NBA FORUM

Comments

• mbeb

Does anyone know if FD/DK have plans for this? With a 2-game slate tomorrow, it’s going to be a crapshoot….two days give more options to choose from.

• Voltzwagon

No idea but I’d like to see it.

• jecarl2

I was getting ready to start a thread on this. 2 game slates are so unappealing. After today there are 3 games on each day. Hopefully we see 2 day slates starting Tue. If not, it looks like my DFS NBA season is over.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I’m not surprised but VERY disappointed. I’m fairly certain the past few years DFS sites almost ALWAYS ran two game slates in the playoffs. It makes for a much more compelling and skilled game then having ridiculous overlap that we will see tonight.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

It’s just showing their greed a bit… why run a two game slate that rakes only once when they can fill two different GPP’s that they can get rake from.

Money talks and that’ll be the impetus behind most decisions the sites make. Of course that being said, I’m still playing so I’m feeding the shark.

• CP1

• x2

2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

I would play normal volume today on a Mon-Tue game and then tomorrow again on a Tue-Wed game which is around 10k. With 2 games ill play 10 percent of normal volume today, and probably 30 percent of normal volume tomorrow on a 3 game slate. FD will be losing out on 16k of rake-able dollars from me alone.

And to Dan’s point, FD did offer 2 day games last year in playoffs, and you can guarantee that during conference finals when there is one game a night, they will offer them again.

Why not offer both? Hmmmm… PODCAST TOPIC??

• rebkell

I only play the quarter arcades on DK, but funny thing was they only had the normal $3K quarter arcades for Sat and Sunday and $3K is the highest I’ve seen the arcade, yet today with a 2 game slate they are running a $4K, I’ve played all season long and to the best of my knowledge they have never had one over $3K, and lots of times $2K or less as their big arcade.

• 100rings

They offered it last year because DFS was still growing and they were trying to skirt around the legality and wanted to stay in line with the 3 game minimum (to make it a chance of skill). Last season you never ever saw 2 game slates Im pretty 100% certain on that. But now that DFS is here to stay, so many large investors in play, now they are not worried about having a minimum of 3 games and they are going to create as many slates as possible to create as much revenue as possible. What they will end up doing is having both 2 game slates and 2 day slates I bet, Im just wondering at what time today they will release the 2 day slate.

• CP1

• x2

@dcuncw23 said...

They offered it last year because DFS was still growing and they were trying to skirt around the legality and wanted to stay in line with the 3 game minimum (to make it a chance of skill). Last season you never ever saw 2 game slates Im pretty 100% certain on that. But now that DFS is here to stay, so many large investors in play, now they are not worried about having a minimum of 3 games and they are going to create as many slates as possible to create as much revenue as possible. What they will end up doing is having both 2 game slates and 2 day slates I bet, Im just wondering at what time today they will release the 2 day slate.

I hope you are correct, that way I’m not sitting here staring at John Henson or Ryan Anderson.

• jecarl2

I guess I’m not surprised either but don’t get it. Last year my volume increased because I played every day when they had the two day slates. I would enter Mon/Tue, Tue/Wed and so on… Now I am not going to play at all. Not a great business decision in IMO, hopefully they see an impact with tonight’s leagues and adjust accordingly

• emoney1214

@CP1 said...

I would play normal volume today on a Mon-Tue game and then tomorrow again on a Tue-Wed game which is around 10k. With 2 games ill play 10 percent of normal volume today, and probably 30 percent of normal volume tomorrow on a 3 game slate. FD will be losing out on 16k of rake-able dollars from me alone.

And to Dan’s point, FD did offer 2 day games last year in playoffs, and you can guarantee that during conference finals when there is one game a night, they will offer them again.

Why not offer both? Hmmmm… PODCAST TOPIC??

Would play about 500ish if they did a mon-tues. Right now I am playing one entry in the shot.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

I posted on this last week….have not seen any site rep come in to explain WHY two-day slates are unavailable yet. Why is this??? These 2 and 3 game slates are going to be ridiculous with overlap, chopped pots, etc.

