MAIN FORUM

Comments

• GordonHayward20

Was I seeing something today or was Bonifacio green check marked ready to go hitting 1st and then all of a sudden game starts and he’s out and gosselin is leading off and pena hitting 2nd

I swear the only lineup I saw had pena hitting8th and gosselin 2nd. DK had em checkmarked too.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• benny11

• Blogger of the Month

yeah, same for gattis. So much for my ATL stack tonight

• nymjjb

Trust me I’m in shock they still do this. Providing false info=no bueno

• emac

After September callups arrive, particularly when teams are out there are more last minute replacements in MLB than in the months before (slight hyperbole) Gattis was on Twitter as being out about an hour before.

Philly Phil was listed on RG as the leadoff batter during the 4:30pm show.

And I too got burned by Bonifacio….moral of the story we gotta double check during this time much like we do during NBA.

Edit: it does look like a couple sources had Bonifacio as out a couple hours before lock, I missed that and was trusting of the greenies and also ESPN.com blue S.

• GordonHayward20

Ya I never saw Gattis either and I loaded my lineups about 630p
    Oh well.
    Doesn’t seem to matter as guys like Dalton whoever goes off and Cutch and J. Harrison are as bad as ebola

• nymjjb

but this doesn’t solve the problem of the site having bad info

• GordonHayward20

I mean I am not really blaming DK to be honest. I have 4 different MLB twitters I follow for lineups and all of them had Bonifacio and Gattis in as of 6:30p so no one to blame but myself

• imsogone

@nymjjb said...

but this doesn’t solve the problem of the site having bad info

They don’t really have bad info as those are the lineups that are still posted by the teams before the official lineup cards are exchanged. The only time I remember where I thought it was bad was earlier in the season when Darvish was said to not be playing before lineups were even out. The Rangers released their line-up card without a pitcher listed, however when I looked over at DK’s line-up it had Darvish green lit, not the probable, green lit. Still I like the way DK does it overall. I’ve missed a few late scratches due to laziness but overall it really helps me build lineups quickly. Get on Twitter.

• sonicattack

Blaming this on the site is completely missing the mark. Come on guys. You’re better than this.

• nymjjb

I didn’t even get burned by this but no way to stand up for a site with bad info. My whole point all along was they should never post who is in a lineup or not. I did get a refund earlier in the year for the same issue

• bearcats594

on their site when you clicked atlantas lineup they had like 13 players in the starting lineup. not sure what the problem was but i switched to rotogrinders lineup page and they had the correct lineup

• GordonHayward20

FYI not blaming them. More of a bad beat.

• emac

@bearcats594 said...

on their site when you clicked atlantas lineup they had like 13 players in the starting lineup. not sure what the problem was but i switched to rotogrinders lineup page and they had the correct lineup

I like to triangulate with 2+ sources if it is someone who is iffy or appears too good to be true.

• sonicattack

@emac said...

I like to triangulate with 2+ sources if it is someone who is iffy or appears too good to be true.

This.

Just like when you share something on social media – always check your sources.

• nymjjb

so then why do they have this info on the site?

• emac

@nymjjb said...

so then why do they have this info on the site?

Because a lot of gamers do find it useful. Especially if they don’t have the time to look at everything. Something that is nearly always correct, is basically better than just blind faith alone.

If I am making a quick contests, but not with my normal volume, via my iPhone. Then I don’t mind having a little extra help.

Even though it is not as perfect, it is good enough in a pinch.

Any debate on that, is probably valid, but best left for a different thread.

• tprokopenko

We can’t badmouth the site, because it was Draftkings! Now, if it was fanduel, then everybody fire away!

• dbsports2240

@tprokopenko said...

We can’t badmouth the site, because it was Draftkings! Now, if it was fanduel, then everybody fire away!

Lol. +1.

• monds6

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• 2013 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

Situations change – I check multiple sources and twitter – it’s time consuming but I protect my stake as much as possible – two Main lineup sites I use yesterday had a discrepancy in a lineup on a player I was going to use so I didn’t know who was right so went a dif route.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).