MLB FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

Forecast for 6/19, updated at 6 eastern…

Forecast includes a few spots with potential issues… though will some patience, all of these games can play.

CLE @ BALQuick update: clearing coming along as expected. Lowering risk to *YELLOW / ORANGE . As expected in AM forecast, the worst of the storms have already cleared out of BAL. The trouble, as mentioned this morning, is that while the leading edge of the storm has cleared, there’s still more lingering rain on the back of the system that hasn’t cleared through. Models show this light to moderate rain continuing about an hour or so past first pitch. If they are patient, this rain will clear out tonight, and they can play. Of course I’m not in charge of making that call, and I don’t know for certain what management in BAL will decide, but I think a late-start followed by a clean game is the most likely outcome, assuming they are OK waiting a bit to play. *YELLOW / ORANGE late start decently likely. If they DO decide to play, and in-game delay seems very unlikely. Winds SW at 10-15mph, blowing out to center.

SF @ ATLORANGE / YELLOW with a new storm blowing up and drifting towards ATL.

SD @ CHC – One batch of storms clearing out, another moving that direction. I expect this second batch to be decently fast moving, but a late start or in-game delay is not out of the question. YELLOW / ORANGE for delay chance, with very low PPD risk.

TOR @ TEX – Rain cleared well south. GREEN . Muggy.

Help me out by throwing a RT my way on Twitter, @KevinRothWx.

Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• scott30346

Chance of delay % in Atlanta?

• cleanslate

Hey Kevin, Rotogrinders never lists the weather/dewpoints for games that are played in retractable roof stadiums such as Miami, Seattle, and Milwaukee. Could you correct this? Weather does matter in these stadiums as the roofs are often open, so knowing the temperature/dewpoints is still helpful for figuring out if the conditions are more favorable for hitters or pitchers.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).