• Joe1Coal

mon-tue slate would be much more entertaining and I would actually want to play. I don’t see myself playing very much this entire week, even with a 3 game slate, I am not super interested. I would rather wait until Saturday Sunday for the 4 game slates.

• mbeb

looks like there is sufficient interest for this. I just edited the thread title and hopefully FD/DK will take the feedback and start some two day leagues.

• NGJSkillz

Thank you for creating this thread. I will absolutely not play a 2 game slate, no f’n way. DFS sites are becoming ultra greedy imo. I can sorta/kinda see why FD does it, but freaking DK, where you can edit your lineups after first tip-off? This really pisses me off because I had a great deal of fun over the weekend with the 4 game slates.

• NGJSkillz

Hey CP1, I’m pretty sure 2 game slates were “illegal” on FanDuel last year. $eem$ like nowaday$, anything goe$.

• RST1123

NGJ 2 Game slate is the bare minimum for a legal fantasy game to continue. Some sites choose just not to run 2 game slates for a period of time but things change.

• NGJSkillz

@RST1123 said...

NGJ 2 Game slate is the bare minimum for a legal fantasy game to continue. Some sites choose just not to run 2 game slates for a period of time but things change.

Yeah, I understand that.

• 100rings

Like I said last season DFS was still new and it was considered to be illegal if not at least 3 games on the slate. Now with it being more mainstream and the large investors involved, they are not worried now and they are creating as many slates as possible because its like crack and the majority of people will play regardless. Yes its greed but they know what they are doing.

• Makisupa

• x3

2015 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2013 StarStreet NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

CP – may I suggest not playing at all?

I played solid volume Sat/Sun. I will not be playing today. Only way we can potentially get change is by not playing.

Last year FD ran 2-day slates the entire playoffs. That meant they had 8 game slates first round. It was fantastic. DK only ran 2-day once. It was deep in the playoffs and they ate a bunch of overlay. Obviously, DK it makes even more sense to run 2-days. Sadly, I doubt we see 2-days this playoffs.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@dcuncw23 said...

Like I said last season DFS was still new and it was considered to be illegal if not at least 3 games on the slate. Now with it being more mainstream and the large investors involved, they are not worried now and they are creating as many slates as possible because its like crack and the majority of people will play regardless. Yes its greed but they know what they are doing.

It was never “illegal” to run a 2 game slate. Draftkings has always done it. They did it from the beginning. It was a Fanduel policy at the time to only run slates of 3 games or more. But as they saw Draftkings bringing in revenue on those days, they eventually changed their policy.

As you said, unfortunately these 2 game slates will continue to fill, therefore they will continue to run them. As Makisupa said, the only way to get change is if the larger volume players (and others) sit out and they realize that a 2 day slate could produce them as much or greater revenue.

• jlowery73

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

I signed up for a fairly solid $$ amount of leagues both of the last 2 days but won’t even think about touching today. Might not the rest of this week with 3-gamers either. Sadly, the only way to talk might be with our money but it still is sketchy as to why we cannot even get a response from a site rep on this.

• CP1

• x2

THere are Monday/Tuesday games now on FD. Thank YOU!!!

• CP1

• x2

@Makisupa said...

CP – may I suggest not playing at all?

I played solid volume Sat/Sun. I will not be playing today. Only way we can potentially get change is by not playing.

Last year FD ran 2-day slates the entire playoffs. That meant they had 8 game slates first round. It was fantastic. DK only ran 2-day once. It was deep in the playoffs and they ate a bunch of overlay. Obviously, DK it makes even more sense to run 2-days. Sadly, I doubt we see 2-days this playoffs.

To your point, I felt the same way as the day went on. I cancelled every game that I was in for the Monday only earlier.

Either way we have 2 day games now on FD, I am sure DK will follow if they haven’t released them yet

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Very cool. Glad to see we have some options as a player. I think that is all we really wanted.

• jlowery73

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

That sounds great…but I don’t see any 2-day tournies ( I must be blind). All I see is H2H.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).