NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• dbullsfan

Big race Sunday afternoon/night, no thread???? getting caught up on practice right now although 99% of the coverage so far is nothing about this weeks actual race and only about the damn paint schemes and throwbacks. If it wasn’t for the scroll at the top I wouldn’t even know who had the fastest laps.

• sonic999

Probably our last shot at the 50k this season with NFL starting up, might as well go all out.

• tmquint11

Can’t wait for this race! It’s been a long two weeks and my bankroll can’t handle anymore baseball.

• dbullsfan

constructing a lineup seems really hard this week, feel like its the first time in awhile ive said that. even the losing week ive known who all my core plays are but this week its Harvick, Larson, and ????

• tmquint11

Southern 500!
    Let’s get it going

• tmquint11

@dbullsfan said...

constructing a lineup seems really hard this week, feel like its the first time in awhile ive said that. even the losing week ive known who all my core plays are but this week its Harvick, Larson, and ????

Messed around today and had the same thoughts. But every week I have a panic that I forgot how to make a lineup.
    Harvick Hamlin Buescher

• tmquint11

Doing 20 LU this week. I narrowed my pool down earlier today. Harvick Truex Busch Larson! Hamlin!! Gotta figure out how to divide them up.

I can’t stomach the punt plays like Jeff Earnhardt or Corey lajoie etc so it’s gonna be hard.

Typically the way I make lineups I end up over exposed to the 2-3 sub 7k drivers I can stomach and under exposed to the top because i can’t get them all in the same lineup

• Element828

Looking at track history im liking Larson…Harvick and Hamlin…But with Busch and Truex qualifying 2-3 its going to be hard to know who pulls out in the lead first and leads the first segment..Im having trouble deciding on what place differntional plays to do….im liking newman and kahne in the mid price range then buecher..allmendinger and McDowell in the 6000 range but I dont feel safe about any of those guys….and then as a super punt I think Carl Long is a good play…only $4500 and starting 40th….cant get you negative points and if he can just stay on the track and move up to 25th-30th from the cars who go to the garage..he could be in the winning lineup if you get denominators right…should be a pretty good race though with some good paint schemes…good luck to everybody!!

• dbullsfan

@tmquint11 said...

Doing 20 LU this week. I narrowed my pool down earlier today. Harvick Truex Busch Larson! Hamlin!! Gotta figure out how to divide them up.

I can’t stomach the punt plays like Jeff Earnhardt or Corey lajoie etc so it’s gonna be hard.

Typically the way I make lineups I end up over exposed to the 2-3 sub 7k drivers I can stomach and under exposed to the top because i can’t get them all in the same lineup

yea the over exposure at the bottom is making me a bit nervous, I really don’t like anything low. I will be high on Mcdowell, Danica, Dinger, Buescher, Cassill, and Ragan, mainly the first 4 and more like sprinkles of the last 2. I also have way too much Ryan Newman like 75% so I have to figure out a way to move some of those shares but everyone else around him isn’t a good play or has burned me too much (JR/Kahne) in GPP’s. I will end up with too much Austin Dillon because of this

• JTHoosier93

Interesting race after qualifying. Four fastest cars Truex, Ky Busch, Harvick, Larson all vying for dominating points starting 1,2,3,4. Wonder what ownership % would be without picking one of them?

• Element828

Which combo do yall like better?

Larson, Kahne and Carl long
    Or
    Elliot, Buescher and McDowell?

• depalma13

@Element828 said...

then as a super punt I think Carl Long is a good play…only $4500 and starting 40th

He completed 5 laps in the first practice and 6 laps in the final practice. He is probably going to score 0 points this week. You can use him to build lineups that get you the top 3 drivers and hope none of them crash out before lap 10. I can’t see him finishing any better than 38th at best.

• psteveo

Thoughts on Danica and Suarez this week?

• Element828

@depalma13 said...

