NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• gje627

Darlington Raceway – “The Lady in Black” or “The Track Too Tough to Tame”

Schedule — all times are Eastern Time (ET)

— Practice 1: Friday, 2:05 PM (NBCSN)
    — Practice 2: Friday, 4:05 PM (NBCSN)
    — Qualifying: Saturday, 2:00 PM (NBCSN)
    — Race: Bojangles’ Southern 500, Sunday, 6:00 PM (NBCSN)

Race Details

— 40 Drivers Entered; 367 Laps, 501.3 Miles
    — Stage 1: Lap 1 – 100; Stage 2: Lap 101 – 200; Stage 3: Lap 201 – 367
    — Expected Fuel Window – 64-70 Laps (drivers unlikely to run 64-70 consecutive laps as tires will be needed much earlier).

Note: Fuel Cell capacity is an estimate as of 8/27/2018.

Fantasy Relevant Track Details/Rankings 2005 to 2018

— 1.366 mile oval; 25-degree banking turns 1 and 2 (width 79 ft.); 23-degree banking turns 3 and 4 (width 62 ft.); 3-degree banking Frontstretch (1,229 ft long, width 90 ft.); 2-degree banking Backstretch (1,229 ft long, width 90 ft.); last track repave 2008 (10 NASCAR Cup races since repave)
    — Winner Average Margin of Victory: 1.348 seconds; Low – 0.196 seconds (2011); High – 3.155 seconds (2008)
    — Rank Most Green Flag Passes: 21 of 23 Tracks (6.13 Green Flag Passes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Quality Passes (Top 15 Passes): 19 of 23 Tracks (2.05 Quality Passes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Lead Changes: 16 of 23 Tracks (2.86 Lead Changes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Cautions: 16 of 23 Tracks (1.35 Cautions per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Highest % Drivers Finishing on Lead Lap: 17 of 23 Tracks (44.48% per Drivers/Race)
    — Rank Highest % DNF Drivers – Mechanical: 2 of 23 Tracks (10.13% per Drivers/Race)
    — Rank Highest % DNF Drivers – Crash: 14 of 23 Tracks (5.79% per Drivers/Race)
    — Rank Highest % DNF Drivers – Overall: 7 of 23 Tracks (15.91% per Drivers/Race)

Note: Data and Rankings are Cup series only. Green Flag Passes, Quality Passes, Lead Changes, and Cautions standardized to 100 miles per driver to account for differences in miles per race and number of drivers in field. Lead Lap and all DNF categories standardized to drivers per race. All statistics updated through most recent race (Bristol Motor Speedway, 8/18/2018).

Comparable Tracks (alphabetical order)

Bristol Motor Speedway, Dover International Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Last Six (6) Race Winners

— 5/12/2012: Jimmie Johnson
    — 5/11/2013: Matt Kenseth
    — 4/12/2014: Kevin Harvick
    — 9/6/2015: Carl Edwards
    — 9/4/2016: Martin Truex, Jr.
    — 9/3/2017: Denny Hamlin

Last Six (6) DK and FD Fantasy Points Leaders

5/12/2012: Jimmie Johnson (108.00 DK FPts) – Jimmie Johnson (93.7 FD FPts)
    5/11/2013: Kyle Busch (128.75 DK FPts) – Kyle Busch (96.7 FD FPts)
    4/12/2014: Kevin Harvick (144.00 DK FPts) – Kevin Harvick (104.2 FD FPts)
    9/6/2015: Brad Keselowski (110.50 DK FPts) – Brad Keselowski (95.8 FD FPts)
    9/4/2016: Kevin Harvick (118.50 DK FPts) – Kevin Harvick (97.6 FD FPts)
    9/3/2017: Denny Hamlin (108.50 DK FPts) – Denny Hamlin (96.1 FD FPts)

Race Data, News, and Information

Rotogrinders NASCAR Free tools
    ESPN Jayski
    Motor Racing Network
    Racing Reference

Race Day Breaking News and Weather

Stephen Young – stevietpfl
    Bob Pockrass
    NASCAR Weather

Note: As needed information above will be updated.

• gje627

@mambaland said...

so on FD they are scored from their original spot so not sure why you would still use them if in fact moved to the back? can you clarify? thanks

I think I mentioned a couple times above, I only play DK and not FD, but I would agree fading completely on FD wouldn’t be a bad idea .

On DK….

Jimmie Johnson actual start 38, scored from 20, predicted finish 12 (place differential, finishing position). Jamie McMurray actual start 39, scored from 30, predicted finish 19 (place differential). Jeffery Earnhardt actual start 40, scored from 40, predicted finish 36 (value punt, small place differential, can’t get negative points).

Thus, even with the penalties I think these drivers can more than make up the positions they lost to start the race.

