• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES AT WATKINS GLEN
    Watkins Glen International

Sun, Aug 6
    3:00 PM ET

• dbullsfan

DK staying strong this week with the 350K beast for $8 and 80k chrome horn even on the road course

• tooleman56

Another frantic lineup-building Sunday on the way with qualifying at 12:05 p.m. EDT and contest lock at 3 p.m.

• rlmc8402

@tooleman56 said...

Another frantic lineup-building Sunday on the way with qualifying at 12:05 p.m. EDT and contest lock at 3 p.m.

Makes it exciting…no time to overthink it!

• sonic999

Dinger 8,800? Finished 4th last year but still seems excessively priced. Is this a Boris Said week? Wish he could get a decent car on these road courses.

• osuryanf

@sonic999 said...

Dinger 8,800? Finished 4th last year but still seems excessively priced. Is this a Boris Said week? Wish he could get a decent car on these road courses.

I was shocked to see Dinger at 8800… and I’m glad Jones price dropped, but 6500 puts him down in scrub range.

Still can’t figure out why Truex isn’t atleast 11k+, but whatever.

• dbullsfan

Yea Stenhouse at 6k is insane too, should be interesting but not much lineup building until qualifying

• sonic999

Truex and Kyle Busch vastly underpriced every single week. Makes lus easy to make but its easy for everyone. Like to see DK make it alot tougher to fit three top guys, seems a little FD-ish to have so many top players in same lu. Regardless, my first year playing Nascar and its fun as hell.

• ClemsonAce

@osuryanf said...

Still can’t figure out why Truex isn’t atleast 11k+, but whatever.

i don’t think he is a top 3 or even a top 5 driver at this track… Kyle Busch should be the one priced in the 11k range.

• osuryanf

@ClemsonAce said...

i don’t think he is a top 3 or even a top 5 driver at this track… Kyle Busch should be the one priced in the 11k range.

Sure, the track matters I agree. But he’s been dominating week in and week out, just can’t figure out why his price stays where it’s at.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@sonic999 said...

Dinger is the 7th betting favorite to win the race. Pricing him as the 10th highest priced driver seems perfectly fine.

It’s a road course which is pretty much Dinger’s only chance to win a race and sneak in the chase. Unfortunately for him a lot of the regulars have been coached by ringers over the years and have got a lot better at road courses. But Dinger will do everything he can to try to win this race. Which means he could easily crash out early or have a top 3-5 finish.

His last 6 races here have been 4th, 24th, 1st, 10th, 8th, 4th.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@ClemsonAce said...

Agree with this, although Truex is still the 2nd betting favorite behind Kyle. But his history here isn’t anything great

• thetitanlb

Danica is way way way too cheap

• bigdaddies

Danica Danica, Attica Attica, LOL LOL

• RedStorm25

@dbullsfan said...

Yea Stenhouse at 6k is insane too, should be interesting but not much lineup building until qualifying

Cheap price, but Stenhouse has historically been bad at road courses. His best finish at the Glen is 18th which came in his rookie year.

• bwc28

Not understanding how truex is getting attention being the highest priced driver on a course where he only has 3 top 5’s out of 11 races, he’s even tied as the vegas favorite with busch, why?

• bigdaddies

@bwc28 said...

Not understanding how truex is getting attention being the highest priced driver on a course where he only has 3 top 5’s out of 11 races, he’s even tied as the vegas favorite with busch, why?

Agreed. I don’t get it at all. I am fading him this week.

• dbullsfan

I am most likely fading Truex as well depending on qualifying and practice but be careful not to use entire course history with Truex anywhere. He has just been a completely different driver the past 2 years and especially this year.

• BigBairyHalls

Bunch of spins in practice so far. Danika, Jr, Johnson, the 23 car with damage. Jimmie ended up with front end against the wall but don’t think he hit hard at all. Car looked ok

• dbullsfan

new down force package allowing for more speed appears to be the main cause for most of these spins, amazing to think they can be peaking at 170 mph at a road course.

• dbullsfan

if practice 1 is any indication than roster construction may need to look like that of Daytona/Dega. A lot of spins and cautions with the different pit strategies here could end up with all kinds of different cars toward the front at the end.

• dbullsfan

Earnhardt jr, Lajoie, Jimmie, Danika, and Kurt Busch all with spins during the first practice, Kyle/Truex with the top 2 speeds (shocker there). The surprise time in the top 10 is Erik Jones at #5 but like with last week be careful how much you put into the practice times blindly because some cars may have posted laps in qualifying trim and some in race trim so don’t be alarmed just because you see someone like Almendinger back in 22nd.

• depalma13

@dbullsfan said...

new down force package allowing for more speed appears to be the main cause for most of these spins, amazing to think they can be peaking at 170 mph at a road course.

They used to go over 200mph, but after J.D. McDuffie was killed they added the inner loop to slow them down.

• dbullsfan

@depalma13 said...

They used to go over 200mph, but after J.D. McDuffie was killed they added the inner loop to slow them down.

wow, that is insane. they showed an entire couple laps with Kenseth which was really cool and he peaked at 179 so I imagine the guys at the top of the speed charts probably touched 180. A lot of pressure on the brakes

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@ClemsonAce said...

Truex was running second going into the last turn when Brad K dumped him, fwiw

Kyle Larson also had a bad wreck on the final turn last year.

• dbullsfan

@stevietpfl said...

Truex was running second going into the last turn when Brad K dumped him, fwiw

Kyle Larson also had a bad wreck on the final turn last year.

Truex also has the 5th highest average finish at the Glen among current drivers with more than 1 race at the track. If he ends up being less than 20% than my thoughts on fading him change. That being said it all depends on qualifying.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).