Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Tuesday, October 3rd
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 210 ) at NY Yankees ( -230 ) —- T: 7.5
    Wednesday, October 4th
    8:00 PM EST : Colorado ( 155 ) at Arizona ( -168 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jtkucheck

Anyone playing these? My early inclination is to go with Yankee bats and both NL pitchers, want to see Yankee lineup first though…

• MrPerfekt7

Debating but I think Santana and Serv put up numbers

• coachspitz

is it worth it to play a RP in arcade? saves and holds worth a decent amount of points, and if your reliever lucks into a win could be sitting pretty

• Frustrated

Not that you should be taking my advice because this is the first time I’m playing the arcade, but yeah I’m playing Chapman. He should/could get 1 plus innings of work if the Yankees are leading with a chance to get the save plus his K upside potential as well.

• piffffffffff

No articles for this slate from RG??

• piffffffffff

No articles for this slate from RG??

• tarheel66

The masses area ll over the Yankees tonight, Heading the Twins way to seperate in Gpp’s. An 0 fer for Judge and most of the field is hurting being they are probably also loading up on Severino

• jtkucheck

Anybody on Berrios for the savings?

• mabrla

After a full season of playing every day, I’m excited to just sit back and watch these games. You follow so intently all season, that it’s awesome watching these playoffs matchups happen while knowing all the statistics in your head for probabilities.

When a pitcher vs. batter matchup comes up and I say “dude if he throws him a slider, this guy smashes these to like a .500 WOBA”…then it happens everyone looks at me like..

• richierich

I don’t think you can talk me out of Severino. Even if he is chalk.

I am going to bet against Judge here though. I like Sanchez, Didi and Gardner vs Santana.

Make up for lost salary with Severino by punting with Descalso. I think the NL game sees it’s share of offense.

I need to decide between Goldy or JD. Goldy a bit cheaper, so I’m leaning that way. Although, JD bomb just always looms

• richierich

@7klub06 said...

Debating but I think Santana and Serv put up numbers

Anyone who goes with Santana can only justify doing so for the sake of being contrarian. Which is fine, but there’s simply no case for him having a very successful outing.

Pretty good write-up on him, from a site I frequent:

Severino is the best pitcher on the slate and Santana is the worst. Don’t be fooled by the 3.28 ERA this season. The xFIP was 4.77 and dude ran 40 points off his career BABIP numbers (.245 compared to .282). He K’s only seven batters per nine and is generally pitching to contact. That could be an issue in Yankee Stadium with the short porch in right and at least two guys in the middle of the lineup who will absolutely crush you if you don’t have better than average K stuff. The Yankees has the second highest implied run total and Santana will likely be the lowest owned arm for good reason.

• fanturds

@richierich said...

Anyone who goes with Santana can only justify doing so for the sake of being contrarian. Which is fine, but there’s simply no case for him having a very successful outing.

Pretty good write-up on him, on a site I frequent:

Severino is the best pitcher on the slate and Santana is the worst. Don’t be fooled by the 3.28 ERA this season. The xFIP was 4.77 and dude ran 40 points off his career BABIP numbers (.245 compared to .282). He K’s only seven batters per nine and is generally pitching to contact. That could be an issue in Yankee Stadium with the short porch in right and at least two guys in the middle of the lineup who will absolutely crush you if you don’t have better than average K stuff. The Yankees has the second highest implied run total and Santana will likely be the lowest owned arm.

i will be drinking with my transplant twins friend…so it gives me something to cheer for.

i didn’t want that 5 dollars anyway.

• yisman

@jtkucheck said...

Anybody on Berrios for the savings?

I’m confused.

• KindGuy

@yisman said...

I’m confused.

Maybe he’s slated to pitch in relief?

• yisman

no RG projections, no daily grind down, no ESPN daily notes

no tools

• MrPerfekt7

Feel like Judge will let everyone down tonight

• jjpk

Betting on a low-scoring game tonight and playing Severino and Santana. 4-man stacks from each NL team tomorrow.

• yisman

it’s ugly for me either way here, but it’d be helpful to know whether Marte and Peralta will play tomorrow, and where Iannetta bats in the lineup (I’m assuming he’ll start).

I’d really like Sanchez at C, but I can’t make it fit with Greinke/Severino, and I really want no part of Gray or Santana.

• yisman

for arcade, I have 5k left, meaning it’s either Parra or Kepler for me. Problem is I don’t know if Parra plays.

I guess I’ll use Chapman at pitcher, freeing me up to use a couple of good bats.

• richierich

@fanturds said...

i will be drinking with my transplant twins friend…so it gives me something to cheer for.

i didn’t want that 5 dollars anyway.

Haha. I hear ya man. I’ve been there. Plus, cheering against the Yankees is fun regardless.

Cheers

• richierich

@7klub06 said...

Feel like Judge will let everyone down tonight

Agreed… and I’m betting on it.

• jtkucheck

@yisman said...

I’m confused.

They brought Berrios in as a reliever on Friday to get him ready for such a role. If he goes 2+ innings and goes full bore, could get 4-5 Ks at super low ownership.

• yisman

Super speculative and only viable in arcade mode.

He could pitch 2 innings but there’s a fairly decent chance he doesn’t appear at all.

• jtkucheck

You can call the play speculative and I might be inclined to agree, but I’m not just pulling this out of thin air.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/29/twins-plan-to-use-jose-berrios-out-of-pen-in-wild-card-playoff/

• Dirt_Lavert

so play Santana/Severino or what?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).