MLB FORUM

Comments

• yanks237

Looking to get a blog post up on the potential of suceeding at cash games. Long story short I am simulating what a bankroll could look like in 50 and 100 slates played following a strict 10% bankroll play. However, what I need is realistic values for win rates. As a little teaser with 60% win rate and $150 starting roll playing 10% in 100 slates played the mean end bankroll is $722 through 10,000 simulations. While the same scenario with 65% win rate is north of $2,000.

I want to publish some results to give people an idea of the potential of cash games, and to be honest self-motivate myself to be playing cash. However, I want to use realistic cash rates. The cash rates I am concerened with are strictly double ups as that is how the simulation is handling it. I play over at Aces and the simulaton accounts for $2.75 to win $5.

Also I would like win rates for sites like FanDuel or DraftKings with 50/50s where you play $10 to win $18 as a quick adjustment can be made to simulate the rake as well.

Any information you guys have will be great thanks!

• yeahthisiscuddy

The average win rate for 50/50s is 50%. It’s a little lower for double ups. I wouldn’t model much higher than a 60-65% win rate, although a more successful player than me would have a better idea of what’s a reasonable long term win rate.

• yogaflame

A better simulation would include several values. So I’d start with a value that’s just at or below the breakeven percentage (55.56% for 50/50s with a 9+1 structure) and simulate for a range of values up to a reasonably-realistic upper limit, perhaps 55% to 65% in 1% intervals for 50/50s. You could do this for a range of game types / structures and build a nice table of results.

• yeahthisiscuddy

@yogaflame said...

A better simulation would include several values. So I’d start with a value that’s just at or below the breakeven percentage (55.56% for 50/50s with a 9+1 structure) and simulate for a range of values up to a reasonably-realistic upper limit, perhaps 55% to 65% in 1% intervals for 50/50s. You could do this for a range of game types / structures and build a nice table of results.

Spoiler alert: higher cash rates lead to higher exponential bankroll growth rates.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler