NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• gje627

Darlington Raceway – “The Lady in Black” or “The Track Too Tough to Tame”

Schedule — all times are Eastern Time (ET)

— Practice 1: Friday, 2:05 PM (NBCSN)
    — Practice 2: Friday, 4:05 PM (NBCSN)
    — Qualifying: Saturday, 2:00 PM (NBCSN)
    — Race: Bojangles’ Southern 500, Sunday, 6:00 PM (NBCSN)

Race Details

— 40 Drivers Entered; 367 Laps, 501.3 Miles
    — Stage 1: Lap 1 – 100; Stage 2: Lap 101 – 200; Stage 3: Lap 201 – 367
    — Expected Fuel Window – 64-70 Laps (drivers unlikely to run 64-70 consecutive laps as tires will be needed much earlier).

Note: Fuel Cell capacity is an estimate as of 8/27/2018.

Fantasy Relevant Track Details/Rankings 2005 to 2018

— 1.366 mile oval; 25-degree banking turns 1 and 2 (width 79 ft.); 23-degree banking turns 3 and 4 (width 62 ft.); 3-degree banking Frontstretch (1,229 ft long, width 90 ft.); 2-degree banking Backstretch (1,229 ft long, width 90 ft.); last track repave 2008 (10 NASCAR Cup races since repave)
    — Winner Average Margin of Victory: 1.348 seconds; Low – 0.196 seconds (2011); High – 3.155 seconds (2008)
    — Rank Most Green Flag Passes: 21 of 23 Tracks (6.13 Green Flag Passes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Quality Passes (Top 15 Passes): 19 of 23 Tracks (2.05 Quality Passes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Lead Changes: 16 of 23 Tracks (2.86 Lead Changes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Cautions: 16 of 23 Tracks (1.35 Cautions per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Highest % Drivers Finishing on Lead Lap: 17 of 23 Tracks (44.48% per Drivers/Race)
    — Rank Highest % DNF Drivers – Mechanical: 2 of 23 Tracks (10.13% per Drivers/Race)
    — Rank Highest % DNF Drivers – Crash: 14 of 23 Tracks (5.79% per Drivers/Race)
    — Rank Highest % DNF Drivers – Overall: 7 of 23 Tracks (15.91% per Drivers/Race)

Note: Data and Rankings are Cup series only. Green Flag Passes, Quality Passes, Lead Changes, and Cautions standardized to 100 miles per driver to account for differences in miles per race and number of drivers in field. Lead Lap and all DNF categories standardized to drivers per race. All statistics updated through most recent race (Bristol Motor Speedway, 8/18/2018).

Comparable Tracks (alphabetical order)

Bristol Motor Speedway, Dover International Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Last Six (6) Race Winners

— 5/12/2012: Jimmie Johnson
    — 5/11/2013: Matt Kenseth
    — 4/12/2014: Kevin Harvick
    — 9/6/2015: Carl Edwards
    — 9/4/2016: Martin Truex, Jr.
    — 9/3/2017: Denny Hamlin

Last Six (6) DK and FD Fantasy Points Leaders

5/12/2012: Jimmie Johnson (108.00 DK FPts) – Jimmie Johnson (93.7 FD FPts)
    5/11/2013: Kyle Busch (128.75 DK FPts) – Kyle Busch (96.7 FD FPts)
    4/12/2014: Kevin Harvick (144.00 DK FPts) – Kevin Harvick (104.2 FD FPts)
    9/6/2015: Brad Keselowski (110.50 DK FPts) – Brad Keselowski (95.8 FD FPts)
    9/4/2016: Kevin Harvick (118.50 DK FPts) – Kevin Harvick (97.6 FD FPts)
    9/3/2017: Denny Hamlin (108.50 DK FPts) – Denny Hamlin (96.1 FD FPts)

Race Data, News, and Information

Rotogrinders NASCAR Free tools
    ESPN Jayski
    Motor Racing Network
    Racing Reference

Race Day Breaking News and Weather

Stephen Young – stevietpfl
    Bob Pockrass
    NASCAR Weather

Note: As needed information above will be updated.

