NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• jt77316

Pocono Raceway

Schedule — all times are Eastern Time (ET)

— Practice 1: Saturday, 9:00 AM (CNBC/NBC Sports App)
    — Practice 2: Saturday, 11:40 AM (CNBC)
    — Qualifying: Saturday, 4:10 PM (NBCSN)
    — Race: Gander Outdoors 400, Sunday, 2:30 PM (NBCSN)

Race Details

— 40 Drivers Entered; 160 Laps, 400 Miles
    — Stage 1: Lap 1 – 50; Stage 2: Lap 51 – 100; Stage 3: Lap 101 – 160
    — Expected Fuel/Pit Window – Usually 33-36 Laps

Note: Fuel Cell capacity is an estimate.

Pocono Raceway –

2.5 Mile, known as the “tricky triangle” with 3 main turns
    Different banking for each
    — Turn 1: 14°
    — Turn 2: 8°
    — Turn 3: 6°

Comparable Tracks

Indianapolis, Daytona, Fontana, Michigan, Talladega

Last Five (5) Race Winners

— 6/06/2016: Kurt Busch
    — 8/01/2016: Chris Buescher
    — 6/11/2017: Ryan Blaney
    — 7/30/2017: Kyle Busch
    — 6/03/2018: Martin Truex, Jr.

Last Five (5) DK and FD Fantasy Points Leaders

9/27/2015: Chase Elliott (60.75 DK FPts) – Kurt Busch (66.2 FD FPts)
    7/17/2016: Chris Buescher (70.00 DK FPts) – Chris Buecsher (68.5 FD FPts)
    9/25/2016: Kyle Busch (69.00 DK FPts) – Erik Jones (62.0 FD FPts)
    7/16/2017: Kyle Busch (82.50 DK FPts) – Kyle Busch (66.4 FD FPts)
    6/03/2018: Kevin Harvick (77.75 DK FPts) – Martin Truex, Jr. (63.6 FD FPts)

Data from Last 5 Pocono Races

Driver Rating:

1. Kevin Harvick – 119.5
    2. Kyle Busch – 116.2
    3. Brad Keselowski – 103.2
    4. Chase Elliott – 99.7
    5. Kyle Larson – 97.3

Laps Led:

1. Kyle Busch – 191
    2. Kevin Harvick – 105
    3. Martin Truex, Jr. – 83
    4. Chase Elliott – 54
    5. Kyle Larson – 51

Fastest Laps:

1. Kevin Harvick – 100
    2. Kyle Busch – 99
    3. Martin Truex, Jr. – 85
    4. Brad Keselowski – 53
    5. Chase Elliott – 44

Race Data, News, and Information

Rotogrinders NASCAR Free tools
    ESPN Jayski
    Motor Racing Network
    Racing Reference

Race Day Breaking News and Weather

Stephen Youngstevietpfl
    Bob Pockrass
    NASCAR Weather

Note: As needed information above will be updated.

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

hey GJE congrats on the 500-way tie for 1st in the Piston right now haha

• gje627

591-way tie for first in the Chrome….

I’m one of them, but still losing money….

Yes, it’s early….

• tristanwolf

why wouldnt more cars pit with 3 to go. looks like advantage 20 and 78.

• ttucowboy84

Nice to be part of the 10,000-way tie for 1st in the Piston, lol.

• gje627

@tristanwolf said...

why wouldnt more cars pit with 3 to go. looks like advantage 20 and 78.

Agree.

Any driver on the lead lap and outside the Top-10, and therefore not likely to get stage points should have pitted. Though I’m not sure how many other drivers were in this situation. It looks like a few were racing to get into the Top-10 for points. This likely had an impact on decision-making.

• homers1226

un eventful race so far

somethings going to happen

• gje627

First caution of the race…. During a commercial…. Lajoie.

Wanted to be first !!! :)

• homers1226

harvick and kyle

who seen that coming

• mambaland

all the people with same lineup they got somewhere just flattened out LOL

• gje627

Really need to red flag this race to get some more laps in at the end….

This next re-start will be wild, though….

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

Looks like Bowyer was speeding last pit. Stewart Haas racing went from 4 top ten cars to 4 cars 25 or worse in the blink of an eye.

• EhhTimmay

Not sure how Kahne hasn’t wrecked or blown a tire yet. Taking 2 tires wasn’t the greatest choice.

• nickfromcwe

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

@EhhTimmay said...

Not sure how Kahne hasn’t wrecked or blown a tire yet. Taking 2 tires wasn’t the greatest choice.

His crew chief must not be too smart. He took a car running respectfully in the 20-24 range and made him a mid 30s car.

• tristanwolf

yeah kahne is holding back a couple good lineups. semed to good to be true in 40th., how did he get 2 laps down, just from 2 tires? penalty?

• rttemple

Split 1st in the $5.55 and $33 on Fanduel. Thank god for the restarts

• ttucowboy84

@rttemple said...

Split 1st in the $5.55 and $33 on Fanduel. Thank god for the restarts

Nice! I got crushed (lost $165). Too much Bubba.

• pick6er

2 lineups in the $5.55 GPP on FD, have a 220.3 and the infamous 728362829 way split 328.2 lineup. Wish I would have nabbed some single entries.

• depalma13

I made $36 today on DK and lost $25 on FD. Net profit $11.

I knew this race was a cluster and should have just skipped it.

• madnkrazy

i got my ass kicked on fd..lol I lost keslowski. That didn’t help. Besides that, I didn’t have anybody in the top 5. It was a cool race though. Nothing like Daytona. That was INSANE. Bubba wallace had a bad crash. that was crazy. He was going150, lost control, had the breaks down all the way, ran over the grass and spun out into the wall. He’s lucky he’s still alive. That was scary.

• Deltfish

RG Overall Ranking

@depalma13 said...

I made $36 today on DK and lost $25 on FD. Net profit $11.

I knew this race was a cluster and should have just skipped it.

So you made $11 yet should have skipped it?

You should have done more!

• LarryLegend33

Thought this was the easiest race in a long long time.

The failed inspections made the scrubs unrosterable but tons of good drivers with poor starting position. Kyle and Harvick were no brainers with their starting position but really fast cars on a track where you can get that positions back fast and you could roster both with name brand drivers like Byron, Dillon, and Menard.

You just had to duck the biggest traps out there:

Wallace – Even at that price and starting position, there were far better drivers with better rides
    Almirola – Good driver, good price, right starting position, but had to compromise too much of your lineup to get him in. Wasn’t worth switching out two drivers in the mid to upper $6ks startIng in the back to pick him and then a lousy driver starting in the middle of the pack. You were basically counting on him being a hog and that wasn’t going to happen. Or even worse, moving away from rostering the 4 and the 18.

Only wish I played more but stayed away from cash because I thought everyone would be rostering the same lineup.

• madnkrazy

@LarryLegend33 said...

Well i’m not a big nascar fan. I just started playing a little bit this year when i did good on the daytona race. I know a little bit about a little bit and maybe a little more then that. I try to use s system when I play dfs so I decided to use the same system in nascar and of course the next two weeks it didn’t work. Although last week i was close to having a decent team to win more then just my 50/50. I could have won my hu too on fd. I just played the wrong cat. I wasn’t going to place in a tourny either but it was an ok team. My team this week was a lot worse. Don’t get me wrong. I know the drivers for the most part. except maybe the rookies but i have been following this year so I have seen the rooks drive. I followed nascar back in the day, but stopped. Until it came around in dfs. Then things changed. I was kind of into it with a buddy of mine 2 years ago. Luckily for me, he knows and likes it a lot more then i do. I’m nhl, mlb, nba.. top 3 for dfs. But i love sports so I will put my money on nascar too. It’s kind of like wnba in a way. I know some of the players but mostly the good ones. Besides, with betting their is always a luck factor. Sometimes it works for you sometimes it doesn’t. The worst thing you can do is stop believing it won’t.

• yisman

lol at NASCAR cash games yesterday

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/58236017?uc=1140084505

20 entries, 11 had one lineup

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/58243378?uc=1140091643

20 entries, 10 had one lineup

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@yisman said...

lol at NASCAR cash games yesterday

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/58236017?uc=1140084505

20 entries, 11 had one lineup

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/58243378?uc=1140091643

20 entries, 10 had one lineup

With limited dominator points (160 lap race), everyone played the cars that failed tech. Having tech after qualifying on these two day shows makes something like this possible in the future again. Oh yeah like the Glen this weekend.

• Toddalan2286

@LarryLegend33 said...

The failed inspections made the scrubs unrosterable but tons of good drivers with poor starting position. Kyle and Harvick were no brainers with their starting position but really fast cars on a track where you can get that positions back fast and you could roster both with name brand drivers like Byron, Dillon, and Menard.

You just had to duck the biggest traps out there:

Wallace – Even at that price and starting position, there were far better drivers with better rides
    Almirola – Good driver, good price, right starting position, but had to compromise too much of your lineup to get him in. Wasn’t worth switching out two drivers in the mid to upper $6ks startIng in the back to pick him and then a lousy driver starting in the middle of the pack. You were basically counting on him being a hog and that wasn’t going to happen. Or even worse, moving away from rostering the 4 and the 18.

Only wish I played more but stayed away from cash because I thought everyone would be rostering the same lineup.

I’m going to play devils advocate just for the sake of not using hindsight and debate.

I don’t think Busch and Harvick together was a no brainer (not 100% sure if that’s what was meant or not). Together They ate up a lot of salary and not having them together allowed salary to be freed up for guys like Almirola, bowyer, Truex, logano and even some of the faster cars starting in the top 10. Harvick was the class of the field all weekend and not for a series of un predictable events on pit road he would’ve kept Busch from getting dominator points and that would’ve kept Busch out of the winning lineup due to his high salary.

I don’t believe bubba Wallace was a trap either. In order for him to be in a winning lineup he needed about a 25th place finish which is about where he runs. Even with him wrecking (unpredictable) his avg running position for the race was 26th. Let’s assume he didn’t wreck, and finished 26th that would’ve given him a total of 31 points out scoring AJ Allmendinger by 1 point who was on the perfect lineup (nobody had in the 50k) .

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler