7:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 123 ) at Philadelphia ( -133 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -111 ) at Boston ( 102 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 201 ) at NY Mets ( -220 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -190 ) at Miami ( 175 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 162 ) at Houston ( -176 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:45 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 138 ) at SF Giants ( -150 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Cleveland ( -154 ) at LA Angels ( 142 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -143 ) at San Diego ( 132 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

Degrom and Kelly 🤷‍♂️

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Degrom and Kelly 🤷‍♂️

What do you like about Kelly? Kelly’s been trending down big time other than his last start, which was at home where he’s been significantly better. On the flip side the Mets offense seems to be trending up overall. Really just looking for a good reason to play him as the cheaper options today are lacking.

• mr_papageorgio

I’m still pretty traumatized from the Steelers game last night and may not be thinking clearly but I think Folty is the SP2 tonight. I’m more on the Cubs side but if Bryant is out Quantrill could be in play depending on what the lineup looks like.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

What do you like about Kelly? Kelly’s been trending down big time other than his last start, which was at home where he’s been significantly better. On the flip side the Mets offense seems to be trending up overall. Really just looking for a good reason to play him as the cheaper options today are lacking.

Eesh…not a ton…I know he has upside and I need a cheap guy.

Mets are middle of the road versus righties. The ballpark has a pitchers lean. He just dominated his last start, and over his last 5 or 6 starts, he seems to be serviceable against mediocre to poor offenses, while getting hit by better ones. I know Baltimore and Miami got to him a while back, yet those teams do that occasionally.

And although he’ll be facing a different and stronger lineup he did dominate the Mets once before. Now that I look at it, he’ll be facing a lot more lefties…I don’t know…talking myself off him.

That’s why I gave the shoulder shruggy guy after I mentioned his name 🤷‍♂️

Edit…maybe trevor williams is a better play, or folty if I can get there. Honestly pretty much checked out of mlb, just throwing quarters now to hit the Ironman. I kinda felt bad for the thread, so I figured I’d post something. Now I’ll do 2 lineups, I’ll still roll Kelly in 1, just to be contrarian, and maybe he’s got a good read on the mets 🤷‍♂️😉

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Edit…maybe trevor williams is a better play, or folty if I can get there. Honestly pretty much checked out of mlb, just throwing quarters now to hit the Ironman. I kinda felt bad for the thread, so I figured I’d post something. Now I’ll do 2 lineups, I’ll still roll Kelly in 1, just to be contrarian, and maybe he’s got a good read on the mets 🤷‍♂️😉

It is indeed a sad board at this point. Understand having checked out. I’m close. I looked through things this morning like I always would to prep for the slate, but I’m questioning if I even want to play. On a night like tonight where there’s big NFL contests the only people playing MLB will be the die-hards and sharks. All of which are as sharp or sharper than I. Not sure I want to mess with that when I’m not feeling overly locked in or motivated about it. Plus my habit of going where the money is (250K to 1st NFL contest vs. a 50K to 1st MLB contest) and I’m not sure it makes much sense to spend too much time with MLB this afternoon and evening.

• lovpink

Any reason Nico Hoerner is highest projected ppd play batting 8th for the cubs ?

• mr_papageorgio

I know I will regret this but I love Nimmo tonight. Wish he was batting higher in the order but I think he’s healthy and if that’s true he’s way too cheap.

• mr_papageorgio

@lovpink said...

Any reason Nico Hoerner is highest projected ppd play batting 8th for the cubs ?

He’s a highly regarded prospect, nearly min price, fits at a good punt position, and the Cubs should be able to score some runs tonight.

• lovpink

@mr_papageorgio said...

He’s a highly regarded prospect, nearly min price, fits at a good punt position, and the Cubs should be able to score some runs tonight.

but he’s got the highest projection 9.4 of any cub

• mr_papageorgio

@lovpink said...

but he’s got the highest projection 9.4 of any cub

Yeah idk what’s up with that lol he’s still a great play tonight.

• mr_papageorgio

Looks like I might be the only one playing today but I’m chilling in the $555 with DeGrom/Folty with Bregman, Yordan, (shout out to Cheese for calling out Yordan during crunch time today – good call!) and Grisham as my only hitters going right now and Cubs 4-6 with Puig and Urias left. This could get interesting.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

Looks like I might be the only one playing today but I’m chilling in the $555 with DeGrom/Folty with Bregman, Yordan, (shout out to Cheese for calling out Yordan during crunch time today – good call!) and Grisham as my only hitters going right now and Cubs 4-6 with Puig and Urias left. This could get interesting.

I’m playing. Have some line ups out there, but they currently all suck. I don’t remember why I played zero Astros, but I did. Probably just rushed to make 10 line ups and screwed myself. I’m heavy with Brewers, disappointing so far, Mets, same, and Giants.

• Njsum1

Astros going scorched earth

Fiers….firing a cool -19

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

I’m playing. Have some line ups out there, but they currently all suck. I don’t remember why I played zero Astros, but I did. Probably just rushed to make 10 line ups and screwed myself. I’m heavy with Brewers, disappointing so far, Mets, same, and Giants.

I like the Giants tonight. Didn’t play any but Williams isn’t very good and neither is the pen so I think they could score a bunch and maybe even hit a few HRs with the strong wind.

• mr_papageorgio

@Njsum1 said...

Fiers….firing a cool -19

That’s Dylan Bundy territory there. He was due for regression for awhile so I guess he was just saving it all for this start.

• mr_papageorgio

If the Marlins can somehow chase Lyles here I would be forever grateful. I would even consider becoming a fan since it looks like they could use some.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Astros going scorched earth

Fiers….firing a cool -19

They’re at 6 HR’s already? In the 2nd?

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

They are trying to outscore the Texans I think.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah nuts…I didn’t get a full stack…yet I got bregman/Diaz in one…and Bregman/Brantley/toro in the other.

Unfortunately no Alvarez…I have a brewers stack in that lineup also and went Yelich over Alvarez 🤢🤮🤮🤮

• Njsum1

@mr_papageorgio said...

They are trying to outscore the Texans I think.

Haha 🍻

• jayzee666

about 30 10 cent LUs. About 5% have a few of the Astros HRs. Of course I have about 90% Springer (I profusely and embarrasingly apologize to every one that he has ever met) and most the remainng non HR Astros. I NEVER expect to cash and would be shocked if one of those LUs even breaks even, just close to the Achievement for each LU over 100 Pts. I wish they would ban DFS so I can’t do anymore harm!!

REAPER is the TOM BRADY of DFS!!

• mr_papageorgio

The As are emptying the bench already. I’m afraid the Stros will be doing the same soon. I’d love one more Yordan dong first please.

Edit: Yep, Bregman pinch ran for. Weak.

• Njsum1

@mr_papageorgio said...

The As are emptying the bench already. I’m afraid the Stros will be doing the same soon. I’d love one more Yordan dong first please.

Edit: Yep, Bregman pinch ran for. Weak.

I’m only playing small yet still annoying as I had bregman and Thames (pinch hit for by Braun in the 6th with the bases loaded) in both lineups.

• mr_papageorgio

@Njsum1 said...

I’m only playing small yet still annoying as I had bregman and Thames (pinch hit for by Braun in the 6th with the bases loaded) in both lineups.

At least Bregman got 20 points first but yeah players leaving early is easily the most frustrating part of DFS for me in any sport.

• mr_papageorgio

@mr_papageorgio said...

at 140 with 5 hitters left who are just starting and I’m 30 points out of first. This is probably the most legit sweat I’ve ever had to win something big. My Cubs are low owned so if I got them right I should be in pretty good shape. Let’s do this!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler