4:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : San Francisco ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 0 ) at Florida ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at Cincinnati ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:15 PM EST : Chi White Sox ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ferrara316

@bucherpsu08 said...

Link

Q

Thanks so much!

• DFSx42

@SkateFiend said...

What was the Yahoo scoring change? It seems like they’re awarding more points for homeruns.

I’m actually pretty bummed about this myself. I could be mistaken, but it appears to be that singles, doubles, triples, HRs, & BB all got a boost. So basically the more luck and situational stats like R/RBI stay the same, as does pitching.

I actually think it’s going to hurt me significantly as my real edge was in getting the pitcher right and now that’s not worth as much comparatively. It also makes hitter’s less luck dependent on scoring, so now it’s more important to get the better hitter rather than the hitter who could go 1/5 with a groundout RBI.

From the looks of it, pricing appears to be more or less the same as last year. The real question is if these dummy prices adjust normally or not. Is a pitcher’s price going to be his relative value compared to everyone or just other pitchers? Unless hittings prices rise and pitching prices fall in correspondence this could have a pretty big impact on how I choose to play Yahoo.

Or… I could be chicken little and the impact is not significant enough to impact lineup construction significantly. I’m going to start tweaking my model this week and see where it takes me.

• Benf15harp

@Taterchipdip said...

Just pick Bryce Harper all year you will be fine. Welcome back BASEBALL!!!!!!!

Lol

• jackson5

@bucherpsu08 said...

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2018&month=0&season1=2018&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=p2019-03-28

Fangraphs daily probables page. Has basically everything you need for pitchers. You can go back as far as you want. Bookmark it and just change the date at the end of the link every day.

How did you access this? I thought fangraphs took away the daily probables leaderboard two years ago? This would be huge!

• SkateFiend

@DFSx42 said...

I’m actually pretty bummed about this myself. I could be mistaken, but it appears to be that singles, doubles, triples, HRs, & BB all got a boost. So basically the more luck and situational stats like R/RBI stay the same, as does pitching.

I actually think it’s going to hurt me significantly as my real edge was in getting the pitcher right and now that’s not worth as much comparatively. It also makes hitter’s less luck dependent on scoring, so now it’s more important to get the better hitter rather than the hitter who could go 1/5 with a groundout RBI.

From the looks of it, pricing appears to be more or less the same as last year. The real question is if these dummy prices adjust normally or not. Is a pitcher’s price going to be his relative value compared to everyone or just other pitchers? Unless hittings prices rise and pitching prices fall in correspondence this could have a pretty big impact on how I choose to play Yahoo.

Or… I could be chicken little and the impact is not significant enough to impact lineup construction significantly. I’m going to start tweaking my model this week and see where it takes me.

Players were probably unhappy about their night being over if even one of their pitchers stumbled early. Theoretically they now they have more chances to move up if their offense is clicking.

I do think this makes the game more dependent on extra base hits and run production than all around play, but there’s so much offense in sports right now. I’ve always prioritized high BA / OPS players anyways, so my approach won’t change. Hitters who get on base but do little at the plate (like Joey Votto last season) should be discounted at Yahoo.

• monarch

Pricing too soft on DK. Can get Trout, two really good pitchers and stack the Padres way too easily.

• jtkucheck

Are we gonna talk about Eric Lauer yet?

• bucherpsu08

@jackson5 said...

How did you access this? I thought fangraphs took away the daily probables leaderboard two years ago? This would be huge!

Yeah I know. I’ve had it bookmarked forever and the link still works the same way as it always did. The link I provided is set to opening day. All you need to do is change the date at the end of the link each day and it will update.

• monarch

@jtkucheck said...

I like the Snell/Lauer pairing a lot

• jackson5

Where do you access the date from there? Love it though, thank you!

• jackson5

@bucherpsu08 said...

Yeah I know. I’ve had it bookmarked forever and the link still works the same way as it always did. The link I provided is set to opening day. All you need to do is change the date at the end of the link each day and it will update.

Sorry, meant to quote it. How do you change the date? Appreciate you!

• bucherpsu08

@jackson5 said...

Sorry, meant to quote it. How do you change the date? Appreciate you!

In the address bar of your browser. The last part of the link is “p2019-03-28”. Change that every day.

• jtkucheck

@monarch said...

I like the Snell/Lauer pairing a lot

I’m thinking either Berrios or Freeland with Lauer, but Snell could work too. Not much L/L for him to take advantage of outside of Brantley and Reddick though.

• monarch

@jtkucheck said...

I’m thinking either Berrios or Freeland with Lauer, but Snell could work too. Not much L/L for him to take advantage of outside of Brantley and Reddick though.

He was better vs Righties last season I believe.

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

@bucherpsu08 said...

Thank you! You saved me from having to pull out my dead laptop and searching the history for this link. Bookmarking now!

• jtkucheck

@monarch said...

He was better vs Righties last season I believe.

I mean he was outstanding against everyone, but he had a slightly higher K% and a slightly lower BB% against LHBs. He also had just a .67 WHIP against LHB vs 1.07 vs RHB (still very good). But probably not correct to say he was better vs RHB. Hard contact rates were fairly agnostic of split (and low across the board).

• noddy

Does anyone play beat the score on FD? If so what is your strategy? I’m guessing just pay up for pitcher and fill in the bats?

• Ndepompei

@jtkucheck said...

talk quietly

• monarch

@jtkucheck said...

I mean he was outstanding against everyone, but he had a slightly higher K% and a slightly lower BB% against LHBs. He also had just a .67 WHIP against LHB vs 1.07 vs RHB (still very good). But probably not correct to say he was better vs RHB. Hard contact rates were fairly agnostic of split (and low across the board).

Thanks. Just off memory…could be wrong but the a lot of the Astros RHB are fairly reverse split guys too right? And the park can only help. Bregman is good against everyone but Snell can dominate any lineup anywhere.

• keephustlincuz

@jtkucheck said...

Berrios and Lauer. No more talking about Lauer.

Mods…. do your thing.

• Ndepompei

Thinking some White Sox and Reds lefties could be solid low owned plays

• jtkucheck

@keephustlincuz said...

No more talking about Lauer.

Whoops. Sorry.

• JENSGT

@monarch said...

Pricing too soft on DK. Can get Trout, two really good pitchers and stack the Padres way too easily.

Hopefully 50% jump on trout and he whiffs all night.

• monarch

@JENSGT said...

Ya…he will probably walk five times…steal two bases and score three runs…and I would be fine with that

• hautalak

@JENSGT said...

Hope he has the worst season of his career! I’ve never been “all about Trout”. I know I’m in the minority though I think…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.