STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• nblancers

NE @ Orlando

San Jose @ Colorado

Quick thoughts:
    Kevin Molina is out for the rest of the year as Orlando looks to win their first home match of year. Brek Shea (5,700 DK) could move up to MF. Kaka (9,800) always an option but Orlando struggling to score at home.

London Woodberry (4,000) has taken over RB for NE and had an assist last match. All attacking players for NE are in play. Lee Nguyen (7,900) did not start last match after missing practice over contract dispute but should start.

Dillon Powers (6,800)should be in everyone’s cash game lineups. Gabby Torres (6,400) has scored goals in his last two games. Shutout potential for Clint Irwin (4,800).

M. Perez Garcia (6,000) scored 14 fantasy points on Tuesday. Adam Jahn (5,200) scored his first goal of the season last match. Wondo (9,500) always an option.

• VinnyT87

Just popped my MLS cherry last week and got rocked. Thank you for this, I only follow EPL and Champions League closely.

Since MLS counts “2nd pass assists”, that gives more value to these holding CM’s that float it out to the wingers/wingbacks who cross it back in for the goal . My question for you or anyone is whether you have seen any players thus far in MLS this season rack up any of these 2nd pass assists. Somebody like Jermaine Jones or Benny Feilhaber seems like the kind of player who could rack these up over the course of a season.

I know very little about MLS though, other than the big int’l signings and the players that float in and out of the 30-man USMNT prelim squads. You seem like you know more than your average Joe, I’d encourage you to get a blog going. Mainly because I want another sport aside from MLB this summer. I would take WNBA over MLB, MLB is too hit or miss I’ve found. Maybe I’ll change my tune in a few months there though.

• Craptor

2nd assists just means blindly stacking favored teams is more forgiving.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@VinnyT87 said...

Just popped my MLS cherry last week and got rocked. Thank you for this, I only follow EPL and Champions League closely.

Since MLS counts “2nd pass assists”, that gives more value to these holding CM’s that float it out to the wingers/wingbacks who cross it back in for the goal . My question for you or anyone is whether you have seen any players thus far in MLS this season rack up any of these 2nd pass assists. Somebody like Jermaine Jones or Benny Feilhaber seems like the kind of player who could rack these up over the course of a season.

I know very little about MLS though, other than the big int’l signings and the players that float in and out of the 30-man USMNT prelim squads. You seem like you know more than your average Joe, I’d encourage you to get a blog going. Mainly because I want another sport aside from MLB this summer. I would take WNBA over MLB, MLB is too hit or miss I’ve found. Maybe I’ll change my tune in a few months there though.

I don’t think a good strategy would be chasing the possibility of secondary assists. i think you’re better off getting the players who will touch the ball the most and go from there.

also, I should have an article up on the main page sometime today for MLS picks for friday and Saturday slates.

• nblancers

@VinnyT87 said...

Thanks. Not into MLB or the PGA so I’m excited by the MLS offering by Draftkings. I would not focus on secondary assists either. Look for attacking MFs than DMFs. For example, Lee Nguyen over a Kyle Beckerman.

• gcowboy5886

Kaka is going to snap out of his funk from the last two or three weeks eventually… He seems to be better when Larin starts. Like him more if this happens. I think any of the keepers are fine, but no doubt Irwin has best clean sheet possibility. Best strategy I’ve found on these 2 game slates is stacking my keeper and both defender spots (for gpp)

• nblancers

Brek Shea starting in MF. Lee Nguyen starting. Jose Goncalves on the bench w Jermaine Jones playing CB.

• gcowboy5886

Rowe the odd man out tonight for New England, a little surprised it’s not Bunbury coming off the bench. He fits that role a little better than Rowe I think.

• nblancers

No one works harder on NE than Bunbury. Tracks back on defense and provides cover when Woodberry advances. Rowe still inconsistent.

• gcowboy5886

Wish these games were on the main Univision station like early on in the year
    … Would love to see them with Draftkings now offering the slate.

• Craptor

they stream on the internetz

• gcowboy5886

@Craptor said...

they stream on the internetz

Yeah, no Wi-Fi for me the next 3 or 4 days though

• Craptor

the amount of missed points going on right now is absolutely criminal.

• gcowboy5886

Playing Bunbury instead of Rowe once the lineups came out cost me a bit. I wanna see the Galaxy lineup first, But liking whoever starts in goal right now Dallas. They looked anemic in SLC Wednesday, and they didn’t seem particularly willing to push much forward. Espindola at home as well, his price is right on dk right now.

• nblancers

Why is Atinella 4,900 and Rimando 4,500 on Draftkings? Am I missing something? I think they’ll be 3+ goals in Columbus v Seattle.

• gcowboy5886

I was wondering that top with the RSL keepers. Also surprised Allen is still on defense and 2800

• nblancers

Agree on Allen. Def have some exposure on him today.

• Craptor

More like chicago dumpster fire, lol letting the worst offensive team in the league score 2 goals on 3 shots.

• RangerC

Faded the CLB/SEA game… whoops. Hit 128 and 121 but no Dempsey/Kamara = no win.

• lupellus

Is there a good site to get stats for MLS?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).