• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES AT POCONO
    Pocono Raceway

Sunday, June 11th
    3:00pm Est

• bigdaddies

@billholler said...

Speaking of nauseating, we should have an online RG drinking game. We pick an alcoholic beverage and we all take a shot every time his skin tone is mentioned. Whoever can still type at the end of the race is either an alcoholic or a liar.

Bill, I would do this! LOL

• zhood14

It probably had more to do with the truck series racing in Texas and the cup series in Pocono than what happened last week

• DefinitelyMiami

@billholler said...

Smith was only $6100 last week while Wallace will be $6200 in his 1st chase race?

Chase Race? Playoffs havent started yet.

• billholler

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Chase Race? Playoffs havent started yet.

A NASCAR race that involves points. I will be more specific next time just for you.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

Hard to get too much into lineups before qualifying but early research has me eyeing guys I don’t normally roster like Hamlin, Kurt Busch, Jr., and Logano. I’m also hoping Buescher screws up qualifying and ends up late 20’s early 30’s

• MurphysLawl

Alright, so does this forum too have a league on DK that I could join?

“Band_Of_Idiots” is my username.

Anyway, about Pocono (my backyard actually), first person that comes to mind is Truex and the Toyota’s. They’ve been dominate. Also, Keselowski as well. I do believe SHR is due for win and Kurt is the defending race winner.

• yellowdart24

The pricing this week is a joke. Ragan and McDowell are super cheap for their ability. We’ll have to see how qualifying goes but it’s very easy to get Truex, JJ, Larson, and Harvick into your lu’s. I will say this about Pocono. It can be very random at times but you still need to have the dominate car. It’s not like a plate track where you only want guys starting towards the back. Finishing position might mean the most so a balanced lineup wouldn’t be a bad idea if you can figure out exactly which of the studs will dominate and not load up on all of them. As some have commented, bc finishing position means more than usual, you can go from hero to zero in just the final lap bc only 1 car will have the bonus points and the rest will rely only on where they finish.

• yellowdart24

Also weather looks perfect for this weekend which is a minor miracle at this track. I’ve been petitioning for a dome around this track for years 😉

• bigdaddies

@billholler said...

A NASCAR race that involves points. I will be more specific next time just for you.

Remind me not to piss you off Bill!

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

They’re replacing Smith because of money, Regan Smith is a veteran driver, but they’re sponsors will get a lot more air time and media with Bubba Wallace. I think someone said something about why Bubba Wallace, and I don’t understand why not. Bubba Wallace is a better driver than Ryan Reed, and those are the two young guys I can think of when it comes to Ford. He has 7 top ten finishes in 11 races this season in the XFINITY series.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

Unless he is all the way in the back I think I’ll finally be off Ragan this week. He is becoming super chalky and I don’t see it going down much this week. It was a nice run with the 38

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@stevietpfl said...

They’re replacing Smith because of money, Regan Smith is a veteran driver, but they’re sponsors will get a lot more air time and media with Bubba Wallace. I think someone said something about why Bubba Wallace, and I don’t understand why not. Bubba Wallace is a better driver than Ryan Reed, and those are the two young guys I can think of when it comes to Ford. He has 7 top ten finishes in 11 races this season in the XFINITY series.

I for one am hoping he qualifies mid 20’s and people own him due to shiny new toy syndrome because I’m not touching him. He didn’t even finish well in the xfinity race at Pocono last year p17 I believe

• bigdaddies

I have my tarot cards out to pick this race!

• RedStorm25

Ford wanted Bubba Wallace in the 43. That’s why he’s in there instead of Regan Smith. He’s a talented driver who has won races in the truck series and he has been super consistent in Xfinity this year. He deserves the chance to show what he can do in the Cup Series.

• bigdaddies

@RedStorm25 said...

Ford wanted Bubba Wallace in the 43. That’s why he’s in there instead of Regan Smith. He’s a talented driver who has won races in the truck series and he has been super consistent in Xfinity this year. He deserves the chance to show what he can do in the Cup Series.

I will have some shares because he may help me win some mulah! Haters, proceed at your own risk!!!!!

• mwgdfs

@billholler said...

owned lol

• RedStorm25

@bigdaddies said...

I will have some shares because he may help me win some mulah! Haters, proceed at your own risk!!!!!

As will I at his cheap price of $6200. Hopefully he qualifies around 30th place.

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@dbullsfan said...

I for one am hoping he qualifies mid 20’s and people own him due to shiny new toy syndrome because I’m not touching him. He didn’t even finish well in the xfinity race at Pocono last year p17 I believe

He started 40th and finished 16th. I hope nobody plays him this weekend.

• billholler

@stevietpfl said...

He is going to have to qualify 30th or worse to find his way into any of my lineups and even then it will be very limited exposure.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@stevietpfl said...

Moving up in the xfinity, especially in good equipment isn’t the same as moving up in the cup series with alright equipment. That being said even I would take Stevie’s word over mine way more often than not

• bigdaddies

ditto

• CAMFAN11

JR starting in the rear now ? will he attempt to qualify?

• BigBairyHalls

@CAMFAN11 said...

JR starting in the rear now ? will he attempt to qualify?

This from his twitter

NASCAR prefers we make a qualifying attempt even though we start last. So I’ll make 1 lap in race setup trying to learn for tomorrow.

• billholler

@dbullsfan said...

Moving up in the xfinity, especially in good equipment isn’t the same as moving up in the cup series with alright equipment. That being said even I would take Stevie’s word over mine way more often than not

I just take into consideration what Stevie says while I ignore others. In the end, I trust Bill’s opinion more than anyone else’s and Bill’s opinion is that Stevie is wrong. Bill knows he has been wrong before but as long as Bill continue to refer to himself in the 3rd person, he will always be correct.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@billholler said...

I just take into consideration what Stevie says while I ignore others. In the end, I trust Bill’s opinion more than anyone else’s and Bill’s opinion is that Stevie is wrong. Bill knows he has been wrong before but as long as Bill continue to refer to himself in the 3rd person, he will always be correct.

I hope you or others didn’t take my post the wrong way. Stevie is just one of many people that I respect and take the opinion of when it comes to Nascar, including you Bill. While I am having a pretty good season myself, I am still fairly new to Nascar DFS and am just trying to help out others who may be starting up. In the end while I take on opinions and projections from others I create each of my lineups individually without just imputing an optimizer because I like to take my own personal opinions and combine them with what I learn from others and the thoughts of others. Despite him having a decent practice I’d still be leaning towards not playing Wallace this week because I don’t trust a guy making his debut at Pocono and don’t think he is an “elite” prospect that might fly under the radar if anything he may end up being over-owned just because of the media attention he is garnering.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).