NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• jt77316

Pocono Raceway

Schedule — all times are Eastern Time (ET)

— Practice 1: Saturday, 9:00 AM (CNBC/NBC Sports App)
    — Practice 2: Saturday, 11:40 AM (CNBC)
    — Qualifying: Saturday, 4:10 PM (NBCSN)
    — Race: Gander Outdoors 400, Sunday, 2:30 PM (NBCSN)

Race Details

— 40 Drivers Entered; 160 Laps, 400 Miles
    — Stage 1: Lap 1 – 50; Stage 2: Lap 51 – 100; Stage 3: Lap 101 – 160
    — Expected Fuel/Pit Window – Usually 33-36 Laps

Note: Fuel Cell capacity is an estimate.

Pocono Raceway –

2.5 Mile, known as the “tricky triangle” with 3 main turns
    Different banking for each
    — Turn 1: 14°
    — Turn 2: 8°
    — Turn 3: 6°

Comparable Tracks

Indianapolis, Daytona, Fontana, Michigan, Talladega

Last Five (5) Race Winners

— 6/06/2016: Kurt Busch
    — 8/01/2016: Chris Buescher
    — 6/11/2017: Ryan Blaney
    — 7/30/2017: Kyle Busch
    — 6/03/2018: Martin Truex, Jr.

Last Five (5) DK and FD Fantasy Points Leaders

9/27/2015: Chase Elliott (60.75 DK FPts) – Kurt Busch (66.2 FD FPts)
    7/17/2016: Chris Buescher (70.00 DK FPts) – Chris Buecsher (68.5 FD FPts)
    9/25/2016: Kyle Busch (69.00 DK FPts) – Erik Jones (62.0 FD FPts)
    7/16/2017: Kyle Busch (82.50 DK FPts) – Kyle Busch (66.4 FD FPts)
    6/03/2018: Kevin Harvick (77.75 DK FPts) – Martin Truex, Jr. (63.6 FD FPts)

Data from Last 5 Pocono Races

Driver Rating:

1. Kevin Harvick – 119.5
    2. Kyle Busch – 116.2
    3. Brad Keselowski – 103.2
    4. Chase Elliott – 99.7
    5. Kyle Larson – 97.3

Laps Led:

1. Kyle Busch – 191
    2. Kevin Harvick – 105
    3. Martin Truex, Jr. – 83
    4. Chase Elliott – 54
    5. Kyle Larson – 51

Fastest Laps:

1. Kevin Harvick – 100
    2. Kyle Busch – 99
    3. Martin Truex, Jr. – 85
    4. Brad Keselowski – 53
    5. Chase Elliott – 44

Race Data, News, and Information

Rotogrinders NASCAR Free tools
    ESPN Jayski
    Motor Racing Network
    Racing Reference

Race Day Breaking News and Weather

Stephen Youngstevietpfl
    Bob Pockrass
    NASCAR Weather

Note: As needed information above will be updated.

• gje627

Harvick and Kyle Busch failed tech. Suarez on the pole.

• gje627

Word is, Larson and Logano failed tech too.

Should be fun…. Cars qualifying 1, 2, 4, 5 all starting in the back, and apparently, scored from the back.

I guess we all load-up on place differential guys tomorrow.

Check DK to starting positions to be sure…. Seems like sometimes NASCAR rules change by the hour….

• gje627

Austin Dillon, Bubba Wallace, and William Byron failed tech too….

Other drivers still going through….

• gje627

So far, drivers qualifying 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 12, 22, 38 (add Sorenson here) qualifying times/positions disallowed for failing tech.

A famous literary quote we’re all familiar with says: “the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry….” (See Robert Burns/John Steinbeck)

So goes the race tomorrow….

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

So far we know Suarez is pretty easy pass. At this point, Harvick and Busch are still going to start in the teens!

• gje627

@nickfromcwe said...

So far we know Suarez is pretty easy pass. At this point, Harvick and Busch are still going to start in the teens!

Hmm.

I’m not always the smartest duck in the pond, but Suarez could dominate stage 1 (one-third of the race), and still finish Top 10, that would almost guarantee he’s on the winning lineup….

But then again, Hamlin, etc… could also jump out front at the start too…. But keep in mind, all the speed is now at the back.

Also, Almirola (qual-19) failed tech too….

• vevay25

new to nascar dfs. Sorry for the dumb question, but does draftkings score a driver from 1st position if getting the pole, or last if fails inspection?

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

Yes, this is a COULD situation. He COULD lead all of stage one. However, for a guy who has led all of 6 laps this year, and has been trending in the wrong direction as the year as gone on, I am going to look toward someone who has more experience to take the lead over.

I fully understand I could be wrong, but on a bigger track like this, I am putting my eggs in the Suarez does his usual routine of getting himself into trouble and finishing below where he starts.

• gje627

@vevay25 said...

new to nascar dfs. Sorry for the dumb question, but does draftkings score a driver from 1st position if getting the pole, or last if fails inspection?

The question is definitely NOT dumb, but the very recent rule announcing post-qualifying inspections (instead of pre-qualifying inspections) now simply disallows the qualifying times for drivers who fail tech.

Thus, it’s as if they never qualified at all.

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@vevay25 said...

I think since this is an impound race, all the guys who fail will have their start positions updated after all cars go through tech. Sounds like they are a little over half way done now. So, Suarez qualifies 3rd, but will be on the pole and starting first. Hamlin qualified 7th, but will move up to second and be scored from 2nd.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

• vevay25

thanks for the responses. Will draftkings update Suarez’s starting point to 1 or will it stay at 3

• gje627

@nickfromcwe said...