• gje627

I’m at 1% Hamlin, with a single token lineup in a couple of contests.

Yes, he was good in practice/qualifying…..

But he’s demonstrated zero ability to hold a lead and be consistent out front all year.

Given that he’s got so much downside… ceiling of 0 place differential points, plus his inability to lead consistently, plus his well-known problems on pit-road on the toughest pit road in NASCAR (yes, he does have a great pit stall, and that it is important here) I’m not really sure he warrants almost 50% ownership in any contest, at least not any on DK.

FWIW, I’m also seriously overweight on Larson.

• homers1226

geez nascar

drag out the start another 1/2 hour

geez

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@homers1226 said...

geez nascar

drag out the start another 1/2 hour

geez

Lightning again… clearing stands

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@gje627 said...

I’m at 1% Hamlin, with a single token lineup in a couple of contests.

Yes, he was good in practice/qualifying…..

But he’s demonstrated zero ability to hold a lead and be consistent out front all year.

Given that he’s got so much downside… ceiling of 0 place differential points, plus his inability to lead consistently, plus his well-known problems on pit-road on the toughest pit road in NASCAR (yes, he does have a great pit stall, and that it is important here) I’m not really sure he warrants almost 50% ownership in any contest, at least not any on DK.

FWIW, I’m also seriously overweight on Larson.

I have my fair share of Hamlin but your reasoning to fade is legit. I feel his car is set up for night, cooler temps and this delay helps him…I am with you on Larson, my most overweight driver minus Jamie Mac and then Truex.

• homers1226

watch out for bowyer

• gje627

@Cooper08 said...

I have my fair share of Hamlin but your reasoning to fade is legit. I feel his car is set up for night, cooler temps and this delay helps him…I am with you on Larson, my most overweight driver minus Jamie Mac and then Truex.

Yeah, it will be fun to see what happens.

Just wonder how many laps Hamlin can lead, even at the beginning, with three of best green flag/quality passers in the business (Larson, Truex, Jr. and Kyle Busch) right on his ass to start.

• homers1226

z 28 pace car cool

use to eat them alive with my 79 dodge lil red express truck when i was 17 lol

• depalma13

Newman tonight

• eleanorRigby

Pga and MLB lineups =toast. Come on NASCAR. Bail me out of a lousy weekend. Good luck grinders.

• gje627

Well, that didn’t take long…..

Looked like Larson already passed Hamlin. :)

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Well, that didn’t take long…..

Looked like Larson already passed Hamlin. :)

whoopsies I’m on ham n’ eggs lol didn’t think he’d lose the lead THAT quick

• hcassidy

Casill wreck or blown engine? not watching. he is my weak link

• EhhTimmay

This race is already terrible.

14 lead lap cars. Yeah I’ll continue to watch this snoozefest.

• gje627

Jones, uncontrolled tire…..

To the rear of lead lap on restart.

• someclevername

Just waiting for Harvick to lead more laps from 22nd than Hamlin did from the pole. I am not good at this lol.

• Peader24

Why did I buy into Hamlin.

• someclevername

Denny to 10th lol please stop falling

• homers1226

@homers1226 said...

truex 1st one into wall tonight lol

bet 1 dollar

i owe u all a dollar

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Big part of race right now…if Truex can lead some laps, 40-50+ that will hurt Harvick chances of being in top lineups.

• eleanorRigby

Liking my single bullet Truex, Harvick and Larson lineup. I need all those bonus points to make up for my scrubs at the back.

• eleanorRigby

Darn it Truex

• homers1226

cool finish

like horse racing

• someclevername

Blaney & Hamlin killin’ me – and it was so predictable! lol Oh well – least Jeff Earnhardt hasn’t ran into the wall…yet

• tristanwolf

jj trap again. i only had about 2/10 but man he is basically unplayable.

• BigBairyHalls

My interest in nascar is dying just like the sport. Was a huge fan for years. The 21st car is 3 laps down. Really?? I’d rather hang out with my wife that watch this nap inducing race

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler