RG Premium Content Director

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • 2016 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

FanDuel WFBC Finalist
    • 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

DraftKings FBWC Finalist

This is just getting ridiculous…

Last year, when I took over as Premium Content Director at RotoGrinders, I would have been knocked unconscious if someone had shown me the sort of MLB content and tools we would be pumping out to readers just one year later.

What am I talking about? Let’s start with this:

Trendspotting. Yup. That’s a new article we’ll have in MLB Premium this year. This is the “description” I wrote up for the site:

Baseball is the most analytics-driven sport – which inherently means that those who maximize their leverage of advanced analytics make a lot more money in MLB DFS than those who don’t. The good news? – you have Chris Gimino and Seth Yates, and others don’t! Every day – through the awesome “Trendspotting” model Gimino has developed (using cutting-edge Statcast and Fangraphs data) – you will have a quick and easy look at the players who are currently trending upward, based on an advanced analytics approach most of your competition could only dream of having.

Honestly, that would be worth the price of admission to Premium right there. As would Gimino’s Ownership Projections. As would the article I divvy up with CheeseIsGood (who, by the way, is still the only two-time $1 million winner in the history of MLB DFS!), in which he and I explore the day’s matchups from every angle – steering you toward the best plays on the day, and helping you become a better and more complete DFS player as you continually expose yourself to the “process” and the “why,” rather than just looking at the “what.”

Yeah. Each of those would be worth the price of admission on their own. And yet, you get all three. Oh! – and you get our daily Pitching Primer (headed up by Eric Crain, TheSeige, Andy Means, and STLCardinals84!), as well as our daily Batter Breakdown.

Want more? You got it! Each day, some the most profitable MLB DFS players in existence will give you their favorite point-per-dollar plays on the day in the form of our Consensus Value Rankings – now improved with a “stars” and a “values” section! We’ll also have the popular Expert Survey, where your favorite contributors answer important questions regarding that day’s slate.

Each day, you get Expert Chat. You get Notorious’ Cheat Sheet. You get Bargain Bin Ballers.

Want even more?

This year, starting in mid-April, STLCardinals84 will be sharing his GPP breakdown in a special feature each Tuesday and Friday, for the huge slates available on those days!

Every other week, CheeseIsGood and I will team up on a Rotonomics show to dig into advanced statistics – taking you behind the scenes to give you a feel of the stats we are keying on, and the way in which we are processing information.

Three days a week, this year, we will also have an Experts Roundtable video in Premium – breaking down that day’s slate with some of the top MLB DFS minds in the industry.

Like I said: This is just getting ridiculous…

Our Premium Package for MLB is on sale now. Content for both 4/2 and 4/3 will be posted in the coming days, following the release of site pricing.

RotoGrinders Premium Package will be increasing to $29.95 per month per site before the start of MLB season! However, if you are already a subscriber or join now, you can maintain the $25 monthly rate, per site, which includes Premium content for all sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, PGA)! 1

If you are only interested in MLB, check out our MLB Seasonal package, for $125 per site. However if you are interested in all sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, PGA), check out our Annual option below!

FanDuel Premium 7-Day Free Trial

DraftKings Premium 7-Day Free Trial

Our new Annual subscriptions for Fanduel and DraftKings offer our best value yet on RotoGrinders Premium. Subscribe today and you’ll get a full year of access for $269. This is a special introductory rate – the Annual subscription price will increase to $299 when the MLB season begins so act fast!

Annual FanDuel Premium Subscription

Annual DraftKings Premium Subscription

1Subscribe now and you will keep the $25 rate for the time being, but we want members to know we are currently evaluating all of our premium packages and offerings. Everything is subject to change as our site and the industry evolves. Full Terms & Conditions.

• jimmyquinella

The wealth of information in these packages is amazing.

If you are on the fence, try it and see.

• pokerman64

Id be interested in seeing the price for the all sports all year package.

• CUTiger81

I assume these articles (Edge, Pitching Primer, etc…) will be written for both FD and DK premium subscribers and not just limited to one site or the other depending on the day (much like Means Core Plays is for NBA….which, as a DK only subscriber, I hate fwiw)?

• JMToWin

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

FanDuel WFBC Finalist

DraftKings FBWC Finalist
    @CUTiger81 said...

I assume these articles (Edge, Pitching Primer, etc…) will be written for both FD and DK premium subscribers and not just limited to one site or the other depending on the day (much like Means Core Plays is for NBA….which, as a DK only subscriber, I hate fwiw)?

Pitching Primer and Batter Breakdown will be site-specific – as will CVR, etc.

Trendspotting is not site-specific, because it is based around the numbers, rather than the pricing.

The article Cheese and I divvy up (my MLB Edge; his Million Dollar Musings) is for both DraftKings and FanDuel – with pricing notes included for both sites.

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion
    • 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

RG Season Long Champion: NFL
    @pokerman64 said...

Id be interested in seeing the price for the all sports all year package.

We should have that package worked out in the very near future. It will involve some sort of a discount on the monthly rate x 12, but I don’t know what the exact figures will be at this point in time. – Let us know if you need anything else in the mean time.

• CUTiger81

@JMToWin said...

Pitching Primer and Batter Breakdown will be site-specific – as will CVR, etc.

Trendspotting is not site-specific, because it is based around the numbers, rather than the pricing.

The article Cheese and I divvy up (my MLB Edge; his Million Dollar Musings) is for both DraftKings and FanDuel – with pricing notes included for both sites.

Sounds good. Already been digging into MLB and can’t wait to start taking in all the content.

