7:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 109 ) at Miami ( -118 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 154 ) at Kansas City ( -167 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -111 ) at Chi Sox ( 103 ) —- T: 8
    9:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 147 ) at San Diego ( -160 ) —- T: 7
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -104 ) at Arizona ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 123 ) at LA Angels ( -133 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : Houston ( -145 ) at Oakland ( +134 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( -104 ) at Seattle ( -104 ) —- T: 8.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• gaelicgirl

The weather in Cincy looks dreadful today!
    Condition: Thunderstorm from 5 – 11 pm EST.

• stubirds

@peachfuzz said...

Link

Qu

Phillies fan here. He’s been excellent against Philly for his career. Plus, the Phillies line up have no threats at all besides Herrera. HOward is on a 0-22 slump and can’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. No one else can hit homeruns on that team. They stink.

• Tsw1999

@stubirds said...

Phillies fan here. He’s been excellent against Philly for his career. Plus, the Phillies line up have no threats at all besides Herrera. HOward is on a 0-22 slump and can’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. No one else can hit homeruns on that team. They stink.

Phillies stack it is.

• chiwork

@stubirds said...

Buchanan
    Sampson
    Pelfrey
    Godley
    Lobstein

Phillies
    Colorado
    White Sox
    Miami
    Cincy

Thanks, I actually think Joe Kelly isnt the worst pick tonight (although I think many sites would say he’s in the bottom 3 tonight). He looks very sharp and TORs offense is either kamakazee 10+ runs up or they struggle if they cant get the long ball going.
    Pelfrey doesnt have the upside needed. Jiminez has potential and will be very low owned, CC Sabathia is a good pick for 15 points for under $6k.

Offensive stack, MIA, PHI, and TB fit the criteria for a nonsensical DFS GPP stack.
    So many decisions lol

• mileyvirus

twins/royals is gonna have 10+ runs…i’m liking 4 bats from twins and possibly 3 from royals.

• kjkeelty

@chiwork said...

Thanks, I actually think Joe Kelly isnt the worst pick tonight (although I think many sites would say he’s in the bottom 3 tonight). He looks very sharp and TORs offense is either kamakazee 10+ runs up or they struggle if they cant get the long ball going.
    Pelfrey doesnt have the upside needed. Jiminez has potential and will be very low owned, CC Sabathia is a good pick for 15 points for under $6k.

Offensive stack, MIA, PHI, and TB fit the criteria for a nonsensical DFS GPP stack.
    So many decisions lol

I am giving Kelly some consideration too, but I would still consider Toronto bats.

I could see Kelly keeping them to 2-3 runs through 6 innings, and then Boston’s mediocre bullpen could give it up to the Blue Jays bats late.

Tough one, there’s a ton of “coin flip” pitchers tonight.

• davidh618

i am, Buchanan is hot garbage.

• davidh618

I am throwing a mini one out there, Buchanan is a dumpster fire. Which obviously means he’ll shut them out.

• mabrla

Kelly is odd because his numbers haven’t changed despite his recent stellar play. Having watched his last few starts, it seems like his ball location over the plate has improved….but he’s been getting lucky with well-hit balls going directly to outfielders as well. I’ve been rostering him as I never pay for pitching and it’s fun to watch your pitcher play, but I just don’t think it’s smart vs. Toronto. I wouldn’t pick on him either though.

His good play has come after a few lessons from Pedro..if that means anything to any of you.

• pacers19191

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/daily-value-plays-9-9-812762

Made a quick blog to help compare different value plays today.

• chiwork

@mabrla said...

Kelly is odd because his numbers haven’t changed despite his recent stellar play. Having watched his last few starts, it seems like his ball location over the plate has improved….but he’s been getting lucky with well-hit balls going directly to outfielders as well. I’ve been rostering him as I never pay for pitching and it’s fun to watch your pitcher play, but I just don’t think it’s smart vs. Toronto. I wouldn’t pick on him either though.

His good play has come after a few lessons from Pedro..if that means anything to any of you.

I’m not sure if you saw my earlier post but rostering someone like Kelly was my point. It doesnt really make sense but almost every night there are a ton of plays (and pitchers) that make no sense beforehand. Also for a GPP, theres no way he’s above 5% so that’s exactly what I’m looking for.

In his case he has put in 4 good starts and has the K ability with a TOR offense that is feast or faminine the past few weeks.

• Wombat

How can people talk themselves into using Joe Kelly against the Jays? You get to choose from a pool of 30 pitchers,why would you choose the one going against the team projected to score the most runs of the day? It’s the same thing when people talking about using pitchers in Coors. I mean come on man!

