Charlotte Motor Speedway

Sunday, May 28th
    6:00pm

• ljason8eg

Welcome to the Clean Air 600!

• giffenbone

• x2

2015 NASCAR Live Finalist

NASCAR is adding the VHT resin to the high line, like they did to Bristol’s low line, so maybe it will help. We’ll have to see how practice goes.

At least they are trying something after last year’s snoozer and the All-Star race snoozer.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Was just looking at pricing for this week, I really hope McDowell and Cassill qualify no worse than 20th. If they end up near or in the back they could very easily be the highest owned drivers as there price is horrible. Was very excited with pricing as I looked at it as there were several drivers over 10k, and the right drivers. Then as I went down it just gets worse as Kahne, Ku Busch, McMurray, Bowyer, and Kenseth should be more expensive.

• ljason8eg

Regan Smith is far too cheap as well.

• billholler

@Cooper08 said...

McDowell and Cassill

Don’t start this already. The conspiracy theorists will be out in full force.

• bigperm0107

already reserved my enteries since it’s a holiday weekend and they make the contests so damn small. Looking forward to this weekend and hopefully taking down something decent like billholler seems to do quite often.

• krighton

why is the payout only 23.97% on the $8 DK…..hope there’s a ton of overlay

• DefinitelyMiami

@billholler said...

Don’t start this already. The conspiracy theorists will be out in full force.

because they have such great records at Charlotte…. go ahead and mindlessly roster them.
    Some others will realize David Regan and Regan Smith are just as viable

• billholler

@DefinitelyMiami said...

You spelled “Ragan” wrong

Viability depends on qualifying position and practice runs. It’s almost like you don’t even realize this.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@DefinitelyMiami said...

because they have such great records at Charlotte…. go ahead and mindlessly roster them.

No one is viable today until we see where everyone qualifies (and how they practice).

EDIT: Looks like billholler beat me to it

• billholler

@Stewburtx8 said...

EDIT: Looks like billholler beat me to it

2nd place is just the 1st loser.

• KYwins9

RG Overall Ranking

Looks like DK is running some qualifiers for their Fantasy Racing World Championships. Pretty cool looking FRWC apparently is going to be a survior tourney starting Sept 24th, 50k going to first.

• DefinitelyMiami

@Stewburtx8 said...

No one is viable today until we see where everyone qualifies (and how they practice).

If they are in the field, and since there are only 40 cars entered they will be, they are viable.

So yes, at this point Ragan and Smith are just as VIABLE as McDowell and Cassil considering qualifying is tonight.

Derrike Cope who was slowest in Practice 1 is probably less viable than most but qualifying isnt until tonight like I said

• billholler

@DefinitelyMiami said...

If they are in the field, and since there are only 40 cars entered they will be, they are viable.

Wow. I’ve been doing this all wrong. Thanks.

• depalma13

This is probably going to be a rain shortened race.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@depalma13 said...

Were are you getting info from? I see 30-40% chance and they are thunderstorms, not persistent rain.

• DefinitelyMiami

@billholler said...

Wow. I’ve been doing this all wrong. Thanks.

Nah you buy lots of lottery combos and sometimes they hit so congrats I guess.

• wormworth

I bought a great lineup for the 600, someone send me some H2H’s…wormworth the name, nascar the game(try to keep it under 100.00….still building my empire).

• wormworth

@depalma13 said...

Since 1960 this race has been rain shortened 3 times (was there in 2009 ..pissed me off). They will do whatever to run the full race.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

Larson is starting 39th because he didn’t qualify he is going to be the token chalk high priced guy this week. Big decision will be between Logano, Harvick, and Truex. You can fit 2 of those guys plus Larson but will need 3 cheapies. I see many lineups starting with Larson, Logano, Smith, and either Truex or Harvick

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@dbullsfan said...

Larson is starting 39th because he didn’t qualify he is going to be the token chalk high priced guy this week. Big decision will be between Logano, Harvick, and Truex. You can fit 2 of those guys plus Larson but will need 3 cheapies. I see many lineups starting with Larson, Logano, Smith, and either Truex or Harvick

Unless Logano shows significant speed increase in practice on Saturday he is a fade. At this time his car is not showing promise for the race.

• Genghis_Khan

@bigperm0107 said...

Looking forward to this weekend and hopefully taking down something decent like billholler seems to do quite often.

Yeah, Bill seriously needs to write a Nascar article for RG. Especially since Stevie’s articles are now all behind a second pay-wall (why do I pay for premium again)?

• billholler

@Genghis_Khan said...

Yeah, Bill seriously needs to write a Nascar article for RG. Especially since Stevie’s articles are now all behind a second pay-wall (why do I pay for premium again)?

I appreciate the vote of confidence but there are quite a few guys that post here that are better at this than me, Stevie included. My only comments so far, Larson is going to be the chalkiest chalk you will ever see in Nascar. Truex will probably be chalky too based on last year’s total dominance. Don’t think we will have a total dominance by any one driver like Truex did but there should be 2 drivers that lead at least 100 laps each. I personally like JJ this week based on track history, starting position and he was the 2nd fastest car in 1st practice. Once again Erik Jones is the wild card. He once again ran good in practice and qualifying but he does that every week. Don’t think this is the week he breaks out but it’s going to happen soon.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

BH, I wanted to ask you about Truex. I thought for sure he would be super chalk especially starting 10th (lower than i expected) but from listening to a couple podcast and talking to some others they think he might actually be a bit lower owned thanks to Busch winning the all-star race, Larson being insane chalk, and Harvick being highly owned as well. Do you think there is a chance Truex could be under 30%. If that ends up being the case I want to have a ton of exposure.

Also interesting you mention Erik Jones, I love him out of that #5 spot, I think he is going to be pretty low owned and if he can somehow grab the lead I could see him leading a bunch of laps

• Genghis_Khan

@billholler said...

I appreciate the vote of confidence but there are quite a few guys that post here that are better at this than me, Stevie included. My only comments so far, Larson is going to be the chalkiest chalk you will ever see in Nascar. Truex will probably be chalky too based on last year’s total dominance. Don’t think we will have a total dominance by any one driver like Truex did but there should be 2 drivers that lead at least 100 laps each. I personally like JJ this week based on track history, starting position and he was the 2nd fastest car in 1st practice. Once again Erik Jones is the wild card. He once again ran good in practice and qualifying but he does that every week. Don’t think this is the week he breaks out but it’s going to happen soon.

Thanks for the insights.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.