4:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : San Francisco ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 0 ) at Florida ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at Cincinnati ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:15 PM EST : Chi White Sox ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Olhausen said...

Agreed. As great as Trout is I just never get him on the right day. Dude has cost me so much money though on days I was headed towards a big score but didn’t have him and he went off.

Hard to play close to 6K a night for a batter (no matter who it is…)

• jjwd

@thedkexperience said...

It’s noob gambler Christmas tomorrow.

LOL!

• jjwd

@thedkexperience said...

Day 1 Pre-cap

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• skleni

Who will be the chalk pitchers on the early slate? Scherzer and?

• yisman

Lindor sprained ankle, no timetable for his return.

However, since Ramirez’s X-rays came back clean, he’s expected to play tomorrow.

• thedkexperience

I just looked at the full day slate on Fan Duel and came away with 2 things.

1 – everyone and their mother will try to stack Yankees

2 – in a sea of aces you shouldn’t pick them. There is one absolute diamond in the low cost bin.

• mstutts2799

Lemme get uhhhhhhhhhhhh every possible yankees stack

• mstutts2799

• eatmyturf23

@eatmyturf23 said...

MLB OPENING WEEKEND league! $1 20-man, Thu-Sat. We need 7 more!!!

**It’s endorsed by Chewbacca!! (**not really)

Please PM me for the invite, and I’ll try to get to everyone within an hour. I’m asking for the PM to avoid pros/lurkers who aren’t regular RGers. We have regular chats and share info and feedback via the Yahoo league messenger chat within the app or desktop site.

Click here on my user name and send me a PM! We have spots open! It’s only $1 for three days of fun!!

Olympian Laurie Hernandez says you should!**
    (**okay no she doesn’t, but she would if she knew about it!)

• theinnovative

too many games for me…see ya on Friday

• thedkexperience

@mstutts2799 said...

Don’t you think that’s what everyone is going to do? I mean don’t get me wrong because Baltimore is a pitiful team with a crap pitcher in a hitters haven but it’s baseball. If they score 15 runs you’ll be splitting a min cash. If they score 0 (or near it) you’ll be sunk at really high prices.

I’m not saying it’s a bad play, it’s patently obvious that it’s a GREAT play, but it’s the patently obvious part that is gonna keep me away.

The East Coast tax – especially on day 1 – is real.

• jjwd

@skleni said...

Who will be the chalk pitchers on the early slate? Scherzer and?

Tanaka easy

• thedkexperience

@jjwd said...

Tanaka easy

On FD by slate here is what I expect.

105 Main: No chalk. There are simply too many aces for any one to get near 30% ownership.

210 Express: Nola or maybe Chacin. Mikolas is good but I don’t envision him being highly owned in a road start at Milwaukee.

400: Probably Berrios or Kluber but they play each other which you’d think would supress ownership a bit. Ryu might be popular at home against the DBacks.

For the record I’m choosing none of these guys but probably like Ryu the best.

• thedkexperience

@jjwd said...

Tanaka easy

As for Tanaka I’d disagree. People are gonna jam in so many Yankee hitters (in non Ace lineups) that finding the room for a Yankee pitcher might prove near impossible. Gotta remember the lineup restrictions.

If it comes down to Stanton, Judge or Tanaka I’d be surprised to see many people choose Tanaka.

• Jeddy3

A week ago I thought I was going to be all in on Kluber. As I’ve looked into it more, Minn has some mashers with decent history against him (I know bvp is bs) and I can’t see him getting the run support. Think I’m moving down to Ryu in cash and hope Dave Roberts lets him go 100+ pitches.

RIP me?

• jjwd

@thedkexperience said...

As for Tanaka I’d disagree. People are gonna jam in so many Yankee hitters (in non Ace lineups) that finding the room for a Yankee pitcher might prove near impossible. Gotta remember the lineup restrictions.

If it comes down to Stanton, Judge or Tanaka I’d be surprised to see many people choose Tanaka.

If the Yanks are chalk and Tanaka isn’t… ‘twill be a great day!

• gordylamb

RG Overall Ranking

Yankees on the early slate might be the second worst game theory pick this month behind anyone picking Duke to win in bracket pools

• jtkucheck

@gordylamb said...

Yankees on the early slate might be the second worst game theory pick this month behind anyone picking Duke to win in bracket pools

Technically Duke isn’t bad game theory until next month.

• yanksfan1

If Corey Dickerson is batting third against Castillo in GABP, seems like an easy play at 3.8K

• cjs5555

@Olhausen said...

Agreed. As great as Trout is I just never get him on the right day. Dude has cost me so much money though on days I was headed towards a big score but didn’t have him and he went off.

whassup Olhausen!

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

I understand the logic behind avoiding chalk stacks like the Yankees, but I think people sometimes get too scared off in situations like this. There are 246 different 2/3/4-hitter Yankees stacks to choose from (admittedly fewer if you want Judge & Stanton), and once you factor in the other players in your lineup the possibilities are endless. Bottom line: you can easily build a contrarian lineup that includes a chalk stack.

• skleni

Stroman vs. Detroit looks decent to me….might be a bounce back year for him.

• noddy

Can’t believe this is only 4 pages

• Jonas137

@skleni said...

Stroman vs. Detroit looks decent to me….might be a bounce back year for him.

Strohman and Chacin should be the cheaper pitchers. Sherzer is a lock in cash, can fade if desired in GPP for Tanaka though.

• thedkexperience

@noddy said...

Can’t believe this is only 4 pages

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).