• JMToWin

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

FanDuel WFBC Finalist

DraftKings FBWC Finalist
    @CUTiger81 said...

Sounds good. Already been digging into MLB and can’t wait to start taking in all the content.

I’m writing up the first couple slates tonight, man (and been recording and writing RotoAcademy courses nonstop for the last week-plus). I’m getting pumped for the season!!!!

• Mitchy2Fat

Can’t wait!!!!! Welcome back

• Dtayl913

So wait, how does this effect me if I’m already a FD premium subscriber? Will I have to pay a new monthly fee to access anything?

• Mitchy2Fat

Ur good to on fanduel

• Supersharpie

Questions…

If I start my free trial now and choose to start paying for the content at the conclusion of the trial, will I still be eligible for the grandfathered $25 monthly rate even though I won’t make my first payment until after Opening Day?

Also, when exactly will rates be increased? On Saturday?

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist
    • 2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist
    @Supersharpie said...

Questions…

If I start my free trial now and choose to start paying for the content at the conclusion of the trial, will I still be eligible for the grandfathered $25 monthly rate even though I won’t make my first payment until after Opening Day?

We’ll probably up the price on the 2nd, maybe the 3rd, but haven’t finalized it yet. If you start your free trial before the price increase you’ll pay $25 when you are billed.

• Jaws1002

Just read his first article…it’s well worth it guys. JM helped me make a lot of money in football so I went back to the well for baseball and I am hoping for the same results. I do my own work, but article 1 opened my eyes to a few guys I wasn’t thinking about. Good Luck

• GrindUnumb

@Supersharpie said...

Questions…

I have same question.

• Pick1979

With their being So much info
    What do folks find valuable with incentives that the grind down really doesn’t cover.

It can just be so time consuming to digest all the info and Im wondering what info is particularly saught after that incentives delivers

• JMToWin

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

FanDuel WFBC Finalist

DraftKings FBWC Finalist
    @Pick1979 said...

With their being So much info
    What do folks find valuable with incentives that the grind down really doesn’t cover.

It can just be so time consuming to digest all the info and Im wondering what info is particularly saught after that incentives delivers

Awesome question!

There are three major advantages to going the Premium route, IMO:

1) The article Cheese and I split is more focused on the process and the slate-by-slate approach than the Grind Down is structured to be. Our goal with these articles is to not just help the reader on that day’s slate, but to also help the reader become a better DFS player.

2) Consensus Value Rankings are a great way to get an immediate snapshot of how some of the most consistently profitable MLB DFS players in existence are seeing that day’s slate.

3) Gimino’s contributions (ownership projections, and the new Trendspotting article) are not only more valuable than anything you can find for free on any site…but, frankly, are more valuable than anything you can subscribe to on any other site (with the added bonus that RG’s subscription is cheaper than what any other site offers).

Hopefully that helps!

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

the mlb edge or whatever its called when cheese or stlcards write it is worth the price easily even if you dont use any other tools.

its less paying for opinions and more paying for people to do research for you.

• Jaws1002

Everything is working for the premium package except projected ownership. It says you have to be an incentives member. Is there a problem with that particular section??

• CUTiger81

@walkoff9 said...

the mlb edge or whatever its called when cheese or stlcards write it is worth the price easily even if you dont use any other tools.

its less paying for opinions and more paying for people to do research for you.

I partially agree with you. The first sentence for sure. The 2nd one I would reword. If you read JM or Cheese’s MLB articles for any length of time it’s not that you’re “paying them to do the research for you” it’s that they’re teaching you how to do research for yourself. You’ll learn how to get onto a lot of the same plays that these guys are on without them having to steer you in that direction each day. Not only that but since they don’t make picks you’ll look back on days that you make mistakes and be able to better identify why a JM or Cheese didn’t go in the same direction you did, and vice-versa, you’ll learn to make plays that they maybe should have played but overthought the decision or made a mistake, etc…

• Ross

RG Rep

@Jaws1002 said...

Everything is working for the premium package except projected ownership. It says you have to be an incentives member. Is there a problem with that particular section??

Hi,

Can you make sure you have you have DraftKings selected from the menu-bar on the Research Tools page? From there you should have no trouble accessing the pown page.

• jba

Not sure if this is the proper place to direct this question. If not, please point me to the right spot. I signed up for the 7 day free trial (Fanduel), but the only thing I am interested in is ownership percentage for Fantasydraft. I don’t need any of the other features (not doubting their value, just wouldn’t use them). Since Fantasydraft Pown is “Coming Soon” and the FD #s seem to be a poor proxy, do you have any recommendations for me?

Second (again if this isn’t the correct spot, repoint me) the points scored for Fantasydraft (on “yesterday’s” lineup page) is riddled with inaccuracies. Is this a stat provider problem, and do you think it can be fixed soon. I like to track actual performance to compare it to my model, but if the data is incorrect, the tracking is of no real value.

Thanks.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

@jba said...

Second (again if this isn’t the correct spot, repoint me) the points scored for Fantasydraft (on “yesterday’s” lineup page) is riddled with inaccuracies. Is this a stat provider problem, and do you think it can be fixed soon. I like to track actual performance to compare it to my model, but if the data is incorrect, the tracking is of no real value.

Hey @jba, thanks for pointing this out. I looked into this issue, and the reason some players appear to be wrong is because FantasyDraft removed the negative points for strikeouts this season. We were still calculating those in, which would cause some results to appear lower than they actually were.

We just made a fix to correct this, and while this won’t update historical data that already exists, it will fix the issue from happening in the future.

As for projected ownership, FantasyDraft is up and running! You can check it out here.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

Advertisement

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.