NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• gje627

Time to close the book on Martinsville !!!

Sorry, blame me. :)

Schedule — all times are Eastern Time (ET)

— Practice 1 – Friday, 1:00 PM (FS1)
    — Qualifying – Friday, 5:45 PM (FS1)
    — Practice 2 – Saturday, 11:00 PM (FS1)
    — Practice 3 – Saturday, 1:30 PM (FS1)
    NASCAR Pre-Race Show – Sunday, 1:30 PM (FS1)
    — O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 – Sunday, 2:00 PM (FS1)

Race Details

— 334 Laps, 501 Miles
    — Stage 1 – Lap 1 – 85
    — Stage 2 – Lap 86 – 170
    — Stage 3 – Lap 171 – 334

Comparable Tracks

— Atlanta Motor Speedway
    — Auto Club Speedway
    — Charlotte Motor Speedway
    — Chicagoland Speedway
    — Kansas Speedway
    — Kentucky Speedway

Last Six (6) Winners

— 4/11/2015 – Jimmie Johnson
    — 11/8/2015 – Jimmie Johnson
    — 4/9/2016 – Kyle Busch
    — 11/6/2016 – Carl Edwards
    — 4/9/2017 – Jimmie Johnson
    — 11/5/2017 – Kevin Harvick

Last Six (6) DK Fantasy Points Leaders

— 4/11/2015 – Jimmie Johnson (104.50)
    — 11/8/2015 – Brad Keselowski (166.00)
    — 4/9/2016 – Martin Truex, Jr. (92.75)
    — 11/6/2016 – Joey Logano (113.50)
    — 4/9/2017 – Jimmie Johnson (97.00)
    — 11/5/2017 – Martin Truex, Jr. (105.25)

• billholler

Last year’s winning LU (bigmac84 had a two way tie for 1st, 2 way tie for 3rd with solo 5th-7th and 9th):

#6 Trevor Bayne 8.7% 334/334 12 13 -1 Place Diff, 3 Fastest Laps, 1 13th 31.5
    #12 Ryan Blaney 13.5% 334/334 2 12 -10 Place Diff, 148 Laps Led, 51 Fastest Laps, 1 12th 84.5
    #37 Chris Buescher 47.9% 333/334 38 21 17 Place Diff, 6 Fastest Laps, 1 21st 43
    #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr 36.7% 334/334 37 5 32 Place Diff, 21 Fastest Laps, 1 5th 81.5
    #48 Jimmie Johnson 23.1% 334/334 24 1 23 Place Diff, 18 Laps Led, 47 Fastest Laps, 1 WINS 97
    #42 Kyle Larson 25.4% 334/334 32 2 30 Place Diff, 26 Fastest Laps, 1 2nd 85
    TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 422.50

• rlmc8402

gje627 and Bill thank you for that info!

Anyone know how to sign up for Steves Premium OTHER than the $250 season access? I feel stupid, been all over the sight and all I can find is a link to the Season…I want to try it for a week or two first?

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@rlmc8402 said...

Anyone know how to sign up for Steves Premium OTHER than the $250 season access? I feel stupid, been all over the sight and all I can find is a link to the Season…I want to try it for a week or two first?

Weekly price is up now, it was down because there was no race last weekend.

https://rotogrinders.com/marketplace/stevie-s-nascar-package-336

• gje627

@rlmc8402 said...

You’re welcome for starting the thread. :)

Regarding the NASCAR package by @stevietpfl, if you subscribe for the week or the rest of the year, pay particular attention to his Wednesday night and Saturday night prerace shows.

In both, he offers amazing insight on the upcoming race and his Saturday show includes a driver-by-driver breakdown that’s absolutely incredible. While I enjoy the numbers (as everybody knows), @stevietpfl is excellent at putting the numbers in context given the unique circumstances of the upcoming race, from tire analysis, to expectations for each stage, to pit strategy, to fuel strategy, to the best running lines at certain times of the race, etc…. he’s got you covered.

Given the level of detail during these shows, my recommendation is to watch the live show with a beer, or other adult beverage of your choice. This will give you a good idea of how to approach the race, in general. After that, the archived version remains accessible at anytime so you can replay, pausing to take notes.

While I do my own projections and analysis (I still think everyone still needs to think for him/herself), I also check his, paying particularly close attention to where our opinions differ.

Where we agree, I am confident with my picks. Where we disagree, I re-evaluate.

As someone who spends far too much time researching NASCAR, and even if you’re the same, I still highly recommend taking advantage of Stevie’s knowledge and insight !!!

• rlmc8402

@stevietpfl said...

Weekly price is up now, it was down because there was no race last weekend.

https://rotogrinders.com/marketplace/stevie-s-nascar-package-336

Got it…thank you!

• rlmc8402

@gje627 said...

You’re welcome for starting the thread. :)

Regarding the NASCAR package by @stevietpfl, if you subscribe for the week or the rest of the year, pay particular attention to his Wednesday night and Saturday night prerace shows.

In both, he offers amazing insight on the upcoming race and his Saturday show includes a driver-by-driver breakdown that’s absolutely incredible. While I enjoy the numbers (as everybody knows), @stevietpfl is excellent at putting the numbers in context given the unique circumstances of the upcoming race, from tire analysis, to expectations for each stage, to pit strategy, to fuel strategy, to the best running lines at certain times of the race, etc…. he’s got you covered.

