• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES AT KENTUCKY
    Kentucky Speedway

Saturday, July 8th
    7:30PM Est

• CAMFAN11

Had truex Larson and kyle in all 26 lineups on the beast. Finish 180 played 220. Bayne and Kahne hurt me. Sucks to have the nuts but still lose 40 bucks.

• bigperm0107

@JimKronlund said...

5 line ups X $4 = $20 (cost)
    Win $70 so only a net of $50 bucks.

still good. congrats.

• cy1985

@JimKronlund said...

5 line ups X $4 = $20 (cost)
    Win $70 so only a net of $50 bucks.

Won $2 tonight net. 25 times better than my effort.

• JimKronlund

Its just so hard to win at Nascar.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@cy1985 said...

Won $2 tonight net. 25 times better than my effort.

Nice job Cy!

• yellowdart24

I’ve been crushing NASCAR for awhile now. The key is to lock in the dominator cars and worry less about place diff. I knew Truex and Busch were going to dominate so there was little reason to have heavy pivots on brad JJ harvick or even Chase or Blaney bc they just weren’t going to have many chances to lead. Truex and Kyle have been crushing bonus points all season. Then you got a gift with Larson so half the lineup built itself. From there, you just needed to play around with having Newman, Kahne, Dillon, and Jones in the mid tier and fill in with Ty, AJ, Patrick, Cassill, Ragan and you should be good. The best lineup was Truex Busch Larson Jones Patrick Cassill. I had all of them but went Austin over Jones and never went back to cover with Jones which cost me winning which ever gpp that would have been entered into. My biggest advice to those struggling is if Truex and Busch are starting out front on a track like this don’t get cute. I mentioned earlier about playing it safe with using the big 3 but people seem to get in their own way. Now yes, no one of them had issues but you can’t predict wrecks. Also, there were no studs that had great place differential besides Larson so it was all about loading up front and just filling in with what fit. I was up tonight but it could have been much more if I didn’t over expose to Ty and Kahne.

• yellowdart24

My buddy won the $4, $8 twice and $27 gpp. All because he covered himself with Truex Busch Larson Cassill Patrick Jones. Kicking myself I didn’t have it too.

• cy1985

@Cooper08 said...

Nice job Cy!

Min cashing a $4 single entry is not worth a compliment, but thank you Cooper. Hope you won something tonight.

• cy1985

@yellowdart24 said...

I’ve been crushing NASCAR for awhile now. The key is to lock in the dominator cars and worry less about place diff. I knew Truex and Busch were going to dominate so there was little reason to have heavy pivots on brad JJ harvick or even Chase or Blaney bc they just weren’t going to have many chances to lead. Truex and Kyle have been crushing bonus points all season. Then you got a gift with Larson so half the lineup built itself. From there, you just needed to play around with having Newman, Kahne, Dillon, and Jones in the mid tier and fill in with Ty, AJ, Patrick, Cassill, Ragan and you should be good. The best lineup was Truex Busch Larson Jones Patrick Cassill. I had all of them but went Austin over Jones and never went back to cover with Jones which cost me winning which ever gpp that would have been entered into. My biggest advice to those struggling is if Truex and Busch are starting out front on a track like this don’t get cute. I mentioned earlier about playing it safe with using the big 3 but people seem to get in their own way. Now yes, no one of them had issues but you can’t predict wrecks. Also, there were no studs that had great place differential besides Larson so it was all about loading up front and just filling in with what fit. I was up tonight but it could have been much more if I didn’t over expose to Ty and Kahne.

I had the 3, but I struggled with the rest of the lineup. Had Kurt/Ragan/McDowell. I considered Danica. I never considered Jones or Cassill.

• JimKronlund

@yellowdart24 said...

I’ve been crushing NASCAR for awhile now. The key is to lock in the dominator cars and worry less about place diff.

Yeah its a little more difficult than your hindsight bias review.
    I noticed you dont show your stats in your profile.
    So there is that.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@cy1985 said...

Min cashing a $4 single entry is not worth a compliment, but thank you Cooper. Hope you won something tonight.

Nah, lost $13.50 but happy with that as my Truex fade did not work…

• cy1985

@Cooper08 said...

Nah, lost $13.50 but happy with that as my Truex fade did not work…

Treux is the man. Will never fade him.

• yellowdart24

How do I show my stats in my profile? I’ve been a member for years and never heard about stats. If you’re talking about rankings it’s all about volume so that’s why you’ll see all the studs up top. I have nothing to prove to you. Just look up yellowdart24 whenever you want to lose. Just look at the comments before the race and you’ll see I said the EXACT same strategy. Don’t get mad bc you’re bad.

• billholler

@JimKronlund said...

So there is that.

Says the same every week so I just ignore him. Didn’t take a genius to know that Larson, Busch and Truex were going to be the highest scorers barring a wreck or some fluke engine issue.

I had 100 lineups that all had Busch and Larson with 70% Truex. Still barely broke even for the day. Danica was the one that I fought myself over and ended up with almost no exposure. She of course makes it into the winning lineups.

• Genghis_Khan

@billholler said...

I had 100 lineups that all had Busch and Larson with 70% Truex. Still barely broke even for the day. Danica was the one that I fought myself over and ended up with almost no exposure.

Very similar situation here. I actually had Danica in about 10-15 lineups and swapped her out of most. Though I guess it’s partially the fault of my own prejudice; whenever I consider her I’m like “Nah, chicks don’t know how to drive.”

Though if there was ever a good day not to win, it was today. That 22-way tie for first should only bring in about $5k a piece.

