Forecast for 6/19, updated at 6 eastern…
Forecast includes a few spots with potential issues… though will some patience, all of these games can play.
CLE @ BAL – Quick update: clearing coming along as expected. Lowering risk to *YELLOW / ORANGE . As expected in AM forecast, the worst of the storms have already cleared out of BAL. The trouble, as mentioned this morning, is that while the leading edge of the storm has cleared, there’s still more lingering rain on the back of the system that hasn’t cleared through. Models show this light to moderate rain continuing about an hour or so past first pitch. If they are patient, this rain will clear out tonight, and they can play. Of course I’m not in charge of making that call, and I don’t know for certain what management in BAL will decide, but I think a late-start followed by a clean game is the most likely outcome, assuming they are OK waiting a bit to play. *YELLOW / ORANGE late start decently likely. If they DO decide to play, and in-game delay seems very unlikely. Winds SW at 10-15mph, blowing out to center.
SF @ ATL – ORANGE / YELLOW with a new storm blowing up and drifting towards ATL.
SD @ CHC – One batch of storms clearing out, another moving that direction. I expect this second batch to be decently fast moving, but a late start or in-game delay is not out of the question. YELLOW / ORANGE for delay chance, with very low PPD risk.
TOR @ TEX – Rain cleared well south. GREEN . Muggy.
Help me out by throwing a RT my way on Twitter, @KevinRothWx.