Daytona International Speedway

Saturday, July 1st
    7:30pm Est

• rush1228

• mizzoutigers48

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Who else is going to be at the race?

• dbullsfan

I’ll be there on Saturday, hoping to get into town early and spend all day at the track

• billholler

I already faded Jr.

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@mizzoutigers48 said...

Who else is going to be at the race?

I’ll be there Thursday, Friday, Saturday

• dbullsfan

I’ll be the fat white guy in a Nascar shirt drinking a beer

• billholler

@dbullsfan said...

I’ll be the fat white guy in a Nascar shirt drinking a beer

That narrowed it down to 90% of the people in attendance.

• depalma13

I’ll be working our station’s booth on Saturday at fan fest. Don’t know if I’m staying for the race.

• Genghis_Khan

Wow Jr at $10.3k, behind only Kes. That’s nuts. Lot’s of value in $9k range.

• billholler

@Genghis_Khan said...

Wow Jr at $10.3k, behind only Kes. That’s nuts. Lot’s of value in $9k range.

Just gives me another 10.3 reasons to fade him.

• dbullsfan

I’ll be keeping an eye on Brendan Gaughan in practice if he starts back of the field he is someone I will have interest in also Ryan Newman seems crazy low at 6700

• celtics2448

I’ve done really well in the past at plate tracks on DK in the past, but does anybody really put any weight into the practice speeds here? They race in huge packs, but in practice they’re generally just teammates and affiliated teams drafting with each other? I get checking to see if Jeffrey Earnhardt is 3 mph slower than Landon Cassill but even that’s a reach if the small teams do the same in practice, but besides that is there any value to researching at all here?

• billholler

@dbullsfan said...

I’ll be keeping an eye on Brendan Gaughan in practice if he starts back of the field he is someone I will have interest in

Well since his average starting position the last 7 years is 35th, pretty safe bet that he qualifies towards the back.

• dbullsfan

either I didn’t realize he had so much experience or I was thinking of someone else but I’ll probably have some anyway since most of my teams will be from 30-38 starting spots

• rush1228

@dbullsfan said...

either I didn’t realize he had so much experience or I was thinking of someone else but I’ll probably have some anyway since most of my teams will be from 30-38 starting spots

He only has 4 starts at Daytona and 2 of those was in 2004.In those 4 he started 17,12,43, and 39th in the 500 this year.

• tarheel66

One week in daytona, with nights spent at the poker tables

• DefinitelyMiami

@dbullsfan said...

since most of my teams will be from 30-38 starting spots

Nothing says good times like a Sorenson/Jeff Earnhardt/Gaughan/Seig core.

Im betting “most of your teams” wont be starting that far back unless half the field doesnt get through tech

• dbullsfan

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Nothing says good times like a Sorenson/Jeff Earnhardt/Gaughan/Seig core.

Im betting “most of your teams” wont be starting that far back unless half the field doesnt get through tech

Yea most of was probably strong depending on qualifying although it seems NASCAR or the team’s has done a much better job getting everyone through the last few races

• bigperm0107

@celtics2448 said...

I’ve done really well in the past at plate tracks on DK in the past, but does anybody really put any weight into the practice speeds here? They race in huge packs, but in practice they’re generally just teammates and affiliated teams drafting with each other? I get checking to see if Jeffrey Earnhardt is 3 mph slower than Landon Cassill but even that’s a reach if the small teams do the same in practice, but besides that is there any value to researching at all here?

good question. I am hoping someone answers because I would like to know also.

• rlmc8402

Daytona is tough…there are 25 drivers that could win this race! EVEN Jr..? Is everyone really thinking of fading him? All Hendrick cars need to be in a lineup or 2 don’t ya think?

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@rlmc8402 said...

Daytona is tough…there are 25 drivers that could win this race! EVEN Jr..? Is everyone really thinking of fading him? All Hendrick cars need to be in a lineup or 2 don’t ya think?

It depends where he qualifies. Seems crazy that he is the co-favorite to win the race the way he’s been driving. I know it’s a restrictor plate race where he’s always done well, but even this year he finished 37th at Daytona (was unlucky as Kyle took him out) and 22nd at Talladega. He’s led 10 laps all season. He has 1 top 5 finish where he squeaked into 5th at Texas. He’s just been awful this season (22nd in points).

If I thought he would be low owned, I would roster him some this week. But it’s Dale Jr. at a restrictor plate track so I assume people will still pick him. But again, it depends where he qualifies as well.

• rlmc8402

@Stewburtx8 said...

It depends where he qualifies. Seems crazy that he is the co-favorite to win the race the way he’s been driving. I know it’s a restrictor plate race where he’s always done well, but even this year he finished 37th at Daytona (was unlucky as Kyle took him out) and 22nd at Talladega. He’s led 10 laps all season. He has 1 top 5 finish where he squeaked into 5th at Texas. He’s just been awful this season (22nd in points).

If I thought he would be low owned, I would roster him some this week. But it’s Dale Jr. at a restrictor plate track so I assume people will still pick him. But again, it depends where he qualifies as well.

I agree and disagree. Yes he has been terrible this year, BUT ran well last week? I tend to think desire will play a huge roll in this race. His last race at this track…last chance to log a win for the Earnhardt name at Daytona…I believe he would cut off a testicle to win this race so I expect him to be a factor…just sayin? If he is up front with 20 to go, you can bet he will blocking his ass off!

• Stewburtx8

@celtics2448 said...

I’m hardly a Nascar expert but I will probably put very little stock in practice times for Daytona.

Qualifying, track history and game theory will probably be the biggest factors for me.

• Stewburtx8

@rlmc8402 said...

I agree and disagree. Yes he has been terrible this year, BUT ran well last week? I tend to think desire will play a huge roll in this race. His last race at this track…last chance to log a win for the Earnhardt name at Daytona…I believe he would cut off a testicle to win this race so I expect him to be a factor…just sayin? If he is up front with 20 to go, you can bet he will blocking his ass off!

I wouldn’t say he ran that well last week but maybe a 6th place finish gives him some confidence. But he basically just found himself on the right pit strategy last week and backed his way into 6th place.

It took me a while to come around to it but billholler has been saying for a while that Jr. is driving scared. I think he’s right.

This is a wide open race and he has good track history so it would not shock me if he finishes well. But I would not have him in my top 5 drivers I want to use this week (maybe not top 10) unless qualifying/ownership dictates it.

• celtics2448

I remember seeing winning lineups for the Coke Zero 400 and Whatever It’s Called This Year 500 at Talladega when i was studying for the Daytona 500 and 125s and they were just nuts, they must’ve maxed out the game and been $7000 under salary. It was something like #2, #22, #38, #34, #62, #55 last year. I tried it and it got me 1st place in a small GPP for the 125s but it backfired when i tried doing the same for Talladega and Daytona 500 this year, so god knows what i’m going to end up doing with my lineups. Maybe i’ll just have my 2 year old daughter pick them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).