4:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : San Francisco ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 0 ) at Florida ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at Cincinnati ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:15 PM EST : Chi White Sox ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• panters

I never got him right very often.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@panters said...

I never got him right very often.

I’m already behind schedule on examining the slate. Think I’ll go with the ol’ play whichever team I think will win the game… I won’t try to “attack” any pitchers yet.

• mrjredoak

@hautalak said...

I’m already behind schedule on examining the slate. Think I’ll go with the ol’ play whichever team I think will win the game… I won’t try to “attack” any pitchers yet.

Attacking Cashner in Yankee Stadium will be popular, but looks juicy

• noddy

@mrjredoak said...

I’m doing this

• bucherpsu08

@mrjredoak said...

Should be a popular strategy all year. Attack the O’s from all angles with both hitters and pitchers. I’m an O’s fan and this season is going to be brutal.

• PhoFever

@SkateFiend said...

Players were probably unhappy about their night being over if even of their pitchers stumbled early. Theoretically they now they have more chances to move up if their offense is clicking.

Interesting to me how Yahoo changes their scoring a lot, but never changes their position spots. And it isn’t exactly consistent across the sports – NFL and NBA have a UTIL spot but not NHL or MLB. Meanwhile, they have two pitchers and two goalies in NHL and MLB, but only one QB in football (I’m comparing QB to pitcher and goalie since they are all higher-scoring positions relative to the rest).

• superstars92

I see a lot of talk about the pitchers, but fitting Verlander/Berrios doesn’t seem very viable on DK though. It makes you choose like all 3k batters.

• jjwd

Vegas Odds are up!!!!!!!

• jackson5

@Ndepompei said...

Thinking some White Sox and Reds lefties could be solid low owned plays

I really like Moncada. In general for the season but especially tomorrow.

• homers1226

1 tid bit

vs. Chacin (Car.) 8 0 5 3 0 0 2 2 .625

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/29252

• Jeddy3

Cubs are the chalk for the main slate, right?

• mambaland

i will venture to say toronto will have roof closed temps high 47?

• squidkill

@Jeddy3 said...

Cubs are the chalk for the main slate, right?

its opening day with very little content out there- ownership will be spread out.

• rishipatel412

At what ownership % do you fade batters in large field GPPs? Anyone over 30%?

• thedkexperience

Day 1 Pre-cap

• JENSGT

@mrjredoak said...

yeah I was excited to go after O’s pitcher but then why did it have to be the yankees. Any team other than yanks or boston and I would have been thrilled to jump on.

• thedkexperience

If there was ever a day to jump on a random midwestern team and pray for 13 runs, opening day is it. It’s noob gambler Christmas tomorrow. While Mookie might only be 20-30% owned 99.9% of new players will try to use him, Judge, Stanton and so on. There will be a lot of sub 2% owned near all star caliber players in the Midwest and West Coast games.

• ferrara316

why is everyone in on Lauer? Dude’s numbers look awful. I don’t care if its the Giants or in a good ball park.

• squidkill

@ferrara316 said...

why is everyone in on Lauer? Dude’s numbers look awful. I don’t care if its the Giants or in a good ball park.

stack against him then- MLB is a simple game lol

• thedkexperience

@ferrara316 said...

To that point … park factors are funny. We all know SD, SF and LA (for examples) are pitchers parks, but that data is extrapolated over 81 games over many, many years. If you were to play a team every day in those stadiums chances are high that you’d do slightly better than average over the course of the season pitching wise.

BUT

On a single day basis park factors are wildly over blown. Any MLB team is capable of being shut out or scoring 10 runs in any park.

Let’s keep in mind where Barry Bonds hit most of his career homeruns. If you got Yellowstone power you got Yellowstone power.

Pitching Lauer because you think the Giants stink on offense is fine. Drafting a SD pitcher in season long because they’ll have 16 starts in a great park makes sense. Picking any pitcher based just on park factors on any one day is misguided.

Sure the pitchers park should help, but someone can give up 2 walks, a bloop single and then hang a curve for a grand slam in any park.

• jtkucheck

@ferrara316 said...

I don’t care if its the Giants or in a good ball park.

Seems like a weird thing to not care about.

• eatmyturf23

MLB OPENING WEEKEND league! $1 20-man, Thu-Sat. We need 7 more!!!

**It’s endorsed by Chewbacca!! (**not really)

Please PM me for the invite, and I’ll try to get to everyone within an hour. I’m asking for the PM to avoid pros/lurkers who aren’t regular RGers. We have regular chats and share info and feedback via the Yahoo league messenger chat within the app or desktop site.

• nickbloggerman

For the early slate, you can stack Toronto anyway you want and still do whatever you want for pitching. Maybe even a guy like Jansen gets overshadowed by the other strong catcher options like Sanchez and Realmuto.

• thedkexperience

The Phillies have released their lineup further cementing Gabe Kapler’s spot as the most DFS friendly manager around (unless you’re expecting more than 75 pitches from a starter).

McCutchen
    Segura
    Harper
    Hoskins
    Realmuto
    Herrera
    Hernandez
    Franco
    Nola

Nothing all too surprising except I figured Hernandez and Franco would be swapped. Regardless, Kapler said this morning on the radio that he expects to use the same lineup almost every day except with Scott Kingery randomly popping in as a replacement for whomever needs a rest, and it seems like Nick Williams might be the first bat off the bench regularly so he could have some platoon value in spots.

• Olhausen

@hautalak said...

Hope he has the worst season of his career! I’ve never been “all about Trout”. I know I’m in the minority though I think…

Agreed. As great as Trout is I just never get him on the right day. Dude has cost me so much money though on days I was headed towards a big score but didn’t have him and he went off.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).