4:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : San Francisco ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 0 ) at Florida ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at Cincinnati ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:15 PM EST : Chi White Sox ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jjwd

@TheDataDetective said...

I understand the logic behind avoiding chalk stacks like the Yankees, but I think people sometimes get too scared off in situations like this. There are 246 different 2/3/4-hitter Yankees stacks to choose from (admittedly fewer if you want Judge & Stanton), and once you factor in the other players in your lineup the possibilities are endless. Bottom line: you can easily build a contrarian lineup that includes a chalk stack.

Sound logic, but opening day is a rare slate. All the aces can skew the ownerships

• yisman

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/blue-jays-trade-kendrys-morales-athletics.html

7:02pm: In a surprising move, the Blue Jays have traded designated hitter Kendrys Morales to the Athletics, reports Jeff Passan of ESPN (via Twitter). The 35-year-old Morales is earning $11MM in the final season of a three-year, $33MM contract with the Jays, so presumably Toronto is providing substantial financial relief in the deal.

• Luctyl99

May just go place a moneyline bet on the Orioles at +290. I understand the situation but the first few series of the season often don’t go as many plan

• SoreOnSunday

How many of us will actually get any work done after lunch tmr?? Lol

• cbsharpe

tomorrow at work is a wrap…might as well taken a vacay day…..

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@mtdurham said...

This year in sticking to a system.

Im gonna max out tiers because frankly its easy to win money and rack up achievements.

DK ruined showdown mode so I’ll completely boycott it other than the showdown of the week.

Im gonna find one price level of single entry and play it daily until i start murdering it.

Im gonna play the DK main once a day and win it

Excellent idea

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@skleni said...

Who will be the chalk pitchers on the early slate? Scherzer and?

Verlander will catch a lot of ownership. Being in the NL and facing a top-3 pitcher in the league could suppress Max’s ownership a little bit. The range of outcomes includes him getting pulled for a pinch hitter. That isn’t there for JV. Not saying this is sound logic, but a thought process I expect. I’m play Max and feeling great about it…. I think.

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

As for Tanaka I’d disagree. People are gonna jam in so many Yankee hitters (in non Ace lineups) that finding the room for a Yankee pitcher might prove near impossible. Gotta remember the lineup restrictions.

If it comes down to Stanton, Judge or Tanaka I’d be surprised to see many people choose Tanaka.

Tanaka should get a lot of DK ownership.

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@yanksfan1 said...

If Corey Dickerson is batting third against Castillo in GABP, seems like an easy play at 3.8K

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/the-argument-for-corey-dickerson-and-maybe-stacking-the-pirates-2981617

• BIF

Any games in jeopardy of not playing due to weather ?

• Olhausen

@cjs5555 said...

whassup Olhausen!

What up buddy!!! Super excited for another full baseball season ahead of us. The last two seasons I’ve been straight trash in April and May and even the first half of June. Hopefully I can avoid it this year as I’ve had amazing second halfs the last 2 seasons. Good luck this season!!

• cjs5555

@Olhausen said...

What up buddy!!! Super excited for another full baseball season ahead of us. The last two seasons I’ve been straight trash in April and May and even the first half of June. Hopefully I can avoid it this year as I’ve had amazing second halfs the last 2 seasons. Good luck this season!!

yeah, last season was a tough one….had a few big nights with a lot of losing in between and trying out different strategies with the changing game. looking forward to a better 2019! good luck to you!

• cjs5555

i’m thinking fading max may be the way to go in early slate…he tends to give up the odd HR or two to LHBs and NYM have some competent LHBs, plus he’s facing deGrom so the W is very questionable and I highly doubt Max is throwing enough innings to completely separate from the pack like he will do so often later in the season. I prefer the pivot to deGrom at the high price point. I can also see Tanaka disappointing (not likely, but not an insignificant probability either). Stroman and Chacin look like the best cheap options to me. TOR bats look like an interesting pivot off the NYY, who haven’t dominated Cashner like you may expect….a lot of RHBs in that NYY lineup and Cashner was much better against RHBs before last year. I’ll still have exposure to NYY, but more of a secondary play for me expecting they’ll be very highly owned.

• cjs5555

@BIF said...

Any games in jeopardy of not playing due to weather ?

check the RG MLB weather page….Kevin Roth is great!!! he’s got LAA/OAK flagged for potential delay, CHW/KC might have bigger issues.

• qatman

I rarely play more than one lineup or large slates, but have 9 tickets to the FD $9.99 event from satellites. Basically ended up wheeling CIN, TOR, STL, PHI stacks with a couple of LAA. Pitching is all over the place with Stroman the most used – basically whatever money was left since early season pitching is a crapshoot.