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@billholler said...

Says the same every week so I just ignore him. Didn’t take a genius to know that Larson, Busch and Truex were going to be the highest scorers barring a wreck or some fluke engine issue.

I had 100 lineups that all had Busch and Larson with 70% Truex. Still barely broke even for the day. Danica was the one that I fought myself over and ended up with almost no exposure. She of course makes it into the winning lineups.

Yea, thank goodness we have yellowdart to tell us what the good plays were… after the race.

And I’d be happy to take any of yellowdarts H2H action (guess I could’ve missed it, but I haven’t seen that username in any of my tourneys, H2Hs, or other cash gms)

• JimKronlund

Point being, there are ways to disseminate knowledge without sounding superior. I am sure intentions are for the good, but we must remember there are a lot of sharp cats in here. Adding information must be done in a manner that allows people to mull over, not to be told to.
    By the way I was ranked 76th last year. I had 5 LU’s tonight and got a 33rd. But to be honest I am a terrible player that has been way more lucky then knowledgeable or skilled.

• superstars92

Wow, NASCAR is hard or everyone has the same thinking. I had only 3 lineups, but even the one that had the core of Truex/Kyle Busch/Larson/Cassill (which is 4 of the 6 in the winning GPP lineup) finished for like only 35 dollars off of 8 dollars because I had like Newman/AJ as my other 2. It seems like a lot of people had that same 4 man core, so it didn’t even matter that I got 4 of the 6 right. Usually, in other sports, if you have that good of a core, it’s like at least 10x cash, not 4-5x.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@superstars92 said...

Wow, NASCAR is hard or everyone has the same thinking. I had only 3 lineups, but even the one that had the core of Truex/Kyle Busch/Larson/Cassill (which is 4 of the 6 in the winning GPP lineup) finished for like only 35 dollars off of 8 dollars because I had like Newman/AJ as my other 2. It seems like a lot of people had that same 4 man core, so it didn’t even matter that I got 4 of the 6 right. Usually, in other sports, if you have that good of a core, it’s like at least 10x cash, not 4-5x.

You have to remember in other sports there are hundreds of players you can roster. In NASCAR only 40. Thus why you see so many dup lineups.. just thinking out loud but if you finish top 500 in a big NASCAR GPP there may only be 50-60 unique lineups. Don’t know if that’s exact numbers just using to show point that there are many ties in NASCAR.

• superstars92

@Cooper08 said...

You have to remember in other sports there are hundreds of players you can roster. In NASCAR only 40. Thus why you see so many dup lineups.. just thinking out loud but if you finish top 500 in a big NASCAR GPP there may only be 50-60 unique lineups. Don’t know if that’s exact numbers just using to show point that there are many ties in NASCAR.

Yea I agree with that. I see that the first place in the 8 dollar tourney had like 21 or so ties. They each didn’t win 50k, but I guess they still split a good portion of the first 21 spots, which is probably like 5k-6k or so (just estimating off the top of my head – don’t know exact payout number).

I don’t really play NASCAR that much, but is this most times the case? Has there been a single unique lineup that has won a large NASCAR GPP this year? I imagine it would have to have left a lot of money off the table, but even that, I assume it might have dupes.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@superstars92 said...

Yea I agree with that. I see that the first place in the 8 dollar tourney had like 21 or so ties. They each didn’t win 50k, but I guess they still split a good portion of the first 21 spots, which is probably like 5k-6k or so (just estimating off the top of my head – don’t know exact payout number).

I don’t really play NASCAR that much, but is this most times the case? Has there been a single unique lineup that has won a large NASCAR GPP this year? I imagine it would have to have left a lot of money off the table, but even that, I assume it might have dupes.

Guessing off top of head I would say the big gpp’s have been shared half the time this year, just a guess but yes it happens frequently in big gpp’s.

• garbage9922

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@JimKronlund said...

Its just so hard to win at Nascar.

It is difficult, however, I think it is more plausible to win a huge NASCAR gpp than it is in the major sports. It’s very possible to hit the perfect lineup or just be slightly off. It is nearly impossible to do this in the sports with hundreds of players, so much so that I think there have been NFL contests where you win a million dollars for creating the perfect lineup (and I don’t recall ever hearing about someone winning one of these).

• rush1228

@JimKronlund said...

So there is that.

His biggest win in nascar in 2016 was for $75

• depalma13

@superstars92 said...

Has there been a single unique lineup that has won a large NASCAR GPP this year? I imagine it would have to have left a lot of money off the table, but even that, I assume it might have dupes.

Yes, many times, including just last week. That lineup did leave lots of money on the table. When I won earlier this year, I think I left a couple hundred. It was a unique lineup.

• Element828

I agree….fantasy nascar is very frustrating…i knew truex had a fast car…i knew busch was fast in practice and was good at this track but they both qualified 1-2….which limits their upside cause the only way they will make you points is if they lead laps and fastest laps and what did i do? I tried to go cute and bet that they mess up or get caught up in a wreck and fall back in the field N with them being At least 40-50% owned i would have had the advantage…instead of thinking….well i know they will lead some laps and should stay towards the top during the race….and fit both with larson then just fill out your lineup with place differntional plays….o well on to next week….

But i do got to say….erik jones is really a good driver for being a rookie and as long as he stays around the high 7000s and low 8000s price range hes going to be a driver to look at each week as long he shows speed in practice…

Also…it seems like truex and larson are the best drivers in nascar and should be in consideration for your lineups every week…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).