MAIN FORUM

Comments

• smoke1j

This is a Cash game question. I do understand that as a whole a lower score on average will win H2H vs. 50/50. However, I feel like on small slates, 2 – 4 games, most H2H matches will consist of the same pitchers especially on FD where you only select 1. So once you wash the pitchers then it becomes a pick the best hitters match, which is somewhat of a dice roll every night, I don’t care who you are. This does not happen in the NBA or NFL, maybe somewhat in NHL. The 50/50’s will always have people picking underdog pitchers even if there is a clear cut #1 out there. It just seems to me any MLB match you would want to avoid playing someone with same pitcher and the 50/50’s at worse 70% of the field will have your pitcher. Assuming your pitcher does what you projected him to do, you then only need your hitters to best 20 of 70 to cash. What I would break that down to mean an average score would cash in a 50/50 about 70% of the time vs. an average score in a H2H match roughly winning 50% of the time. Now this is holding everything equal taking out the pick your opponent (on FD) factor. Still applies to DK but less since you pick 2 pitchers, but no pick your opponent option. Cash players let me know if im off on this, but i just feel on a short slate 50/50’s should be easier to cash in than H2H.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).