He completed 5 laps in the first practice and 6 laps in the final practice. He is probably going to score 0 points this week. You can use him to build lineups that get you the top 3 drivers and hope none of them crash out before lap 10. I can’t see him finishing any better than 38th at best.

Yeah after thinking about it I dont think him and any of the super punts are good plays. This is a tricky track and I think these cars starting in the back get lapped quickly if not wreck and leave the race. Anyone below McDowell at $6100 is a risk inless you think Cassill and Whit can move up some

• Element828

@psteveo said...

Thoughts on Danica and Suarez this week?

I really like Suarez…think he finishes in the top 10…but don’t really like Danica. This is not a good track for her…it is tempting cause she is starting 33rd but I dont see her making it past 20th-25th…i like Buescher, Allmendinger and McDowell better if you are looking for someone in that range

• depalma13

@Element828 said...

Yeah after thinking about it I dont think him and any of the super punts are good plays. This is a tricky track and I think these cars starting in the back get lapped quickly if not wreck and leave the race. Anyone below McDowell at $6100 is a risk inless you think Cassill and Whit can move up some

I plan on building a few lineups with him, 4 or 5 tops.

• depalma13

I have a lot of exposure to Junior this week. Looks like he has a top ten car in speed, just need him to stay out of trouble.

• psteveo

A Dillon qualified too high to be a good play?

• Element828

@depalma13 said...

I plan on building a few lineups with him, 4 or 5 tops.

Yeah he is in my lineup

• Element828

@psteveo said...

A Dillon qualified too high to be a good play?

Yes

• tristanwolf

suarez with a litle extra incentive to do well maybe since subway dropped him?

• dbullsfan

@Element828 said...

Yes

risky play, I’d say. If the race has long periods of green flag runs than I think he has a really good shot at a top 10 (back end) as his car has been better on long runs in practice and while in a different car he was more comfortable on long runs in the xfinity race. He likes this track and has finally shown some speed this weekend. It will probably crush me but I’ll have about 20% Austin this week and just hope he is under 12-13% although he always seems to find a way to be owned higher than that.

• Element828

@dbullsfan said...

risky play, I’d say. If the race has long periods of green flag runs than I think he has a really good shot at a top 10 (back end) as his car has been better on long runs in practice and while in a different car he was more comfortable on long runs in the xfinity race. He likes this track and has finally shown some speed this weekend. It will probably crush me but I’ll have about 20% Austin this week and just hope he is under 12-13% although he always seems to find a way to be owned higher than that.

That the thing….I like Dillion and he showed some speed in 2nd practice by coming out in 8th but I think thats where he stays if anything…8th-13th and thats not going to pay off his salary or put him in the winning lineup…if you are playing him, you are wanting him to get top 3 and lead some laps, which is possible but i just dont think he does….if he was starting late teens or early 20s i would like him more…but with drivers like bowyer newman johnson and elliot behind him I just think there is more risk then reward and he could just stay in the 15th-20th range..but if you are doing multiple lineups n gpps…sure…throw him in a lineup…like you said if it stays green laps he could make it to the front and im sure his ownership will be less then 5%

• tmquint11

@Element828 said...

Which combo do yall like better?

Larson, Kahne and Carl long
    Or
    Elliot, Buescher and McDowell?

I think I like the Larson lineup best of those choices

• tmquint11

@depalma13 said...

I have a lot of exposure to Junior this week. Looks like he has a top ten car in speed, just need him to stay out of trouble.

Junior is damn frustrating. Every week I say I’m fading him and he finds his way into some LU because of qualifying so far back. Crashes and ends up ruining my day

• Element828

@tmquint11 said...

I think I like the Larson lineup best of those choices

Yeah it could be better but im going to roll with the elliot combo…like everyone has said Long will probably go no higher then 38th and that score would kill my lineup…i do think elliot buesher and McDowell has good potential for point differntional…its just scary not going to have Larson Busch or truex in the lineup but i think harvick dominates most of the race and I am pretty high on hamlin and think he can get up there and lead some laps

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).