NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 6 ) at Philadelphia ( -6 ) —- T: 45

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Ndepompei

Chris Thompson my favorite Redskins play

• hautalak

@Ndepompei said...

Chris Thompson my favorite Redskins play

I sure hope so! He’s in my lineup in 10th (too bad it’s a tiny $150 quarter) with Davis at TE. Hope it pays off.

• ASitar

I’m going to be leaving a decent amount of money on my few Showdowns where everyone will be trying to cram in the Wentz’s, Ertz’s, McCoys and Jeffery’s. Thompson will be tricky. I love him tonight, but so will everyone else so fading him in hopes of a dud could pay off. Both D’s are pretty good defending TEs and neither team has been putting up points. I will be using Hopkins in a few LUs because I think McCoy will move the ball ok with some pieces back but will fail to score. Tate is getting targets, it’s just of matter of when they will turn into something. A game-script semi-contrarian way I’m approaching this slate is using Adams who I think will still get the majority of snaps and pairing him with Alshon who will see less ownership than Ertz. On the Redskins side I’ll be using Thompson, McCoy, Doctson and Hopkins. I’ll have Tate and Reed sprinkled in some spots as well. If Wentz, Ertz, Peterson, or Crowder go off so be it. I see Philly winning 26-19.

GL tonight

• ASitar

Ok ok so I’m going to put Ertz in 2/5. He gets so many targets and there won’t be too many guys that put up 25+ DK points and he’s one of them. Gonna have 1 LU with Peterson (fade of Thompson) and Clement (fade of Adams).

Is it just me, but it seems like if you’re not cashing well at halftime it’s hard to catch up. Illl have the same 5/6 players and down by 10-15 points and as the game goes on I don’t gain any traction. I’m guessing it’s just the wrong Captain but it’s frustrating when it seems impossible to come back with virtually the same LU as the guy in the lead.

• Messiah717

@ASitar said...

Ok ok so I’m going to put Ertz in 2/5. He gets so many targets and there won’t be too many guys that put up 25+ DK points and he’s one of them. Gonna have 1 LU with Peterson (fade of Thompson) and Clement (fade of Adams).

Is it just me, but it seems like if you’re not cashing well at halftime it’s hard to catch up. Illl have the same 5/6 players and down by 10-15 points and as the game goes on I don’t gain any traction. I’m guessing it’s just the wrong Captain but it’s frustrating when it seems impossible to come back with virtually the same LU as the guy in the lead.

Not just you at all. Unless something very unexpected happens in second half it’s very tough to catch up. Too many similar lineups. You need a low owned guy catching a long TD pass or something.

• Messiah717

First lineup I made used all 50K. That can’t be good.

• SoreOnSunday

I think we go over the total tonight…games got a 31-20 type feel to me

• Liquidice944

@SoreOnSunday said...

I think we go over the total tonight…games got a 31-20 type feel to me

Agree with you man.

• ASitar

The way this week is going Sproles will score a 30 yard TD on Phillys first drive

• Soma919

@ASitar said...

Its normally like that for me but I ended up cashing last night pretty much on the final two drives thanks to Justin Jackson, Phillip Rivers and Keenan Allen.

• Southie777

Yeah, I’ve been taking a bath on the Showdowns lately, after starting the season pretty well with them. But it really does seem like something big happens early and then there’s just no making up ground easily. Maybe you make up enough to min. cash, but not make any real noise. Last Monday it was the damn Lamar Miller TD, which I did NOT see coming.

• Messiah717

It’s Showdown. Everyone loves Thompson so you know what that means?

• ASitar

It’s that damn Captain spot. If in the second half Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen both get 5 catches, 50 yards and a TD and Allen is your Captain you’re 8 points ahead. It’s just weird to see your players involved in the 2nd half and your markers on the cash line moving to the left. That’s why I feel like if you’re not within 15 points from first place at half you can forget about cashing near the top.

• smokeyca14

50 Flags thrown tonight.

• KindGuy

• KindGuy

• Messiah717

@ContrarianThinker said...

I don’t think we’ll see many deep balls. A lot of screens and dumpoffs.

Why?

• ASitar

What do you think of putting both Peterson and Thompson in the same LU? Philly allowing 157 yards per game on the ground the past 3 games. I think Washington will try to slow this game down and keep opppirtunities for error low for McCoy. Can they each put up 20+ in the same game? I can’t see both of them being high owned in the same LU.

• Messiah717

@ASitar said...

What do you think of putting both Peterson and Thompson in the same LU? Philly allowing 157 yards per game on the ground the past 3 games. I think Washington will try to slow this game down and keep opppirtunities for error low for McCoy. Can they each put up 20+ in the same game? I can’t see both of them being high owned in the same LU.

I’m doing it in a lineup. Peterson might very well rack up the rushing yards and find the endzone and Thompson could be their leading receiver. This Redskin receiving corp is horrid.

• mambaland

so first week i went to bed at halftime in about 3000th place and ended up winning pretty big…after that i thought…“must be easy” put about $300 into each one since and barely a sniff….

• ASitar

Watching ESPN, their talking about each teams Pass Rush Win Rates this season. Pressure by 2.5 seconds Redskins – 58%, Eagles – 61%. NFL rank Redskins – 5th, Eagles – 3rd. I’m going to have Clement in a couple of LUs as well.

• tnthomsen

@Messiah717 said...

I’m doing it in a lineup. Peterson might very well rack up the rushing yards and find the endzone and Thompson could be their leading receiver. This Redskin receiving corp is horrid.

Totally agree. Any word if Reed is playing for sure tonight?

• Messiah717

@ASitar said...

Watching ESPN, their talking about each teams Pass Rush Win Rates this season. Pressure by 2.5 seconds Redskins – 58%, Eagles – 61%. NFL rank Redskins – 5th, Eagles – 3rd. I’m going to have Clement in a couple of LUs as well.

Sproles is expected back tonight.

• ASitar

Looks like they’re easing Sproles back in. All it takes is one dump off to Clement for a 20 yard score to more than pay off his salary and we see a few opportunities per game in the red zone for him. He’s more likely to get 2 points, but can also put up 12 in the blink of an eye.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

What are everyone’s thoughts on Maurice? he’s getting targets.. and if trey is out (which I suspect he will be, since he’s in a boot still)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.