NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• jt77316

Pocono Raceway

Schedule — all times are Eastern Time (ET)

— Practice 1: Saturday, 9:00 AM (CNBC/NBC Sports App)
    — Practice 2: Saturday, 11:40 AM (CNBC)
    — Qualifying: Saturday, 4:10 PM (NBCSN)
    — Race: Gander Outdoors 400, Sunday, 2:30 PM (NBCSN)

Race Details

— 40 Drivers Entered; 160 Laps, 400 Miles
    — Stage 1: Lap 1 – 50; Stage 2: Lap 51 – 100; Stage 3: Lap 101 – 160
    — Expected Fuel/Pit Window – Usually 33-36 Laps

Note: Fuel Cell capacity is an estimate.

Pocono Raceway –

2.5 Mile, known as the “tricky triangle” with 3 main turns
    Different banking for each
    — Turn 1: 14°
    — Turn 2: 8°
    — Turn 3: 6°

Comparable Tracks

Indianapolis, Daytona, Fontana, Michigan, Talladega

Last Five (5) Race Winners

— 6/06/2016: Kurt Busch
    — 8/01/2016: Chris Buescher
    — 6/11/2017: Ryan Blaney
    — 7/30/2017: Kyle Busch
    — 6/03/2018: Martin Truex, Jr.

Last Five (5) DK and FD Fantasy Points Leaders

9/27/2015: Chase Elliott (60.75 DK FPts) – Kurt Busch (66.2 FD FPts)
    7/17/2016: Chris Buescher (70.00 DK FPts) – Chris Buecsher (68.5 FD FPts)
    9/25/2016: Kyle Busch (69.00 DK FPts) – Erik Jones (62.0 FD FPts)
    7/16/2017: Kyle Busch (82.50 DK FPts) – Kyle Busch (66.4 FD FPts)
    6/03/2018: Kevin Harvick (77.75 DK FPts) – Martin Truex, Jr. (63.6 FD FPts)

Data from Last 5 Pocono Races

Driver Rating:

1. Kevin Harvick – 119.5
    2. Kyle Busch – 116.2
    3. Brad Keselowski – 103.2
    4. Chase Elliott – 99.7
    5. Kyle Larson – 97.3

Laps Led:

1. Kyle Busch – 191
    2. Kevin Harvick – 105
    3. Martin Truex, Jr. – 83
    4. Chase Elliott – 54
    5. Kyle Larson – 51

Fastest Laps:

1. Kevin Harvick – 100
    2. Kyle Busch – 99
    3. Martin Truex, Jr. – 85
    4. Brad Keselowski – 53
    5. Chase Elliott – 44

Race Data, News, and Information

Rotogrinders NASCAR Free tools
    ESPN Jayski
    Motor Racing Network
    Racing Reference

Race Day Breaking News and Weather

Stephen Youngstevietpfl
    Bob Pockrass
    NASCAR Weather

Note: As needed information above will be updated.

• yisman

I agree, I think Wallace was a solid pick. Bad luck with the wreck. If that doesn’t happen, he more than makes value at that salary.

• LarryLegend33

@Toddalan2286 said...

I’m going to play devils advocate just for the sake of not using hindsight and debate.

I don’t think Busch and Harvick together was a no brainer (not 100% sure if that’s what was meant or not). Together They ate up a lot of salary and not having them together allowed salary to be freed up for guys like Almirola, bowyer, Truex, logano and even some of the faster cars starting in the top 10. Harvick was the class of the field all weekend and not for a series of un predictable events on pit road he would’ve kept Busch from getting dominator points and that would’ve kept Busch out of the winning lineup due to his high salary.

I don’t believe bubba Wallace was a trap either. In order for him to be in a winning lineup he needed about a 25th place finish which is about where he runs. Even with him wrecking (unpredictable) his avg running position for the race was 26th. Let’s assume he didn’t wreck, and finished 26th that would’ve given him a total of 31 points out scoring AJ Allmendinger by 1 point who was on the perfect lineup (nobody had in the 50k) .

Was definitely suggesting not Harvick and Kyle in the same lineup. Both had terrible starting positions and fast cars. Unless you wanted to play contrarian, there just weren’t enough dominator points available to grab a top 10 qualifying car over those guys. Especially when you could grab both and round of a roster with a pick 4 of Dillon, Menard, Byron, Kahne, and yes, Wallace. The question remains, why would you take Wallace over one of those guys who had similar starting positions but far better rides? All of those drivers are far more successful that Wallace at not much more $$$.

• Numberoneoutlaw

I think the combo of Almirola, Blaney,and Bowyer had a better floor and better upside then Kyle Busch, Menard or Byron, and Wallace. Yes it didn’t work out but I would still play same way if I had to do it again.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

This may really hurt NASCAR DFS this weekend………

Another two-day schedule this weekend for the Cup Series with qualifying taking place on Saturday afternoon. However, this weekend NASCAR says after qualifying the cars will be impounded and post-qualifying/pre-race inspection will take place early Sunday

• gje627

That sucks.

Thanks for the update Coop !!!

Had no idea about the inspection protocol this weekend.

Ruins my schedule….

• Toddalan2286

@LarryLegend33 said...

Was definitely suggesting not Harvick and Kyle in the same lineup. Both had terrible starting positions and fast cars. Unless you wanted to play contrarian, there just weren’t enough dominator points available to grab a top 10 qualifying car over those guys. Especially when you could grab both and round of a roster with a pick 4 of Dillon, Menard, Byron, Kahne, and yes, Wallace. The question remains, why would you take Wallace over one of those guys who had similar starting positions but far better rides? All of those drivers are far more successful that Wallace at not much more $$$.

I myself pivoted from Kahne to Wallace. I spas not suggesting picking Wallace over Byron, or Menards (similar price range much better equipment). I would argue that kahne has a far better ride than Wallace as well. In terms of position this year they’ve ran similar and the salary matters here, Wallace was $300 cheaper.

• depalma13

@Deltfish said...

So you made $11 yet should have skipped it?

You should have done more!

The time I spent doing research is worth far more than $11.

• gje627

I was Tied for 1st with I think 11 other people in the Piston and Chrome (the two (2) big DK contests) and Tied for 1st in multiple other DK GPP contests as well, when Bubba Wallace wrecked with seven (7) laps to go in a scheduled 160 lap race.

Had he not wrecked, I doubt they would have needed overtime as at the time of the wreck cars were spread-out and the ensuing wrecks only came on the subsequent re-starts.

Bubba Wallace was in my lineup….

And even if I had dropped a place or two (2) in the standings when all was said-and-done if he didn’t wreck everyone around me in the DK GPPs also had Wallace in their lineups.

Thus, he would have been on all the top-placing GPP lineups on DK.

He was obviously a great play.

EDIT: Not going to bitch, or play the “woe-is-me” card…. And I didn’t after the race.

We all know NASCAR variance. And three (3) of my four (4) biggest NASCAR days (big, big by the way) have come as a result of other contestants having “NASCAR late-race variance bite them in the ass” at the end….

Now an editorial…. Always hate when people complain when they lose NASCAR at the end…. We all know NASCAR is high variance and to play and win consistently you need a lot of skill, a lot of backbone, and a little luck….

Said my peace….

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@gje627 said...

That sucks.

Thanks for the update Coop !!!

Had no idea about the inspection protocol this weekend.

Ruins my schedule….

I would think that since aero force is not a huge deal this week the cars should be able to pass inspection..if it does become an issue it will probably be 1-3 cars which is probably worse for the casual fan who makes there lineup on Saturday after qualifying as there will not be as much info out there…then again, it’s a pretty big deal to be sent to the back at Watkins Glenn so I suggest people pay attention Sunday morning. Hopefully they start the process at 7-8am and can be done by 9-10am because you really can’t make any lineups until the last car is through tech.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Cooper08 said...

I would think that since aero force is not a huge deal this week the cars should be able to pass inspection..if it does become an issue it will probably be 1-3 cars which is probably worse for the casual fan who makes there lineup on Saturday after qualifying as there will not be as much info out there…then again, it’s a pretty big deal to be sent to the back at Watkins Glenn so I suggest people pay attention Sunday morning. Hopefully they start the process at 7-8am and can be done by 9-10am because you really can’t make any lineups until the last car is through tech.

Per pockrass, 8am start for inspection on Sunday.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Ly Watkins Glenn looks like Hamlin and Bowyer failed tech as they have no q time.
    Ty Sonoma no tech issues.
    Ly Sonoma look so like Kenseth failed tech as he has no q time.
    2016 no issues Sonoma but Cassill no q time at the Glenn.
    2015 no issues either track.

So looks like we can expect 1-2 drivers fail tech and start in back. Also there may be post q equipment changes which would result going to back but scored from q position. People probably going to be confused this weekend.

• dicey

• depalma13

@dicey said...

What exactly do you mean by this, just firing a few in the Dk one tomorrow, what does something coming out Sunday morning as stated in your video about qualifying and whether you play someone or not?

If they fail tech they move to the back and are scored from the rear. If they change equipment, the go to the rear but are scored from where they qualified. So they will start with negative points.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler