NASCAR FORUM

• gje627

Dover International Speedway – “The Monster Mile”

Schedule — all times are Eastern Time (ET)

— Practice 1: Friday, 10:30 AM (FS1)
    — Qualifying: Friday, 3:00 PM (FS1)
    — Practice 2: Saturday, 9:30 AM 8:30 AM (FS1)
    — Practice 3: (Happy Hour): Saturday, 12:00 PM 11:00 AM (FS1)
    Race: AAA Drive for Autism 400 Sunday, 2:00 PM (FS1)

Note: Change in Saturday schedule due to rain in the forecast.

Race Details

— 400 Laps, 400 Miles
    — Stage 1: Lap 1 – 120
    — Stage 2: Lap 121 – 240
    — Stage 3: Lap 241 – 400

Dover International Speedway – Track Details and Rankings 2005 to 2018

— 1 Mile Steep-banked, Short Oval (24 degree banking in turns)
    — Rank Most Green Flag Passes: 23rd of 23 Tracks (9.84 Green Flag Passes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Quality Passes (Top 15 Passes): 22nd of 23 Tracks (3.62 Quality Passes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Lead Changes: 18th of 23 Tracks (4.60 Lead Changes per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Most Cautions: 11th of 23 Tracks (2.18 Cautions per 100 Miles)
    — Rank Highest % Drivers Finishing on Lead Lap: 23rd of 23 Tracks (32.13%)

Dover International Speedway – Comparable Tracks

— Bristol Motor Speedway
    — Darlington Raceway
    — Homestead-Miami Speedway
    — Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Last Six (6) Winners

— 5/31/2015: Jimmie Johnson
    — 10/4/2015: Kevin Harvick
    — 5/15/2016: Matt Kenseth
    — 10/2/2016: Martin Truex, Jr.
    — 6/4/2017: Jimmie Johnson
    — 10/1/2017: Kyle Busch

Last Six (6) DK and FD Fantasy Points Leaders

— 5/31/2015: Kevin Harvick (100.25 DK FPts) – Jimmie Johnson (92.30 FD FPts)
    — 10/4/2015: Kevin Harvick (216.25 DK FPts) – Kevin Harvick (125.50 FD FPts
    — 5/15/2016: Kyle Larson (102.75 DK FPts) – Kyle Larson (99.00 FD FPts)
    — 10/2/2016: Martin Truex, Jr. (134.75 DK FPts) – Martin Truex, Jr. (102.20 FD FPts)
    — 6/4/2017: Kyle Larson (144.25 DK FPts) – Kyle Larson (106.20 FD FPts)
    — 10/1/2017: Chase Elliott (110.00 DK FPts) – Chase Elliott (98.80 FD FPts)

Race Data, News, and Information

Rotogrinders NASCAR Free tools
    ESPN Jayski
    Motor Racing Network
    Racing Reference
    Fantasy Racing Cheatsheet

Race Day Breaking News and Weather

Stephen Young – stevietpfl
    Bob Pockrass
    Jessica Ruffin
    The NASCAR Weatherman
    NASCAR Weather

Note: Under Track Details and Rankings, I standardized all rankings to 100 miles since miles per race is different among tracks. Since FanDuel is “new”, I calculated fantasy points for these races. Information above is Cup series only and therefore does not include information for the Xfinity series. Finally, as needed information above will be updated.

• gje627

@gje627 said...

IMPORTANT !!!

Kyle Larson fails inspection 3 times.

Starts from the rear !!!

DROP LARSON !!!

THIS IS NOT A TEST !!!

• gje627

ALEX BOWMAN FAILS INSPECTION 3 TIMES TOO.

Check your lineups.

• Element828

@jason88cubs said...

Wait….so Larson is starting from the back but will still be scored as starting on the pole on draft kings correct? Yea I’m dropping him quickly

Yes he will be scored from the pole. he will get back to the front but this helps the drivers starting up front a whole lot.

• mambaland

How about FD scoring!

• mambaland

So bowman and Larson get out? Both fd and dk ?

• jstevens2k11

Damnit…..had a full Larson fade today (before the news)

• elmore0631

Elliott or Logano?

• tristanwolf

ok im all off larson but is bowman still viable? shouldnt take him that long to get back, no?

• mambaland

@Element828 said...

Yes he will be scored from the pole. he will get back to the front but this helps the drivers starting up front a whole lot.

Why does it help other drivers? Other than gaining. 1 spot? Sorry if dumb ?? And please confirm scoring on FD will have same impact as DK

• tristanwolf

@mambaland said...

Why does it help other drivers? Other than gaining. 1 spot? Sorry if dumb ??

harvick or truex will start getting dominator points right away now.

edit- on DK sorry i dont play FD someone else will have to help with that

• jwayne1976

@mambaland said...

Why does it help other drivers? Other than gaining. 1 spot? Sorry if dumb ??

One less potential dominator to worry about.

• mambaland

Thanks… what percent is too much Harvick and truex now. Quick player replace put me over 75pct total on both

• gje627

Harvick will start on the outside lane, even though he is moving to the “pole.”

Truex Jr will start on the inside lane.

Possibly, early advantage Truex Jr.

We’ll see….

EDIT: Technically, Harvick not moving to the pole, but he will start first…. Just thought I would clarify…. :)

• WVUDoss

Yeah I think it’s too much to overcome to keep Larson.

And this track is a lot like the plate tracks in wreck avoidance regard, since there’s no infield for crashes to wash into, and there have been maaaaaaaaany track-blocking wrecks that catch people up in the back 2/3 of the field.

• eleanorRigby

@tristanwolf said...

ok im all off larson but is bowman still viable? shouldnt take him that long to get back, no?

I’m all over Bowman. This news lowered his ownership and he fits perfectly in my gpp. Oh boy.

• elmore0631

@gje627 said...

Harvick will start on the outside lane, even though he is moving to the “pole.”

Truex Jr will start on the inside lane.

Possibly, early advantage Truex Jr.

We’ll see….

EDIT: Technically, Harvick not moving to the pole, but he will start first…. Just thought I would clarify…. :)

In the race yesterday didn’t the outside lane have the advantage?

• gje627

@elmore0631 said...

In the race yesterday didn’t the outside lane have the advantage?

All depends….

Generally on starts the lower lane is preferred, at least until later in the race when rubber builds on the higher lane.

HOWEVER, today the track is still rubbered-up (a little) from yesterday…. Not unusual for concrete.

Personally, I think here it’s a toss-up….

Should be a good start !!!

• RiskyBiscuits

Wouldnt you want Larson on FD if his starting position is scored from the back and not the pole? Im new to thinking about NASCAR beyond left turns, so please dont judge me if that is a stupid question.

• mambaland

Can anyone confirm that same scoring applies to FD. You do gain and lose points for. Moving up or down I think

• gje627

I checked….

Interestingly, last Spring Kyle Busch was on the pole and chose the lower lane and he took the immediate lead. In the Fall race, Martin Truex Jr started on the pole and he chose the upper lane and he took the lead right away…

Should be “Even-Steven” !!!

• depalma13

@RiskyBiscuits said...

Wouldnt you want Larson on FD if his starting position is scored from the back and not the pole? Im new to thinking about NASCAR beyond left turns, so please dont judge me if that is a stupid question.

He’s scored from the pole.

• Element828

Larson moving to the back helps Harvick or truex a ton as the one who gets out front first should dominate the whole first stage. Im hoping harvick as i chose him over truex lol

• gje627

Kyle Larson 24% owned in the DK Piston (big contest)….

• RiskyBiscuits

@depalma13 said...

He’s scored from the pole.

Thanks boss.

• depalma13

@gje627 said...

Kyle Larson 24% owned in the DK Piston (big contest)….

That’s about what he should be after moving to the back.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).