While passing is extraordinarily difficult here, it’s also a very long race so there will be plenty of time to move up. Given the lack of quality of the cars in the back, Johnson and McMurray should be able to move into the 20s within a few laps.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

With today’s race, I’d say it would be ok with playing a little tag with Satan on your rosters, given that it is Darlinton and it’s going to be a wreck-fest. I would put Jimmy Johnson and Jaimie McMurry on . Yes, they are starting from the rear, due to some pre-race drama, but both do well at the track and getting back up to the front shouldn’t be an issue especially if the mid pack drivers wreck. Then you have the issue of Goodyear screwing around with the tires too. The rookies might have issues with this, but the seasoned drivers should have no problem with it-they’ve been through it before. They know how to handle cars when something new comes along like that. The only time technology really bothered the old-timers was when they switched from Gen-3 to Gen-4, but that was because the WHOLE CAR, not just the tires were changed. Even Jeff Gordon couldn’t handle it and had a bad year because of it. Pleanty of opportunity for them to gain track position. This is why I keep two or three lineups with drivers on it that are good at the track, but have a shitty starting position. Helped me out a lot. Daytona is another track you can get away with that. Road courses and short tracks, not so much.

• eleanorRigby

Awesome info here. Thank you. I have a feeling in me bones that today is the day. Ha riiight. I do love NASCAR dfs though.

• KingzLanding813

So much valuable information here..I appreciate all that contributed.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

I like the Hamlin and Truex build the most so far when pairing doms…….

• mambaland

@gje627 said...

Thus, even with the penalties I think these drivers can more than make up the positions they lost to start the race.

ok that is what i wanted to clarify if you thought they could make up the penalty diff…thanks

• crazylox2001

First time playing on fd instead of dk today, any insight from playing on two different sites? Different strategy ?

• grahambo

Thank you gje627 for the data! And to Cooper08 for the insight!

• mambaland

if the pro DFS guys are so good why do they have to mass entry a gpp to cash or win?

• gje627

@grahambo said...

Thank you gje627 for the data! And to Cooper08 for the insight!

No problem. Hopefully you found it helpful but more importantly, hopefully you win some big $$ today !!!

Good Luck !!!

• gje627

Always love Darlington.

Lineup construction is challenging but fascinating.

Especially with a full field of 40 drivers.

• crazylox2001

ON fd Hamlin stenhouse or johnson amirola

• someclevername

Hard to get away from McMurray but man he burns me almost every time I’m on him. Just one of those guys for me – hopefully not today…but you’ve been warned lol

• mambaland

is earnhardt a wasted pick

• jt77316

Yeah it’s so tough. Any time you have to consider McMurray, Stenhouse, or God forbid Jeffery Earnhardt, it’s a hard pill to swallow. I think when this race is over, I will be telling myself “I told you so.”

• someclevername

@jt77316 said...

Yeah it’s so tough. Any time you have to consider McMurray, Stenhouse, or God forbid Jeffery Earnhardt, it’s a hard pill to swallow. I think when this race is over, I will be telling myself “I told you so.”

lol

• krighton

@mambaland said...

is earnhardt a wasted pick

no

• homers1226

@krighton said...

no

wont he be lapped about 6 times

i guess 0 is better then negative

gl all

• ljason8eg

@homers1226 said...

wont he be lapped about 6 times

i guess 0 is better then negative

gl all

Perhaps, but the 96 team should run better than at least the 23, 99, 66, and 52. 72 blows up every other race it seems. Might be better than the 51 too.

So there’s 6 very realistic spots to gain with no other attrition. Of course it’s Jeffrey Earnhardt so he might just put it in the fence again lol

• Trappist1

@mambaland said...

if the pro DFS guys are so good why do they have to mass entry a gpp to cash or win?

The ‘pros’ do mass entry in order to lower their variance and get their quicker. Their bankroll allows them to do that. If one takes a long term view with a discipline and patience, no need to mass enter to win a GPP or place high in the money. For example tonight I am entering one well constructed and slightly contrarian line-up in Nascar, if it does well I am fine and If not I move on. Mass entry is not my style and do not bother me one iota if others use it as strategy. There is a variety of ways to cook the chicken.

• homers1226

good luck all except for

gje ,,lol ,
    he doesnt need it

gl

• gje627

Kind of excited.

More so than any other week this year, I’m either way under or way over the field with my drivers…. No real in-between.

Will be fun to see how the race plays out.

Best of Luck Everyone !!!

• gje627

A little (lot) surprised by Hamlin’s ownership. Harvick’s too….

At least in the Piston.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Harvick 48%? Larson 15%? Rooting pretty hard for Larson and Truex tonight….went under on Harvick as I never thought he would be close to 48% and faded Ky Busch…also thought I would be overweight on A Dillon but that didn’t pan out, now flat.

• homers1226

truex 1st one into wall tonight lol

bet 1 dollar

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).