I agree with the previous posters that for GPP purposes you’re better off avoiding NYY and probably BOS too. I do have a few Gleyber Torres shares as he fit into some lineups.

Good luck to all and I look forward to some smaller slates.

• saintsfannca

@TheDataDetective said...

I understand the logic behind avoiding chalk stacks like the Yankees, but I think people sometimes get too scared off in situations like this. There are 246 different 2/3/4-hitter Yankees stacks to choose from (admittedly fewer if you want Judge & Stanton), and once you factor in the other players in your lineup the possibilities are endless. Bottom line: you can easily build a contrarian lineup that includes a chalk stack.

You doing your blogs again this year?

I find your information to be above the rest, you have a real talent for your craft and I am a big fan of yours.

• madmanjayWV

@ferrara316 said...

why is everyone in on Lauer? Dude’s numbers look awful. I don’t care if its the Giants or in a good ball park.

LAUER?

All pitchers SUCK – #RULE #1ofMLB DFS =

going to throw some FD quarters around and mix it up – IS KC GAME any chance of PPD?

What could go wrong — I just got this from FD —— Success! You’ve submitted your lineup.
    Want to enter it into more contests?
    Sorry, we could not find any other contests

DAVID BOTE double-dong — who’s gonna #DOUBLEDONG? marwin GONZO? i forced him into an early LU, then purged him, only made a couple – time to get KRAZY

What % of like smaller entry $5K plus prize pools will run a 2-catcher LU with a mix of ZUNINO – Realmutto- PassedBallGARY and a BUSTER POSEY flier? I’m sweet to Tucker Barnhart — but I’m going a hard fade today.

• madmanjayWV

@yisman said...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/blue-jays-trade-kendrys-morales-athletics.html

7:02pm: In a surprising move, the Blue Jays have traded designated hitter Kendrys Morales to the Athletics, reports Jeff Passan of ESPN (via Twitter). The 35-year-old Morales is earning $11MM in the final season of a three-year, $33MM contract with the Jays, so presumably Toronto is providing substantial financial relief in the deal.

• madmanjayWV

Little bit perplexed —

FANDUEL — blew up this NOTICE at some point on HumpDay = And it’s on the front page

The following players have been added to the player pool: SDP SS Fernando Tatis Jr., NYM OF Pete Alonso, TEX 2B Logan Forsythe, TOR P Bud Norris, ATL 2B Jack Lopez, CLE OF Carlos Gonzalez, CWS OF Eloy Jimenez, HOU P J.B. Bukauskas, LOS 1B Chris Parmelee, MIN P Ryne Harper, NYY P Gio Gonzalez.

I am just wondering when I roster Brian Goodwin at $2100 for KC am I going to get his triple DONG vs. Mike Fiers and the A’s ELITE bullpen?

Brian Goodwin
    KANSAS CITY ROYALS
    AVG
    HR
    RBI
    Left
    BATS
    FPPG
    $2,100
    SALARY ====== GO ANGELS

Why is Josh Harrison the only $2700 priced 2nd baseman on FD?

ALSO

Which is more safe?

OF K. Kiermaier HOU TAM $2,700+ OF "(player-popup #austin-meadows)A. Meadows":/players/austin-meadows-38016 HOU TAM $2,500
    ======================= OR ======================
    OF A. Judge BAL @ NYY $4,600+ UTIL C. Yelich $4,500

P.S. — Does FANDUEL MLB allow for a DROP SCORE? haha

C Carson Kelly $2000 and Austin Barnes $2200 if ur feelin’ lucky today!

• skleni

What about Nola for the early slate? Too dangerous?

• RatedDAL

Anyone think a stack or mini stack against a stud could be the thing that takes down a GPP? Max and Kluber are 2 I occasionally saw success stacking against last year.

• Ndepompei

@RatedDAL said...

Anyone think a stack or mini stack against a stud could be the thing that takes down a GPP? Max and Kluber are 2 I occasionally saw success stacking against last year.

Kluber is always susceptible to giving up a couple bombs

• noddy

Anyone playing Tanaka on FD?

• biga0787

I think Tanaka will be one of the chalkier pitchers. He will be highest owned on the slate id say. For good reason.

• noddy

@biga0787 said...

I think Tanaka will be one of the chalkier pitchers. He will be highest owned on the slate id say. For good reason.

I’m playing beat the score and he’s my pitcher. Hope that’s a good choice.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.