NASCAR FORUM

• BDholla89

• x2

2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Viva Las Vegas! Let the discussion begin.

Weekend Schedule:

Qualifying: Friday 4:45 PM
    2nd Practice: Saturday 8:30 AM
    Final Practice: Saturday 11:30 AM
    Race: Sunday 3:30 PM

(EST Times)

• DefinitelyMiami

Not going to do any research, just going to copy Stevies or Giffens lineup. It works for others, why not me?

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Not going to do any research, just going to copy Stevies or Giffens lineup. It works for others, why not me?

I wish it worked for me last week!

First race in forever I won’t be following live, heading on vacation this weekend.

• DefinitelyMiami

Cool have fun.
    Had Larson and it was a frustrating day

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

I had a lot of Larson as well

• bluetieguy

Pay attention to Thursday. Two long open practices/test sessions

• intimadator2007

With the pricing of drivers this week you won’t need a punt..After futher review…..Well maybe 1 .

• giffenbone

• x2

2015 NASCAR Live Finalist

I had a ton of Larson in GPP and in 2 of my 3 cash lineups. Should have stuck to playing only my top preferred cash lineup last weekend (which didn’t have Larson), but gosh I found it so hard to be comfortable with anything last week that I wanted to create 3 lineups and hope two hit.

As bluetieguy mentioned, pay attention to the open test sessions on Thursday. Final practice will still be the most important though.

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Pricing is really soft this week

• ljason8eg

What the heck is DK doing pricing Vickers so low?

• depalma13

Put all of the drivers names into a hat. Select six. If the you are over the cap, remove the most expensive driver and select again. When your team is under the cap, enter it.

#NASCARisBingo

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@depalma13 said...

Put all of the drivers names into a hat. Select six. If the you are over the cap, remove the most expensive driver and select again. When your team is under the cap, enter it.

#NASCARisBingo

I wonder why the same people do well every week. NASCAR is predictive, and I think we’ve proven that in the 15-20 weeks worth of contest.

A little research and paying attention to qualifying/practice, goes a long way.

• heartman

If an amateur and an expert play 50 head to head Nascar contests each week for 36 races the expert will come out way head. Over a big enough sample size the luck will tend to even out and the more skillfull player will dominate.

• heartman

The head to head contest is a level playing field and skill will win out. In the GPP contest the big bankroll player putting in 200 lineups has a major advantage over those putting in a lot less lineups.

• DefinitelyMiami

@heartman said...

The head to head contest is a level playing field and skill will win out. In the GPP contest the big bankroll player putting in 200 lineups has a major advantage over those putting in a lot less lineups.

Since you nailed that can you tell me what DK was thinking putting up 2 identical Slingshot tournaments for this race? Wouldnt it make sense to make 1 Slingshot…Cap it as something like 50K entries and then if it fills run something like a “GWC” contest after qualifying

• heartman

I have no clue Miami. I would like to see DK offer a bunch of single entry GPP’s. The 3 entry max contests are nice and would love to see more of those also. Level playing field.

• Cityworkout

@heartman said...

If an amateur and an expert play 50 head to head Nascar contests each week for 36 races the expert will come out way head. Over a big enough sample size the luck will tend to even out and the more skillfull player will dominate.

I agree, first time I played Nascar following Stevie and did well in cash games. I did watch the RG videos and looked through the key articles to form my teams.

• tooleman56

Kyle Busch, from Stevie’s video: “It’s better to pick me most weeks than it ain’t.”

• Sankeyleg45

Who is Steve and Giffen

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@tooleman56 said...

Kyle Busch, from Stevie’s video: “It’s better to pick me most weeks than it ain’t.”

Me and Kyle had a nice laugh about that off camera. He does enjoy fantasy sports.

• BDholla89

• x2

@stevietpfl said...

Me and Kyle had a nice laugh about that off camera. He does enjoy fantasy sports.

I am pretty sure the Dillon brothers enjoy fantasy too? Maybe even Hamlin?

• Stangs13

I know JR is a big fantasy player. He was on an ESPN podcast talking about how a lot of the guys play.

• intimadator2007

6 of the top 10 qualifying spots are the big dogs , making place differential for those guys almost worthless, just gotta get the one who leads all day and stays out of trouble , good luck with that..lol.. Should be a fun race to watch ,the cars are flying and the track is not as wide as Atlanta so there is not much room to race and we will see a FEW wrecks this week. Don’t overlook Da Biff .

• BDholla89

• x2

What is going on with Bowyer? He is starting 35th of 39 and has shown no speed in 1st practice or even the two test sessions. He actually hasn’t shown speed all year..

• intimadator2007

@BDholla89 said...

What is going on with Bowyer? He is starting 35th of 39 and has shown no speed in 1st practice or even the two test sessions. He actually hasn’t shown speed all year..

HScott Motorsports I believe is Clints problems. Yes the team gets Hendrick equipment however I have always believed that a race team that gets there equipment from another team is getting second hand pieces. Some will say hey that’s the same stuff we run but can you really believe that. Mr. Hendrick is an honest man and I do believe he wants the best for every team that he sells parts and pieces to. Take a look at the teams that run one off races like RCR they may throw Ty in car or even last year Brian Scott, pretty much every race they do this at it’s for experiment parts to get a test race in for another track like it they will run later in the year,and those guys rarely finished a race. This is what could be happening to Bowyer this year already, plus add in the fact that it’s a throw away year for Clint cause next year he gets the 14 car.

• bluetieguy

@BDholla89 said...

Single car team, no manufacturer support, new rules package with no offseason testing. The difference between a team like HScott and Furniture Row is the manufacturer money. Toyota sinks a ton of money into all teams, Chevy sinks a ton of money into certain teams. Toyota shares data from all their teams, Chevy is not set up that way.

The equipment they are getting from Hendrick is fine, but the amount of data they have in comparison is minimal.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).