to do it.

• mr_papageorgio

I hate falling for the Archer trap again but at $7300 at home against a bad offense and coming off a good performance I don’t think I can get away.

• Sizmik

@superjon said...

If you want to pay up for bats tonight. Chris Bassitt is the way to do it.

yea, hes way too cheap. Ballpark factor, plus has been tearing up lefties. strikeout upside…..hes gunna get 5 innings, probably 5 strikeouts and maybe a run against him. None of the Rangers R’s are hard contact FB hitters…..he will be really popular but for good reason, hes way underpriced.
    Take 12-15 points from him and move on to batters. Some good spots tonight that are pricey, like Cleveland

• Sizmik

@mr_papageorgio said...

I hate falling for the Archer trap again but at $7300 at home against a bad offense and coming off a good performance I don’t think I can get away.

gunna be hard to sway me from Nola/Bassit……looks too easy

dont know a thing about the pitcher in the CHC game though, so im torn between Cleveland Bats or Chitown

• thetitanlb

@Sizmik said...

yea, hes way too cheap. Ballpark factor, plus has been tearing up lefties. strikeout upside…..hes gunna get 5 innings, probably 5 strikeouts and maybe a run against him. None of the Rangers R’s are hard contact FB hitters…..he will be really popular but for good reason, hes way underpriced.
    Take 12-15 points from him and move on to batters. Some good spots tonight that are pricey, like Cleveland

Strikeout upside? He has 20 k’s in 36 innings this year. That is not strikeout upside lol. I wont deny he is a good play if you want big bats i just found the statement funny. Sorry

• Sizmik

@thetitanlb said...

Strikeout upside? He has 20 k’s in 36 innings this year. That is not strikeout upside lol. I wont deny he is a good play if you want big bats i just found the statement funny. Sorry

its the Rangers, always strikeout upside against them….hes got better spits at home (obviously) and going against a SO prone LU that is full of L’s and the R’s cant hit for power……its a really good spot either way, but at that price im not sure how you dont lock him into cash

• superjon

@Sizmik said...

So many aces on the board. Snell will be chalky. Good chance that Bassitt goes overlooked.

I’d say 10% or lower.

• superjon

@thetitanlb said...

I like to look at match up as a predictor for possible K upside rather than previous games.

• thetitanlb

@superjon said...

I like to look at match up as a predictor for possible K upside rather than previous games.

Well yeah it makes sense with the Rangers. They have massive power hitters that k a lot and hit dongs. Guzman, Odor, Gallo. I didnt hate on the play at all and agreed that its the play if you want to pay up at bats. I don’t agree on the matchup being the only k predictor thing but thats all opinion based really.

• feezyg

Chicago expert here guys, finally getting a chance to give you USEFUL information in time for you to actually use it. As I always say, dont play CWS at home, take either pitcher if you want safe floors. As for the Cubs, if the the only reason to play them is because you don’t know Ross, I wouldnt play them. I’m fading that entire game except for one player, and he ain’t a Cub…

• Sizmik

@thetitanlb said...

Well yeah it makes sense with the Rangers. They have massive power hitters that k a lot and hit dongs. Guzman, Odor, Gallo. I didnt hate on the play at all and agreed that its the play if you want to pay up at bats. I don’t agree on the matchup being the only k predictor thing but thats all opinion based really.

yea, all their power hitters are L’s….his stats against power hitters are .270 WOBA, .016 ISO, 17.4K

Considering the ballpark, you have a lot of flyball L’s, that he does well against and strike out a lot……the R’s that can hit him a bit are Beltre, Andrews and Profar, but none are true power hitters and i certainly dont expect dongs from any. Maybe some base hits but i doubt those guys are going yard. Hes gunna K a bunch of the L’s, get some fly balls and maybe a run or two off of base hits/walks….im perfectly fine with 5 innings, 5 SO’s and 2 ER @ 4500…..lot of good spots for bats tonight, so i dont mind paying up…..although there are some mid range guys in good spots as well.

• mr_papageorgio

I don’t care how bad he’s been, Gonsalves at $4.2K at home vs the Royals is way too cheap. The Royals can’t hit lefties and also don’t have Sal.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

I don’t care how bad he’s been, Gonsalves at $4.2K at home vs the Royals is way too cheap. The Royals can’t hit lefties and also don’t have Sal.

I was thinking the same thing. I’m willing to give him a free pass on his debut. Then he had to face Oakland and go to Texas. His minor league numbers are very solid. Fangraphs has him projected as an “inning eating no. 4 starter.” He’s due for some luck, as I’m guessing he can’t be this bad, but who knows. My concern would be he is this bad and his minor league stuff won’t work in the bigs, which is what this guy is basically saying,

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/quick-looks-nix-kopech-gonsalves/

I guess it depends on how many LHB’s KC has in the line up. It will probably be 4 or 5.

