INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• BigMatt

First time posting here. Was wondering about MLB incentives. I was wondering if it is worth it and did it help the subscribers really pick up their game last year to win money? I have some time to do research and enjoy doing research. I know these guys have all day to research when posting their articles. I know it is picking the right players and finding that core group to really go off. I play a lot of cash and some low dollar GPPs. Thanks.

• Rachelynn51912

JMToWin’s article is worth it by myself. ( I forgot how often it was published, 3x a week at least) His two sports are football and baseball, and I always pay the incentives for both due to his articles, the guy looks at the games different then anyone else.

• CUTiger81

I’ve been critical of the NBA content here in the past, although RG has made some strides to improve it. The MLB and NFL content is fantastic. JM, STLCard and Cheese’s incentives articles are incredibly good.

Speaking of NBA content. The feature that Jakz did yesterday, Seige’s article and the one Andy Means does are fantastic. Wish they were more frequent.

• sethayates

@Rachelynn51912 said...

JMToWin’s article is worth it by myself. ( I forgot how often it was published, 3x a week at least) His two sports are football and baseball, and I always pay the incentives for both due to his articles, the guy looks at the games different then anyone else.

I’ll second this. JM is such a talented writer that he’s able to clearly communicate how he landed on specific players. He also keeps it fresh by sometimes breaking down every pitcher on the slate and other times going position-by-position. It’s incredibly helpful to have someone explain which stats you should be looking at and why they matter.

Last year JM, Cheesisgood and STLCardinals were rotating that piece. All three are really talented in MLB.

The other thing I found incredibly valuable was the expert consensus rankings. Instead of looking at the aggregate data I would sort by ranker. For example, Dean and Hoop are cash game players. If I don’t have much time to research I can easily find the chalk cash game plays just by sorting on those two (as well as Notorious). If I’m looking to build a GPP team I’ll typically sort on some of the contrarian rankers like Seige or BigT.

In my opinion, you can build a really solid lineup in less than 30 minutes just by reading JMs article and then looking at the consensus rankings. That’s where I get the most value from MLB incentives. I’m usually pretty busy in the summer so I don’t have time to research the entire player pool. The experts here do a good job of narrowing the options to help you make good decisions.

• walkoff9

Agree with what others have said. JM and Cheeseisgood are the 2 best on rotogrinders IMO.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Cheese is the goat. I always read his stuff. JM of course is great – can’t write like he does and not be. How he doesn’t get nominated for fantasy sports writing awards baffles me beyond belief.

• Mitchy2Fat

It’s well worth it in IMO. These guys put an unreal amount of research/time in. It will definitely benefit you if you take the time to read it.

• gregory1230

I don’t remember last season but does JM or/and Cheese write for Draftkings? I played FD only for MLB last year

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@gregory1230 said...

I don’t remember last season but does JM or/and Cheese write for Draftkings? I played FD only for MLB last year

I believe last year it was STLCards 3x per week for DK, Cheese 3x per week for FD, and JMToWin 2x per week for each site. They may change it up this year though, so I would wait until the official announcement if that an important factor in your decision.

• Moose285

@BigMatt said...

First time posting here. Was wondering about MLB incentives. I was wondering if it is worth it and did it help the subscribers really pick up their game last year to win money? I have some time to do research and enjoy doing research. I know these guys have all day to research when posting their articles. I know it is picking the right players and finding that core group to really go off. I play a lot of cash and some low dollar GPPs. Thanks.

Have you experienced having incentives for other sports? I used it for NBA and couldn’t imagine not having it. I enjoyed the stars and scrubs rankings the most for NBA. I would think with incentives it would make your picks more informed better and quicker. I say it’s worth a shot if you can afford it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.