Given the level of detail during these shows, my recommendation is to watch the live show with a beer, or other adult beverage of your choice. This will give you a good idea of how to approach the race, in general. After that, the archived version remains accessible at anytime so you can replay, pausing to take notes.

While I do my own projections and analysis (I still think everyone still needs to think for him/herself), I also check his, paying particularly close attention to where our opinions differ.

Where we agree, I am confident with my picks. Where we disagree, I re-evaluate.

As someone who spends far too much time researching NASCAR, and even if you’re the same, I still highly recommend taking advantage of Stevie’s knowledge and insight !!!

Thank you again! Yea I have been a NASCAR (die hard) fan for 40 years…just started DraftKings last year. I did ok but was always just outside the BIG $ but always make my money back and in the top 1-5% finishing order every race. This year is the same so I am stepping up my research which to date has been minimal. Trust me I will take advantage if anything any of you share…Thank you!

• gje627

@rlmc8402 said...

Thank you again! Yea I have been a NASCAR (die hard) fan for 40 years…just started DraftKings last year. I did ok but was always just outside the BIG $ but always make my money back and in the top 1-5% finishing order every race. This year is the same so I am stepping up my research which to date has been minimal. Trust me I will take advantage if anything any of you share…Thank you!

Good luck this weekend !!!

Sounds like you’re right on the edge and quickly closing in on a big payday.

As I’ve said before in this forum….

Keep the Faith !!!

• macG31

So glad NASCAR is back, tired of getting my ass handed to me in PGA.

Harvick Xfinity pricing a little soft this week? Past 4 X top dog prices:

2-24 Atlanta – only 163 laps
    Harvick 10.9
    Logano 10.8
    3-3 LV
    Busch 15.0
    Larson 12.6
    3-10 AZ
    Busch 14.3
    Brad 13.0
    3-17 CA – 150 laps
    Logano 11.2
    4-7 TX – Harvick 13.8
    Blaney 10.7

The only knocks I see on Harvick this race are that Blaney is tough in the 22 and the 41/98 was 0 for 6 last year (wins), but it sure looked strong in Atlanta this year.

Edit: Probably shouldn’t say ‘only’ knocks.

• billholler

Was planning on taking my boys to watch the race today and tomorrow but it’s a little chilly for them. This is Texas. It’s supposed to be 80 degrees in April, not 40.

• billholler

Fucking Stenhouse again.

• nyynksfn4vr

I am a huge Bowyer fan and I was so glad to see him win 2 weeks ago. The SHR boys are rolling this year but, it looks like Hendrick has some speed this week at Texas…..

• gje627

While not related specifically to today’s race, if you consider yourself a NASCAR aficionado, are interested in NASCAR technology, and long for the good old days of real competitive racing, I stumbled-upon a series of two (2) videos by a guy with the Youtube handle “RealRadman”.

While I’ve never heard of this gentleman before, his insight into NASCAR technology and the overall NASCAR product is incredible, and I consider these two (2) videos must watch for any real NASCAR fans. Since the videos were put together as a series, it’s important to watch in order:

Why NASCAR is in Deep Trouble: https://bit.ly/2JtbnMR

How To Solve NASCAR’s Car (Aero) Issues: https://bit.ly/2Iy0ZSA

If anyone knows who this guy, please let me know….

• depalma13

Don’t trust any of the 2nd practice times. Going to be at least 20 degrees warmer today.

• billholler

Anyone other than Stenhouse and Byron starting in the back? I’m still almost all in on Byron but want to make sure I didn’t miss anyone else.

• macG31

@billholler said...

Anyone other than Stenhouse and Byron starting in the back? I’m still almost all in on Byron but want to make sure I didn’t miss anyone else.

DiBenedetto too. I kinda like both Byron and Ricky, but I’d like them more if I knew there would be a competition caution today. Guessing probably, but don’t know where to find that info.

• billholler

@macG31 said...

DiBenedetto too. I kinda like both Byron and Ricky, but I’d like them more if I knew there would be a competition caution today. Guessing probably, but don’t know where to find that info.

I would have been about 75% Stenhouse if he hadn’t tore up his car. Now I have him in one LU out of 150.

• billholler

And I actually still like Stenhouse because I see no real reason why he shouldn’t be back to his scoring starting position within 2 or 3 laps. Just don’t want to be heavy on him and feel stupid if he finishes 25th.

• billholler

My 4 year old just picked Blaney. Book it.

• Kennybass065

Bill, who is your favorite flyer in the 4-5K range?

• macG31

@billholler said...

And I actually still like Stenhouse because I see no real reason why he shouldn’t be back to his scoring starting position within 2 or 3 laps. Just don’t want to be heavy on him and feel stupid if he finishes 25th.

For sure. At least he ought to be used to driving a backup…

Not the most encouraging from his twitter yesterday talking about his crew: Yup got the best in the business, we are struggling more than we want but they are on it we will just have to get a lot of passing points tomorrow

• Luctyl99

Cole Whitt or Dibenedetto

• mbunner23

@billholler said...

My 4 year old just picked Blaney. Book it.

Dave Blaney got it done in the sprint car yesterday, I’m feelin a Ryan Blaney win today as well.

• gje627

Everyone through tech with the exception of Kyle Larson…. No reported issues.

• gje627

Kyle Larson to the rear of the field !!!

Check lineups !!!

• bigperm0107

thanks

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler