• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Tuesday, 10/8
    4:15 PM EST : Houston ( -234 ) at Tampa Bay ( 213 ) —- T: 7.5

Wednesday, 10/9
    5:02 PM EST : St. Louis ( 101 ) at Atlanta ( -109 ) —- T: 8
    8:37 PM EST : Washington ( 134 ) at LA Dodgers ( -145 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• depalma13

That Chirinos home run just cost me thousands. In first for 2 hours and than one swing of the bat and it all goes away. Showdown is evil.

• SkateFiend

I tried to cancel a Yahoo contest entry for tomorrow’s slate and I couldn’t find the cancel entry button. Is this happening to everyone else?

• depalma13

Solo 3rd place in the $25k moonshot!

Would have liked to won it after being in 1st for so long, but I can’t complain turning $3 into a grand.

• SkateFiend

@depalma13 said...

Solo 3rd place in the $25k moonshot!

Would have liked to won it after being in 1st for so long, but I can’t complain turning $3 into a grand.

Congrats

• telestraightshooter

my cash LU crossed cash line in 9th
    CPT J. Verlander 6.38
    UTIL A. Bregman 3
    UTIL Jose Altuve 5
    UTIL Ji-Man Choi 11
    UTIL Colin Poche 5.15
    UTIL R. Osuna 0

• depalma13

@SkateFiend said...

Congrats

Thanks!

• mattyice522

5th in the 2.22 … Anyone have a link to the 9.99? I wanna see how I woulda done there

• 2Slik

Surprised no one is mentioning the Wins rule again. I thought the Win went for whoever pitched at the completion of the fifth inning upon having the lead. Apparently it’s arbitrarily chosen. Interesting in which Castillo pitched the opener in which the Rays took the lead and Nick Anderson had the teams most innings pitched and entered in the fourth while finishing through the sixth yet Yarbrough got the W.

• gunthie176

@2Slik said...

Surprised no one is mentioning the Wins rule again. I thought the Win went for whoever pitched at the completion of the fifth inning upon having the lead. Apparently it’s arbitrarily chosen. Interesting in which Castillo pitched the opener in which the Rays took the lead and Nick Anderson had the teams most innings pitched and entered in the fourth while finishing through the sixth yet Yarbrough got the W.

it’s not arbitrary. i think you’re just used to seeing a starter get pulled in the 5th with a lead then the reliever gets the win. the opener can be on the hook for the loss pretty easily, but if he leaves after just 1 pitch with a lead the next man up gets credit for the win. unless of course the game becomes tied then the most recent pitcher gets it

• 2Slik

It’s not necessarily the 2nd pitcher.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/standard-stats/win

Instances of that here:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR201909270.shtml

• gunthie176

@2Slik said...

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/standard-stats/win

Instances of that here:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR201909270.shtml

“unless of course the game becomes tied then the most recent pitcher gets it”

Drake came in and blew the lead, then they retook the lead with him still pitching and he was credited with the W, as is standard.

• 2Slik

May want to read that box score again. At no point did the Rays ever lose the lead. The had 3 runs by the 4th and the Jays only scored 2 the entire game. The guy who pitched in the 7th got the win.

• telestraightshooter

@2Slik said...

good link there

Logical DFS scoring changes

• 4 pts for Win needs to be discarded
    • K’s need to be discounted
    • dongs should be discounted
    • batter scoring should be based on runners advancing as a result of the AB (batter included) & not just RBI’s
    • something like Base Advance Average addresses this

• gunthie176

@2Slik said...

May want to read that box score again. At no point did the Rays ever lose the lead. The had 3 runs by the 4th and the Jays only scored 2 the entire game. The guy who pitched in the 7th got the win.

i stand corrected. i haven’t seen this used almost ever. learned something new today

• Jordaneck

I will be fading faulty nut sack

• telestraightshooter

@Jordaneck said...

I will be fading faulty nut sack

do you smell regression forthcoming?

or is the ATL SP’s 5 great start out of last 6 a fluke?

• Jordaneck

Still decent game, but I think stl won’t leave Flaherty out to dry as he dominates from the jump.

• icemanyeee

cards stack

• telestraightshooter

How can Strasburg be +148?

I mean, I know the Nat has a questionable bullpen, but I question if any of the questionable elements will see the mound.

• ASitar

Buehler/Flaherty + Cards/Duvall/Joc?

• ASitar

And Taylor as a punt?

• yisman

Folty was too cheap on DK and Yahoo

locked him in

huge negative score

Only out he recorded was on a sacrifice bunt (by Wong, I used him on Fanduel)

• homers1226

wow that was quick

• yisman

-14.85 DK points for Folty

as Fried now can’t get anyone out

• telestraightshooter

ummm save Flaherty’s arm for NLCS?

have him play RF!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler