Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sunday, April 29th
    2:00pm est

MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES AT TALLADEGA
    Talladega Superspeedway

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – Nascar strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Frustrated

Came back to see I was 100th; went to take a shower and come back to missing cash by a point because of course. I hate super speedways. And of course Sadler and Custer on the first place lineup because why not. That makes perfect sense.

• tristanwolf

almirola gonna be 70%?

• Chab

@tristanwolf said...

almirola gonna be 70%?

I think he will be. I think he is a dumb fade. So much easier to differentiate elsewhere by fading guys that are starting near/at the top. But then again I’m terrible at this.

• depalma13

@tristanwolf said...

almirola gonna be 70%?

He should be 100% owned.

• jstevens2k11

Long time lurker on the Nascar forums and thank you all for the posts, super informative. Question as a Nascar newbie trying different strategies….is there a clear cut answer on is it bad/good to the pole position driver?

• jstevens2k11

Or is this track specific…..

• DefinitelyMiami

@jstevens2k11 said...

Or is this track specific…..

It’s track specific.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@jstevens2k11 said...

Long time lurker on the Nascar forums and thank you all for the posts, super informative. Question as a Nascar newbie trying different strategies….is there a clear cut answer on is it bad/good to the pole position driver?

Check back a couple pages, jge lists the top 10 fantasy points scorers for last six races.

• mambaland

why is almirola such a must have today? yes you get points for moving up the pack but not as many as if you actually get a top finish

• crumbler81

Anybody know if the NASCAR tools will be updated before the race?

• gje627

…And I’m out today…. First race missed of the year.

A tree fell on a friend’s house last night and since I have a truck, chainsaws, and ladders I guess it’s my responsibility to help clean-up !!! (:

Good luck to the rest of you !!!

• mambaland

@gje627 said...

…And I’m out today…. First race missed of the year.

A tree fell on a friend’s house last night and since I have a truck, chainsaws, and ladders I guess it’s my responsibility to help clean-up !!! (:

Good luck to the rest of you !!!

Hello friend….i too have some tree’s down…albeit not on my house but close enough

• TheRyanFlaherty

Was having a tough time picking my last FD spot…hopefully I picked the right configuration for my more expensive single entry…

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@mambaland said...

why is almirola such a must have today? yes you get points for moving up the pack but not as many as if you actually get a top finish

*he is a good restrictor plate driver
    *he is guaranteed positive points so he is safe
    Just do the math, if he finishes T20 he is good.

• yellowdart24

@Cooper08 said...

*he is a good restrictor plate driver
    *he is guaranteed positive points so he is safe
    Just do the math, if he finishes T20 he is good.

I don’t want to sound mean but… this is why I love plate tracks. People can’t help themselves but use the studs who start up front (Hamlin, Harvick, Logano, Brad) without realizing their risk when they should be focusing all of their lineups on using guys in the back. Now yes, anything can happen. Aric could wreck early but his floor is so high that even if he wrecks, you can still easily cash with him. But I’ve seen plenty of times where the winner isn’t even the top 3 driver in points scored especially if it comes from a car that started in the top 10. The winning gpp lineup will probably end up with a guy who started top 10. But how you do well here is giving yourself enough drivers in the back to hit the right combo of place diff. All it takes is one wreck to the guys upfront to give a huge edge to the guys in the back. Let’s say there is a big one with like 15 cars. In there you have say Brad, Ricky, Joey, Hamlin but also includes Larson, Blaney, Jamie, and Ty. Even if Brad finishes 30th and Blaney finishes 31st, Brad is stuck with -20 place diff, like 10 points for finishing 30th, and let’s give him like 5 bonus points which is a decent amount here. That results in -5. Now Blaney gets -7 place diff, 9 points for finishing 31st, and zero bonus points. Blaney gets 2 points. He beats Brad by 7 points even without bonus and that’s with Blaney wrecking too. Now yes, if Brad doesn’t wreck, he will probably finish top 5. But the odds of him either wrecking or just randomly finishing 10th and getting 30 points is fairly high. If AJ finishes 15th, I think he gets like 38 points which would be 8 more than Brad if Brad finished 10th not accounting for any bonus which is random to begin with. There is a lot of luck involved but just one or two wrecks to the guys in the top 10 is all you need.

• Logan7777

My local paper has a short article about Harvick getting the pole, but what caught my eye was the last paragraph stating “NASCAR changed the restrictor plates after Friday’s practice laps in which McMurrays car flipped….”. I can’t find any info on this on the NASCAR website. Anybody have more info on this change?

Edit: found the article…. reduced plates from 7/8 inches to 55/64 inches to reduce speed. Harvicks practice 2 speed was 202.294 mph and his pole qualifying speed was 194.448. That’s a pretty big drop.

• yellowdart24

@Logan7777 said...

My local paper has a short article about Harvick getting the pole, but what caught my eye was the last paragraph stating “NASCAR changed the restrictor plates after Friday’s practice laps in which McMurrays car flipped….”. I can’t find any info on this on the NASCAR website. Anybody have more info on this change?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-changes-restrictor-plates-slow-214608031.html

• Presleywhite

@Logan7777 said...

They did but it will have no impact. You can probably google search it but really it’s not worth reading as it will be very minimal.

• DjMesiah

Step 1: Spend hours creating projections system
    Step 2: Upload projections
    Step 3: Set Randomness to 100%
    Step 4: Profit?

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

Which cars will be starting at the rear due to changes?

• DjMesiah

@atfrost said...

Cars to the rear: 1, 13, 19, 31 for backup cars; 9 for unapproved tire change and 10 for unapproved adjustments.

• infy72

@atfrost said...

McMurray, Newman, TDillon, Suarez, Almirola and Elliott as of right now.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Logan7777 said...

Edit: found the article…. reduced plates from 7/8 inches to 55/64 inches to reduce speed. Harvicks practice 2 speed was 202.294 mph and his pole qualifying speed was 194.448. That’s a pretty big drop.

Practice is run in drafts were as qualifying you are all by yourself. Cars at restrictor plate tracks go faster in groups.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@atfrost said...

This is meaningless this week, you can go back to front in 5-7 laps at most.

• jwayne1976

@Cooper08 said...

This is meaningless this week, you can go back to front in 5-7 laps at most.

Yep, the only thing that matters is picking cars that don’t wreck. Easy peasy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.