NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Hey look Kevin Harvick won at Phoenix again.. Lol.

No Sunday Periscope this weekend, I have a wedding to go to on Sunday.

We rolled out the first edition of the NASCAR First Look. If there’s anything you’d like to see added to it, PM Me.

Weekend Schedule:
    First Practice: Friday 2:30 PM EST
    Qualifying: Friday 7:45 PM EST
    Second Practice: Saturday 11:00 AM EST
    Final Practice: Saturday 2:30 PM EST
    Race: Sunday 3:30 PM EST

• BDholla89

• x2

2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Salaries have been released.

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@BDholla89 said...

Salaries have been released.

and they are awful

• BDholla89

• x2

DK hates that 14 car.

• Jcicc

Stevie – What are you hoping to see?

• flames0099

I would like to see higher prices to make it a tad bit tougher then it is.

• ljason8eg

First race I’ll be attending this season! Hope its a good one!

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@Jcicc said...

Stevie – What are you hoping to see?

I said it a few times on twitter, but I will say it here as well.

I want people to be forced to make the decision of taking a balanced approach or punting with 1-2 players. Vickers and a 6k driver, and you can have almost anyone you want. There’s no reason Kyle, Johnson, Harvick, or Kurt Busch should have been under 11k this weekend. There’s no reason Vickers should be min salary. I would love to see them tighten a few things up.

• deactivated84892

It really feels like whoever is in charge of DK NASCAR department doesn’t really know a thing about NASCAR.

It’s also slightly annoying that the points page still reflects 43 cars.

Soft pricing is just going to keep the multi-way ties going (something that was already behind the 8 ball since NASCAR went to 40 car field to fill a 6 man roster). NASCAR my favorite DFS sweat so I’d really like to see DK step up here.

Vickers/Dillon being min-priced every week in quality equipment is beyond me.

• mjordantmac

• 2016 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

By far the best sweat but all these ties are kinda turning me off. Definitely needs some tweaking

• heartman

It’s supposed to be a skill based game. Underpricing T.Dillon and Vickers every week takes away from the skill involved in building a winning lineup.

DK Nascar has the worst scoring system of all DFS sports.

• BDholla89

• x2

@heartman said...

It’s supposed to be a skill based game. Underpricing T.Dillon and Vickers every week takes away from the skill involved in building a winning lineup.

DK Nascar has the worst scoring system of all DFS sports.

I think the scoring system is fine. Salaries could just be more competitive in my opinion.

• intimadator2007

Qualifying turned out pretty interesting,takes away a couple good picks and makes some others very appealing. If you can figure out what to do with 11th – 19th it will be a good week for you .

• TeamTwerk

It’s absurd that DK doesn’t have starting positions listed when it is such a crucial component of the scoring. The news updates are absolutely useless as well.

• Numberoneoutlaw

Still trying to figure out NASCAR dfs. Is Austin Dillon a good play this weekend? Price is good. Will start from pole. I doubt he wins it but could still earn a top 10 and lead some laps. Thanks guys.

• PorkRindsNBeer

For me personally, I have Dillon on a few lineups, but …………

• intimadator2007

No Dillon for me this week he just qualified to high this week for me .Pretty much all in on Larson and liking Matt D as my punt this week .

• Frustrated

Biffle and Larson just wrecked in practice. I assume they’ll go to back up cars.

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

If you think Dillon will finish in the top five, then you should play him. He needs a top 5 for 30 fantasy points, unless he leads laps. I’m expecting Harvick to get out early, and then Kyle Busch to catch him within the first 50-75 laps.

• intimadator2007

@stevietpfl said...

If you think Dillon will finish in the top five, then you should play him. He needs a top 5 for 30 fantasy points, unless he leads laps. I’m expecting Harvick to get out early, and then Kyle Busch to catch him within the first 50-75 laps.

This is how I see Dillon playing out Steve.He may lead a few laps and get some fast ones, But his upside is so limited , would have like to see him qualify 20th-25th .

Rethinking the all in on Larson now…Ughhh !

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

This being a 2-mile track, it’s a lot harder to lap people here. I still think Larson is in play, and it looks like they are trying to repair both cars.

• mikeman7322

@intimadator2007 said...

This is how I see Dillon playing out Steve.He may lead a few laps and get some fast ones, But his upside is so limited , would have like to see him qualify 20th-25th .

Rethinking the all in on Larson now…Ughhh !

I feel larson is only playable in cash. Even qualifying that low, he was quoted this weekend saying that they still can’t find the speed with this new package. For his price and how much he’s struggling, I see him toping out in about 15th-20th (I see more like a 26th), which is 35-45 total points. Personally, I feel in a gpp format you’re looking for more than 35-45 upside out of someone at 8k+. I do have small exposure to him, but until he starts showing consistent speed, I’ll pass.

• Bighouse55

Austin Dillon is a good play in cash and GPP. Fast all weekend and should lead 50ish laps. As long as he doesn’t wreck he will be huge value and allow to pay up for guys like Kyle and Harvick. Dillon+Vickers+Studs will be a winning strategy in cash for sure.

• Bighouse55

My punts are Matty D, Buscher and Vickers depending on cash or gpp.

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@Bighouse55 said...

Austin Dillon is a good play in cash and GPP. Fast all weekend and should lead 50ish laps. As long as he doesn’t wreck he will be huge value and allow to pay up for guys like Kyle and Harvick. Dillon+Vickers+Studs will be a winning strategy in cash for sure.

the chances of austin dillon suddenly leading 1/4 of the laps of a cup race are pretty close to zero.

he has a realistic chance of leading zero laps.

i’d stay away from him in cash, personally.

• stevietpfl

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@Slah said...

the chances of austin dillon suddenly leading 1/4 of the laps of a cup race are pretty close to zero.

he has a realistic chance of leading zero laps.

i’d stay away from him in cash, personally.

Agreed. GPP play only for me.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).