I think since this is an impound race, all the guys who fail will have their start positions updated after all cars go through tech. Sounds like they are a little over half way done now. So, Suarez qualifies 3rd, but will be on the pole and starting first. Hamlin qualified 7th, but will move up to second and be scored from 2nd.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes and No….

Prior to performing “post-” instead of “pre-“qualifying inspections, there would be another inspection just before the race. Now, since post-qualifying inspections are also the only inspections after all pre-race on-track activities have concluded for races where other/final practices do not occur after qualifying … all post-qualifying inspections are technically “impound races”.

Hope this makes sense….

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@vevay25 said...

thanks for the responses. Will draftkings update Suarez’s starting point to 1 or will it stay at 3

I think it will update once everyone is through and they have an official order.

• gje627

@vevay25 said...

Should be revised…. As will everyone else’s starting position. Owner points (car number points, not driver, points though for guys like Harvick, etc…. it’s one-and-the-same)…. will then determine where the drivers with qualifying points disallowed will start.

• DefinitelyMiami

@vevay25 said...

Suarez qualified 1st. If you don’t pass inspection you have your qualifying speed disallowed

• gje627

Bowyer, qualifying 21, also failed tech….

Didn’t realize the chaos that would occur in tech today…. Sorry for all the updates….

I imagine myself, or someone else, will post all tech results/qualifying results once tech has concluded.

As of right now, it looks very likely that both Harvick and Kyle Busch will start the race tomorrow with official starting positions in the 20s.

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@gje627 said...

Bowyer, qualifying 21, also failed tech….

Didn’t realize the chaos that would occur in tech today…. Sorry for all the updates….

I imagine myself, or someone else, will post all tech results/qualifying results once tech has concluded.

As of right now, it looks very likely that both Harvick and Kyle Busch will start the race tomorrow with official starting positions in the 20s.

It is insanity.

A guy like David Ragan, who was looking like a nice, cheap play qualifying 29th, could now be starting 16th and only a deep punt play. It is amazing how many cars have failed and how this is going to turn the weekend upside down.

Part of me is excited, though, as it could (should?) make things more interesting in the race itself.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@gje627 said...

Hmm.

I’m not always the smartest duck in the pond, but Suarez could dominate stage 1 (one-third of the race), and still finish Top 10, that would almost guarantee he’s on the winning lineup….

But then again, Hamlin, etc… could also jump out front at the start too…. But keep in mind, all the speed is now at the back.

Also, Almirola (qual-19) failed tech too….

What about that Jones boy, he has a fast car!

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@nickfromcwe said...

It is insanity.

A guy like David Ragan, who was looking like a nice, cheap play qualifying 29th, could now be starting 16th and only a deep punt play. It is amazing how many cars have failed and how this is going to turn the weekend upside down.

Part of me is excited, though, as it could (should?) make things more interesting in the race itself.

This is were the problem lies…all the back burners are going to start to far up making them easy fades…then the mid back burners ar going to be starting 12-20 and they are going to lose points… it’s going to be tough to find a “good cheap salary saver with upside” tomorrow…

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Per pockrass

Add Bowyer and Elliott to the pass list. … Blaney to the fail … weatherman last car left to go through … So far 13 fails: KyBusch Harvick Logano Larson ADillon Wallace Byron Johnson Menard Almirola Kahne Bowyer Blaney.

• gje627

@Cooper08 said...

Per pockrass

Add Bowyer and Elliott to the pass list. … Blaney to the fail … weatherman last car left to go through … So far 13 fails: KyBusch Harvick Logano Larson ADillon Wallace Byron Johnson Menard Almirola Kahne Bowyer Blaney.

Yeah, this is the final list of 14 drivers who failed tech, with original qualifying positions in parenthesis….

Kevin Harvick (1)
    Kyle Busch (2)
    Kyle Larson (4)
    Joey Logano (5)
    William Byron (6)
    Austin Dillon (12)
    Jimmie Johnson (15)
    Paul Menard (17)
    Ryan Blaney (18)
    Aric Almirola (19)
    Clint Bowyer (21)
    Bubba Wallace (22)
    Kasey Kahne (24)
    Reed Sorenson (38)

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Per pockrass

Harvick car failed second time through. Crew member expected to be ejected. Kyle Busch passed second time thru.

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@Cooper08 said...

This is were the problem lies…all the back burners are going to start to far up making them easy fades…then the mid back burners ar going to be starting 12-20 and they are going to lose points… it’s going to be tough to find a “good cheap salary saver with upside” tomorrow…

Yeah, I am not trying to figure out the starting grid myself. Part of me wants to focus almost entirely on the drivers that failed because the place differential, which was already key here, now becomes even more important with a quality driver starting from the 40th position. I doubt I will go full go with this strategy, but they have to be favored more heavily than a guy now starting 5th and needs to lead a lot of laps to beat these failed drivers out.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Cooper08 said...

Insert William Byron….this is going to be a very chalky race…

• gje627

Agree with both nickfromcwe and Cooper08** on their good points above.

Might be a Daytona/Talladega race type race tomorrow, but on steriods…. Still think a low-cost (lower-cost) 1-Stage dominator starting near the front will be necessary…..

Originally, a two (2) to maybe even three (3) dominator race was probably the strategy…. Now the place differential guys (especially those who can get dominator points for fastest laps early) will probably be the best play….

I “think” I know exactly how I’ll play tomorrow.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler