Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sun, March 11th
    3:30 PM ET

MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES AT PHOENIX
    Phoenix International Raceway

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – Nascar strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• themikestrick

Harvick will be $12,000 next week

• nyynksfn4vr

All 4 Stewart Hass cars finished in the Top 10. Should have packaged them :(

• rush1228

@gje627 said...

Another brilliant Darrell Waltrip comment: “I love watching lap times, because that’s really a good judge of who has a good car and who doesn’t….”

Ah, yeah… thanks for the thoughtful insight !!

congrats nice day for you.

• KingzLanding813

Man…

All hail Harvick!!

• gje627

@rush1228 said...

congrats nice day for you.

THANK YOU. So close.

But still….

After entry fees, a cool $24,938.63; thanks to 3rd, 9th, and 26th in the BEAST….

Congratulations to everyone else who won too !!

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@gje627 said...

THANK YOU. So close.

But still….

After entry fees, a cool $24,938.63; thanks to 3rd, 9th, and 26th in the BEAST….

Great job!

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Cooper08 said...

Full fade of Harvick, Truex, and Stenhouse.. I win lots of money or none. Overweight on Larson, Elliott and Ky Busch.

Just some thoughts..in 352 out with 471…
    Fading the three above didn’t hurt, will be interesting to see the points breakdown by driver. If Harvick continues to be priced high and chalky as he was today it will pay to fade eventually depending on his starting position. One bad break for him and it will be a good pay day if you fade him.
    Chase was disappointing even with third place finish, thought he would be better and lead laps.

• someclevername

Managed to cash w/o Kyle Busch and a stinker from Buescher – I’ll take it considering I thought I was way dead earlier. Can’t believe Chase didn’t lead one damn lap lol

• gje627

@Cooper08 said...

Great job!

Thanks Man…. Coming from a fellow student of the game, that means a lot to me…. Seriously :)

• depalma13

I lost $49. My first NASCAR DFS losing week of the year.

I did win a few thousand on the horses yesterday, so all in all it was a pretty good weekend.

• depalma13

@gje627 said...

THANK YOU. So close.

But still….

Very Nice!

• gje627

@depalma13 said...

Very Nice!

Thank you…. Sorry you had a rough week…. I had a great Daytona week and today, but everything went wrong for me last week.

I have a feeling next week’s your big payday !!!

• TwineTickler

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@gje627 said...

Great job!!! Congrats on the BIG hit!!

• gje627

@TwineTickler said...

Great job!!! Congrats on the BIG hit!!

Thank you….

And thank KARMA….

Even when I have a bad week, I always try to reach out to the winners and those who did well with my props (see previous week’s posts)…..

Next week it will be somebody else. After all it’s NASCAR !!!

See you at the top of the leader board ??? :)

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@gje627 said...

Thanks Man…. Coming from a fellow student of the game, that means a lot to me…. Seriously :)

Thanks, appreciate. When you get a minute can you post the point breakdown by driver. Thanks

• gje627

@Cooper08 said...

Thanks, appreciate. When you get a minute can you post the point breakdown by driver. Thanks

Yes, I am waiting for all the data to come in. Hopefully, I can post tonight.

You’ve probably noticed, but I post the final point breakdown for each week’s race as soon as the data is available.

Thus, for those interested, simply go to the appropriate Rotogrinders NASCAR forum for complete fantasy results for all the races this year.

@Cooper08: If you PM with a specific data request not included in the fantasy point breakdown, just PM me and I will send to you directly.

• lendahand21

played harvick elliot and brad didn’t cash. Trash dfs sport so many ways your cars can be out of it and then some random 5% guy is always in the winner

Nascar is for 150 lineup guys

• bittersweetmint

@gje627 said...

After entry fees, a cool $24,938.63; thanks to 3rd, 9th, and 26th in the BEAST

Congrats gje627! Your free sharing of information is helpful to all of us, happy to see you bring down a big pay day.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Congrats Gje627, it’s great to see someone so helpful to others crush it. Saw your name at the top, so close to 1st, but still an amazing day.

• gje627

@bittersweetmint said...

Congrats gje627! Your free sharing of information is helpful to all of us, happy to see you bring down a big pay day.

Thank you !!!

Glad you find my posts helpful/useful !!

I’ve posted less recently, because I wasn’t sure how many people read AND I’m moving….

I also don’t like to overwhelm everyone else’s posts with my long ones :)

Auto Club is next week. I’ll try to put more information out this week. I like to post early in the week and then just a little as the race gets close…. Again, not to overwhelm the posts by others.

• gje627

@bhdevault said...

Congrats Gje627, it’s great to see someone so helpful to others crush it. Saw your name at the top, so close to 1st, but still an amazing day.

Thank you, very much….

TRUST THE PROCESS, as I shared with you recently :)

I SUCK at the “art” of DFS, I cheat and use Discrete Mathematics (set theory, probability theory, combinatorics, chaos mathematics, etc.) and computer programming.

For my nuts-and-bolts, I look forward to the blog by Cooper08 each week and I seriously rely on the amazing race breakdowns of stevietfpl … though NOT so much that I plan to share any of my winnings with him !!! :)

Seriously guys $5.00 a week?

DISCLAIMER: I am not a paid endorser :)

• tristanwolf

@gje627 said...

Thank you !!!

Glad you find my posts helpful/useful !!

I’ve posted less recently, because I wasn’t sure how many people read AND I’m moving….

I also don’t like to overwhelm everyone else’s posts with my long ones :)

Auto Club is next week. I’ll try to put more information out this week. I like to post early in the week and then just a little as the race gets close…. Again, not to overwhelm the posts by others.

congrats man. i think a lot of people appreciate your info! we’re at that wierd time with nba nhl and people studying up upcoming baseball and march madness, i think this forum will be a lot better /more posts middle of the season.

• tristanwolf

how much did you enter into the beast, max?

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@gje627 said...

Thank you, very much….

TRUST THE PROCESS, as I shared with you recently :)

I SUCK at the “art” of DFS, I cheat and use Discrete Mathematics (set theory, probability theory, combinatorics, chaos mathematics, etc.) and computer programming.

For my nuts-and-bolts, I look forward to the blog by Cooper08 each week and I seriously rely on the amazing race breakdowns of stevietfpl … though NOT so much that I plan to share any of my winnings with him !!! :)

Seriously guys $5.00 a week?

DISCLAIMER: I am not a paid endorser :)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

• gje627

@tristanwolf said...

how much did you enter into the beast, max?

Thanks. Yes, I max-entered the Beast. I generally do in races with high variance like Phoenix (Daytona, Talladega, etc.)….

I was way overweight on Harvick, Kyle Busch, Stenhouse, and Suarez and seriously underweight on Truex, Larson, McDowell; hence the good day.

While I have my own optimizer, I use it differently than most since I can program whatever I want into it. I primarily rely on the data I can get my hands, expert analysis, and do Monte Carlo simulations (8,000 to 10,000 generally, though today I did 12,000+ because I wasn’t seeing consistent trends at the lower number: FYI all the “math” I list above really boils down to one thing; that is pattern matching).

Regardless, I “cover” a bad day using combinatorial optimization (i.e. I have an opportunity at a big day, but control my losses to an acceptable level on a bad day).

Sadly, I do play the quarter arcade, but I generally only include test lineups there.

Here is the breakdown of the contests I played today; but please note I had a significant overlap of lineups in all contests as I played the same lineups in most.

Too much information? … Sorry, that’s just me… never a simple reply :)

NAS $10K Donut (Cup) —20 entries
    NAS $10K Lug Nut [10 Entry Max] (Cup) — 10 entries
    NAS $10K Slingshot [20 Entry Max] (Cup) — 20 entries
    NAS $12.5K Quarter Jukebox [Just $0.25!] (Cup) — 20 entries
    NAS $125K Slingshot [$15K to 1st] (Cup) — 20 entries
    NAS $400K Beast [$100K to 1st] (Cup) — 150 entries
    NAS $40K Happy Hour (Cup) — 20 entries

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler