Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sun, Feb 18
    2:30 PM ET

DAYTONA 500
    Daytona International Speedway

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – Nascar strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• blackj414

@Thechamp1995 said...

Larson didn’t even hit anything, literally no damage

He def hit the wall with the nose of his car his crew chief told him to take it to the garage

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

@blackj414 said...

He def hit the wall with the nose of his car his crew chief told him to take it to the garage

Damnit your right

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Wonder how many lineups start with Kes, Larson and JJ this Sunday…going to be several dups in a restrictor race which hasn’t really happened before. Salary may actually be an issue with this restrictor plate race.

• slicktornewman

I’m always up for some racing but that tonight was just plain boring. 58 laps of mundane and 2 laps of racing.

• BigRay

Just made my 500 line-up….Jimmy fits in so easy but can he not wreck at Daytona? Like I think the last 6 races there he is DNF

• gje627

For Draftkings scoring purposes, the starting grid for the Daytona 500 was finalized in last nights Can-Am Duels. As of early Friday morning, eight (8) drivers have confirmed they will be switching to back-up cars. Below, please find:

1. Official qualifying positions (used for Drafktings scoring purposes);

2. The current list of drivers going to back-up cars; and

3. The tentative new starting grid based on the shift of the drivers going to back-up cars and moving to the back of the field.

Again, the tentative starting positions are just that. The order of drivers moving to the back was calculated using NASCAR rules for determining race order when multiple cars are forced to use back-up cars. Additionally, there are three (3) remaining practices prior to Sunday’s race. Consequently, additional drivers may be forced to back-up cars before Sunday’s race. With that said, barring some unknown NASCAR/Draftkings rules nuance, the starting positions for Draftkings place differential scoring should NOT be subject to change prior to Sunday.

Official Starting Order (for Draftkings scoring purposes)

1) Alex Bowman 2) Denny Hamlin 3) Ryan Blaney 4) Chase Elliott 5) Joey Logano 6) Kevin Harvick 7) Darrell Wallace Jr 8) Erik Jones 9) Ricky Stenhouse Jr 10) Clint Bowyer 11) Kurt Busch 12) Kyle Busch 13) Ryan Newman 14) Austin Dillon 15) David Ragan 16) Paul Menard 17) Daniel Suarez 18) Trevor Bayne 19) Jamie McMurray 20) AJ Allmendinger 21) Chris Buescher 22) Michael McDowell 23) Ty Dillon 24) Martin Truex Jr 25) Brendan Gaughan 26) Kasey Kahne 27) Jeffrey Earnhardt 28) Danica Patrick 29) Justin Marks 30) DJ Kennington 31) Brad Keselowski 32) Corey LaJoie 33) William Byron 34) Gray Gaulding 35) Jimmie Johnson 36) Matt DiBenedetto 37) Aric Almirola 38) Kyle Larson 39) David Gilliland 40) Mark Thompson.

Drivers Moving to Backup Cars

1) Austin Dillon 2) Brad Keselowski 3) William Byron 4) Jimmie Johnson 5) Matt DiBenedetto 6) Aric Almirola 7) Kyle Larson 8) David Gilliland.

Revised Starting Order

1) Alex Bowman 2) Denny Hamlin 3) Ryan Blaney 4) Chase Elliott 5) Joey Logano 6) Kevin Harvick 7) Darrell Wallace Jr 8) Erik Jones 9) Ricky Stenhouse Jr 10) Clint Bowyer 11) Kurt Busch 12) Kyle Busch 13) Ryan Newman 14) David Ragan 15) Paul Menard 16) Daniel Suarez 17) Trevor Bayne 18) Jamie McMurray 19) AJ Allmendinger 20) Chris Buescher 21) Michael McDowell 22) Ty Dillon 23) Martin Truex Jr 24) Brendan Gaughan 25) Kasey Kahne 26) Jeffrey Earnhardt 27) Danica Patrick 28) Justin Marks 29) DJ Kennington 30) Corey LaJoie 31) Gray Gaulding 32) Mark Thompson 33) Brad Keselowski 34) Kyle Larson 35) Jimmie Johnson 36) Austin Dillon 37) William Byron 38) Aric Almirola 39) Matt DiBenedetto 40) David Gilliland.

If anyone has information about additional drivers moving to back-up cars and/or the revised starting grid, please feel free to correct information above.

• billholler

@BigRay said...

Just made my 500 line-up….Jimmy fits in so easy but can he not wreck at Daytona? Like I think the last 6 races there he is DNF

He finished 12th at the last Daytona race in July and 16th in 2016. Plus he won back to back in 2013.

• BigRay

I know he has had success there and has won from the back in the past. I guess it is recently bias because of big wreck last year and all the clash wrecks plus the dual wreck…

• billholler

@BigRay said...

I know he has had success there and has won from the back in the past. I guess it is recently bias because of big wreck last year and all the clash wrecks plus the dual wreck…

I totally understand. He and Larson prefer loose cars which is scary after watching how easy it was for Stenhouse to turn others cars without touching them.

• tristanwolf

anyone know if Stevie’s package includes xfinity info?

• scsa1998

@tristanwolf said...

He mentioned on the podcast on thursday he will not be doing a full write up for xfinity however he may add a line or two in the write up.

• billholler

@scsa1998 said...

He mentioned on the podcast on thursday he will not be doing a full write up for xfinity however he may add a line or two in the write up.

Xfinity for Daytona should be easy. Qualifying is tomorrow morning. Pick 6 drivers that are starting in the back half of the field.

• tristanwolf

good stuff thanks gje

• gje627

@tristanwolf said...

good stuff thanks gje

You’re welcome. :)

I might post some additional data and maybe even some more sophisticated statistical analysis tomorrow.

Daytona is a fun track to analyze !!

I screwed-up though…. I shouldn’t have started this thread simultaneous to the main RG Daytona 500 thread. I’m hoping they are able to consolidate what I have here with the main thread. If so, I will likely post more tomorrow. If not, I will probably just let this thread die and post more in the main thread for the race next week in Atlanta.

Good luck Sunday !!

• kirby34

Besides starting in the back, how much of a difference do backup cars make? Johnson and others that have backup cars worth a fade?

• hbomb57

I can’t remember if it was last year or year before but didn’t someone take 5 no name drivers from the back with the winner of the race spending only about 38000 and won the first prize money due to all of the wrecks.

• Epicsic

@tristanwolf said...

it doesnt and it doesnt include Lineup HQ from what im looking at so far.

• gje627

For the Daytona 500, there are 3,614,334 possible lineup combinations that fall within the $50,000 salary cap…. Obviously most are terrible so while this may be an interesting fact (trivia) it’s absolutely useless….

• tracermat

I followed a guy named Pierce last year and he was pretty sporty with his insight. I can’t seem to find him this year. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.

• bigwillie20

I see DK has a $1 single entry winner take all with $5k to first. Here is where my best entry will end up, winning 2nd place.

• futoo

Can’t find any good post qualifying advice anywhere.anyone have ideas?. Keselowski? Seems a no brainer unless I’m missing something

• billholler

@futoo said...

Can’t find any good post qualifying advice anywhere.anyone have ideas?. Keselowski? Seems a no brainer unless I’m missing something

Anyone that wants terrible Daytona DFS advice, just Google “Mike McClure Daytona fantasy advice”.

• billholler

And while you’re at it, check out Tom Bowles advice. He says do not target anyone in the top 15 starting spots and then proceeds to tell you 5 drivers to target that are all starting in the top 15 spots.

• Giez

@futoo said...

Pretty much

• Kevin

@kirby34 said...

Besides starting in the back, how much of a difference do backup cars make? Johnson and others that have backup cars worth a fade?

May have a backup car, but he’s already posting good speed with it. He practiced 5th in final practice today. Kes’ backup was 14th in last practice, which was close to what his other car was doing. Check out practices, and see if from one to the next, if they improved the car. It’s not always the case, but I think Jimmy and Brad will be fine.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).