I also don’t really mind Fillmyer if Sano is out and the Twins just throw all their LHB’s at him. He’s been a pretty severe reverse splits pitcher.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

I was thinking the same thing. I’m willing to give him a free pass on his debut. Then he had to face Oakland and go to Texas. His minor league numbers are very solid. Fangraphs has him projected as an “inning eating no. 4 starter.” He’s due for some luck, as I’m guessing he can’t be this bad, but who knows. My concern would be he is this bad and his minor league stuff won’t work in the bigs, which is what this guy is basically saying,

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/quick-looks-nix-kopech-gonsalves/

I guess it depends on how many LHB’s KC has in the line up. It will probably be 4 or 5.

I also don’t really mind Fillmyer if Sano is out and the Twins just throw all their LHB’s at him. He’s been a pretty severe reverse splits pitcher.

That’s a pretty scathing review…I’m just starting to dig in but it seems like it might not be necessary to go this cheap for pitching tonight. I still think he’s too cheap against the Royals but if he’s throwing BP out there it doesn’t matter who he’s facing.

• Sizmik

@mr_papageorgio said...

That’s a pretty scathing review…I’m just starting to dig in but it seems like it might not be necessary to go this cheap for pitching tonight. I still think he’s too cheap against the Royals but if he’s throwing BP out there it doesn’t matter who he’s facing.

Who you liking early besides the obvious ones in Nola and Snell?

• mr_papageorgio

@Sizmik said...

Who you liking early besides the obvious ones in Nola and Snell?

Archer for sure. Beyond him I could see Anderson, Bundy, and Gausman doing well. Maybe Paxton but not sure about his health and I also never get him right.

• Sizmik

@mr_papageorgio said...

Archer for sure. Beyond him I could see Anderson, Bundy, and Gausman doing well. Maybe Paxton but not sure about his health and I also never get him right.

Yea we kind of on the same page, i like Anderson, Paxton and Rodon….i just cant get away from Bassitt……Im a Rangers fan and i know what happens when they play the A’s at home lol. Should be in for the win 4.5-5 innings and 3-5 SO’s…….if he gets you 15 points at that price its good enough to win a tournament if you can get the batters right…..Nola is gunna go off, hes got 30+……

Batters?

One Offs for me are Dickerson, Dejong, K Davis, i think Zunino is in a good spot if he gets the call @ 2800

• mr_papageorgio

@Sizmik said...

Yea we kind of on the same page, i like Anderson, Paxton and Rodon….i just cant get away from Bassitt……Im a Rangers fan and i know what happens when they play the A’s at home lol. Should be in for the win 4.5-5 innings and 3-5 SO’s…….if he gets you 15 points at that price its good enough to win a tournament if you can get the batters right…..Nola is gunna go off, hes got 30+……

Batters?

One Offs for me are Dickerson, Dejong, K Davis, i think Zunino is in a good spot if he gets the call @ 2800

Yeah Bassitt should be good but I left him out since you already mentioned him.

Haven’t looked at bats much yet but someone from SEA will hit a HR off Tanaka and I’d guess Healy, Haniger, or Zunino. Tonight’s weird in that most of the best offenses have tough matchups or are on the road (I hate playing CLE on the road) Oakland looks like a good place to start. Maybe MIL but Holland has been better lately. If I was going to play one of the top offenses in a bad spot it would be HOU.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

I hate just listing teams with the highest implied totals, but PIT, CLE, OAK, LAD, STL, and maybe TB seem like the places to go.

CLE I like more as one-offs or mini stacks. Everyone knows Estrada gives up big fly balls to RHB’s. Not that I would ignore the LHB’s, but it’s hard to pass on E5. Gomes would be worthwhile too.

Jon Gray seems like he’s back to scuffling and his velocity is down. If the prices of LAD on DK, along with all the aces on the mound tonight keeps their ownership low I don’t mind loading up.

I will always load up on Chapman against RHP, especially below average ones, with a low 90’s FB, sinker types. Same for Davis and Piscotty.

Straily is due to get beat up again. He’s giving up way too much hard contact. As long as PIT puts out a decent line up you can make a case for anyone.

Bundy is still getting hit hard, especially by LHB’s. 8 K’s made his last start look decent, but he still couldn’t make it out of the 6th. TB should have 6 LHB’s in their line up and Pham, Duffy, and Adames all hit RHP better than lefties.

Norris is an OK prospect. Gets a lot of K’s and throws a lot of pitches to get them. In between those K’s is always a ton of hard contact. Looking at Carp, Ozuna, Martinez, depending how the line up looks would determine who I would add to the stack.

• mr_papageorgio

Anyone else having a hard time figuring this slate out? Maybe I’m just too excited for football but this is how I feel right now:

• lovpink

Lindor or Ramirez cant afford both plus they never go off together.

• Messiah717

@lovpink said...

Ramirez is massively due for a homer or two. I’d lean that way because many will chase Lindor based on what they either got or missed out on last night.

• Sizmik

@lovpink said...

Ramirez and E5 in the best spots although Lindor is right behind them

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

This Kevin Kramer batting 2nd for PIT has got some nice AAA numbers, especially in July and August.

• mr_papageorgio

I have Archer, Khris Davis, and Jose Ramirez in my LU. I never get any of them right so I can’t even imagine how this is going to turn out. Throwing one LU in the $10 lotto on DK and calling it a day since this is probably the most uncertain I’ve felt about a slate all year.

I’m also rolling with Gonsalves so fire up your Royals stacks!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.