Now everyone plat Joe Kelly as he will surely throw a no hitter tonight since I wrote this.

• stubirds

My top pitchers for my lineups are:

Shields
    Teheran
    Happ
    Oridzzi

What do you all think?

• ElSlappo

@stubirds said...

My top pitchers for my lineups are:

Shields
    Teheran
    Happ
    Oridzzi

What do you all think?

I had a bunch of Happ but the weather looks terrible, not sure they’re going to get that one in. Shields seems like a good play. Teheran has been solid in his last 3 road starts but I still am having a problem getting over my ‘no Teheran on the road’ rule, I think I’ll be avoiding.

I’m on Medlen tonight, this will probably be a mistake.

• ElSlappo

I stand corrected – I think the PIT/CIN weather is looking better now than the last time I looked.

• ZdubzNJ

Guys keep an eye on the indians/chisox game. – these 2 teams are averaging 10.25 RPG with Cooper behind the plate L2Y and Cooper is averaging almost 10 RPG this season. Also, when the total is 7.5 or less in games this season with Eric Cooper calling balls and strikes, the over is 9-3. Let’s hope samardzija continues to struggle. 

With all that said, I’m going to take a flier on the indians for a sizeable stack

• ZdubzNJ

The pitching card looks god awful tonight but u know that means a few guys will look Cy young bound lol. Having a tough time deciding. Really tough time.

• gaelicgirl

@ElSlappo said...

I stand corrected – I think the PIT/CIN weather is looking better now than the last time I looked.

It looks a little better, but still risky IMO. Chance of thunderstorm with 45% precip at 7 pm, thunderstorm with 60% precip at 8 pm, and thunderstorm with 70% precip at 9 pm. Wasn’t the last rainout at Cincy only 30% precip?
    Where’s our trusty weatherman when we need him?

• tonytone1908

@Wombat said...

How can people talk themselves into using Joe Kelly against the Jays? You get to choose from a pool of 30 pitchers,why would you choose the one going against the team projected to score the most runs of the day? It’s the same thing when people talking about using pitchers in Coors. I mean come on man!

Now everyone plat Joe Kelly as he will surely throw a no hitter tonight since I wrote this.

I’ve seen some good games thrown by crap pitchers on Coors lately. Didn’t Rusin have a nice game last week?

I looked at some winning lineups from last night and most of those guys were never on my radar. Starling Castro maybe but who expected that seriously? But JT Realmuto and not even in a marlins stack against Jungmann? I mean, come on. It’s that time of year where you just throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks.

• Agent47

Medlen does have a bargain basement price, and I’ve seen a few experts recommending him, but I just don’t have a good feeling about him tonight. That being said, with the way my line-ups have been doing lately, that probably means you all should roster him and thank me later when he throws 8 innings of shutout ball with 7 Ks, haha!

• chiwork

@tonytone1908 said...

I’ve seen some good games thrown by crap pitchers on Coors lately. Didn’t Rusin have a nice game last week?

I looked at some winning lineups from last night and most of those guys were never on my radar. Starling Castro maybe but who expected that seriously? But JT Realmuto and not even in a marlins stack against Jungmann? I mean, come on. It’s that time of year where you just throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks.

Exactly my point. People arent winning the GPPs nightly because they think “Hmm what is the logical choice according to every single statistical category”

3 or 4 nights out of the week they have random contrarian picks and stacks that arent rooted in any logic besides it being under-owned.

• stubirds

@tonytone1908 said...

You have just proven my point when it comes to any fantasy sport. IT’S ALL LUCK!! A little bit of strategy but it really is all luck.

• IronMonkey415

Players I’m pulling out of my ass for tonight on FanDuel Squeeze

Tomlin
    Pedroia
    Kemp
    Mahtook
    Bruce

• raul214

i stay away from any pitches whos ML has reverse line movement cause thats a sign they MIGHT get knocked around

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@IronMonkey415 said...

Players I’m pulling out of my ass for tonight on FanDuel Squeeze

Tomlin
    Pedroia
    Kemp
    Mahtook
    Bruce

I am using Pedroia, and Tomlin. I see the value in Mahtook because Lobstein is awful, but that game might get out of hand really early giving Mikie only one, or two at bats against him. I had a little bit of Cincy, not any shares of Bruce, but swapped them out due to weather concerns.

I’m not going to let my lineups burn for just one, or two guys. If I were stacking Cincy, I might let it ride.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).