STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• romewashington

I’ve only really played MLB tournaments where I try and stack multiple lineups. I am thinking of trying some heads up play, or these 50/50… What would the difference in stacking strategy be here? I’d only be entering one lineup so is it still best to pick a team to stack, or with the lower pool of players should I actually look at individual players from all teams?

• Jvanspro

My suggestion is not to stack in cash games.

• pinstripeblue

no matter where you stack you just cant just shoot one bullet. on a busy slate you have to target at least 3-5 diff stacks and mix and match, possibly with at least 2 SP….check the results for any $300 monster, thats what the ones who throw around big money do,,,,remember dont just look at the 1st few pages where the money line is,,,start at the back also, as you will see the same players losing lineups there also..you can try this in cash games but you with say 6 different lineups you would have to cash in 4 to make a profit,,,very hard to do consistently

• tzahlhas

For cash games, I try not to stack games. It’s okay to have 2 batter stacks, but full stacks will knock you out of the money in cash games if they don’t hit. Diversify by not stacking helps avoid running into that surprise solid pitching effort, picking the wrong players in the stack, or bad weather.

• Njsum1

A bunch of one offs that suck can also ruin a cash lineup. No matter what you read there is no right or wrong answer. If you’re better at identifying stacks, whether they be 234 or 5, that score points, then you are at pegging individual players that will do well, then you should stack all types of contests. Yet maybe limit your cash game stacks to 4 players. If your better at identifying individual players that will do well, then don’t stack. I find I put up higher scores, with more consistency when I stack, so i generally use a stack in all types of contests. Yet that’s me, what works for you may be different.

• romewashington

So you mean I should play multiple cash games with different team stacks? What do you mean regarding 2 starting pitchers? For example do you mean to play 4 cash games, use the same starting pitchers with different lineups on 2?

• romewashington

What is the difference between batter stacks and full stacks? You think its better just picking individual players as opposed to team stacks?

• romewashington

@Njsum1 said...

A bunch of one offs that suck can also ruin a cash lineup. No matter what you read there is no right or wrong answer. If you’re better at identifying stacks, whether they be 234 or 5, that score points, then you are at pegging individual players that will do well, then you should stack all types of contests. Yet maybe limit your cash game stacks to 4 players. If your better at identifying individual players that will do well, then don’t stack. I find I put up higher scores, with more consistency when I stack, so i generally use a stack in all types of contests. Yet that’s me, what works for you may be different.

Yeah I am leaning towards the stack as well, cause those seem to be the winning lineups in tournaments. But let’s say I play just 1 head to head contest, don’t I really have about 50/50 shot either way?

• romewashington

If I’m playing one cash game regardless of the stakes I think its 50/50 whether I use an individual player approach or a stack, agree?

• Cpjttogether

I game stacked in cash today with sale as my pitcher and accidently got 7 zeros. but I guess if I used boston id be ok.

• hautalak

Gotta do what works for you and the particular slate you are playing best. When you take a real “ace” pitcher I think it’s best to find a cheap mini stack of at least 3 guys. There are always a few guys you can use as a one-off that are priced well and in a good spot. Unless it is a small slate or Coors I would not reccommend full 4/5 man stacks. Just my opinion though.

• romewashington

@hautalak said...

Gotta do what works for you and the particular slate you are playing best. When you take a real “ace” pitcher I think it’s best to find a cheap mini stack of at least 3 guys. There are always a few guys you can use as a one-off that are priced well and in a good spot. Unless it is a small slate or Coors I would not reccommend full 4/5 man stacks. Just my opinion though.

This sounds like a good strategy, I like it.

• hautalak

@romewashington said...

This sounds like a good strategy, I like it.

Seems to be my go to for cash games and has worked a majority of the time this year. I will say my one-offs have been what helped me cash sometimes. GL!

• Roma315

Stacking is boom or bust in cash games.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler