NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• ifthethunder

There are three races at Daytona this weekend:

Xfinity Series Wawa 250 tonight

NASCAR Cup at Daytona tomorrow

Truck Series CarShield 200 on Sunday

If you like upside cars, Daytona is the place for you.
    ~

• ifthethunder

It appears that I will need to wroster Wrecky in a couple lineups. I’m as distressed as anyone.
    ~

• Moszman

Playing in the nxs $8 Hawkeye, only 2nd time playing NXS, so far survived all the wrecks but still not cashing.

• depalma13

My cars are gradually turning upside down.

• ifthethunder

I don’t usually do Xfin, but I threw a couple dimes at a lineup. 4 of 6 upside cars!
    ~

• Moszman

I have 2 now!

• depalma13

Cashed all of my double ups! Yeah!

• truegrinder

@ifthethunder said...

It appears that I will need to wroster Wrecky in a couple lineups. I’m as distressed as anyone.
    ~

And Jones too

• Kevin23242

Do we only look for place differential in tonight’s race

• Moszman

@Kevin23242 said...

Do we only look for place differential in tonight’s race

You just hope you survive wrecks, nothing else matters.

• ifthethunder

@Moszman said...

You just hope you survive wrecks, nothing else matters.

The truth,
    ~

• S7ubs

I think you start with drivers who start in the back and survive the early chaos.

• ifthethunder

@S7ubs said...

I think you start with drivers who start in the back and survive the early chaos.

Don’t misunderestimate the middle and late chaos.
    ~

• depalma13

The elimination of the air ducts on the cars at super speedways after Newman’s wreck makes a huge difference in these races.

Cars can no longer get that passing acceleration. Without that acceleration, the closing rates have dropped. When the front runners start blocking, the chasing cars aren’t closing as quickly and the leaders have time to make the effective block. Theoretically, this will stop the big one from happening.

Our only evidence is the last race at Talladega, and there was no big one and the best scoring cars were not just those that survive carnage. The cars that started in top 20 scored quite well.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@depalma13 said...

The elimination of the air ducts on the cars at super speedways after Newman’s wreck makes a huge difference in these races.

Cars can no longer get that passing acceleration. Without that acceleration, the closing rates have dropped. When the front runners start blocking, the chasing cars aren’t closing as quickly and the leaders have time to make the effective block. Theoretically, this will stop the big one from happening.

Our only evidence is the last race at Talladega, and there was no big one and the best scoring cars were not just those that survive carnage. The cars that started in top 20 scored quite well.

Yeah, place differential is still king, but maybe not all back end guys and leaving 10K on the table either. I won a GPP for Talladega that would have scored 2nd in the bigger front row contest. Only mentioning this to compare my line up and what did well, S is for started F is for finished:

Blaney- (S) 12 (F) 1
    Stenhouse – (S) 20 (F) 2
    Gaughan – (S) 39 (F) 21
    T. Dillon (S) 33 (F) 12
    Almirola (S) 15 (F) 3
    Buescher (S) 21 (F) 6

Still fits the usual traditional build. No guys in the top 5-10. 1 or 2 in the 10-20 range. A couple 20 guys and a couple 30 guys, which has pretty much been the formula.

• bigperm0107

Were the Xfinity cars set up the same way last night? There was plenty of crashing last night so I was just wondering if they were running the old setup or not?

• truegrinder

I’m gonna build around Chase Elliot and Kyle Busch combos. I keep landing on Tyler Reddick. Also have some wrecky of course and some Gaughan

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@truegrinder said...

I’m gonna build around Chase Elliot and Kyle Busch combos. I keep landing on Tyler Reddick. Also have some wrecky of course and some Gaughan

Don’t change anything because of me, BUT, I wouldn’t think it’d be fair for me not to say this: Chase Elliot is going to be huge chalk tonight, and his Daytona history isn’t very good, and we all should know how volatile this race is. Granted, if he wins or top 3’s you’re probably going to need him, but I don’t think he’s as great of a play as most will think he is.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Don’t change anything because of me, BUT, I wouldn’t think it’d be fair for me not to say this: Chase Elliot is going to be huge chalk tonight, and his Daytona history isn’t very good, and we all should know how volatile this race is. Granted, if he wins or top 3’s you’re probably going to need him, but I don’t think he’s as great of a play as most will think he is.

Eiliot, Wrecky, and Gaughan are the three top chalks tonight. (From what I’m reading.)

I always roll with 7 lineups in NASCAR, and I’m not smart enough to say ‘haha I’ll fade them all.’ (I’m using all of them.). But I do have a lineup or 2 with none of them. Just in case.
    ~

• truegrinder

@Pandamonious said...

Yes you are right Panda. I did also do some builds with Harvick and Kyle and Hamlin and Truex too. I have a ton of lineups in tonight in many of the contests. Still throwing Chase out there in 50-60 percent but have other combos also

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

Eiliot, Wrecky, and Gaughan are the three top chalks tonight. (From what I’m reading.)

I always roll with 7 lineups in NASCAR, and I’m not smart enough to say ‘haha I’ll fade them all.’ (I’m using all of them.). But I do have a lineup or 2 with none of them. Just in case.
    ~

Yeah, no I wouldn’t fade them. I suspect they’ll all be 50%, and I’ll at least be under that though on Elliot. The problem with Gaughan and Stenhouse is, their isn’t a problem. Those dudes just know how to get through these super speedways and finish high, almost every time, which is obviously really ironic with Stenhouse.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

which is obviously really ironic with Stenhouse.

Infuriating, don’t you mean? But it’s our money and our lineups, and we can’t fight the math.
    ~

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

It’s such a weird race, when you can call someone like Lajoie a pivot from Elliot, because they’re starting close together, and salary means nothing, but like Lajoie is a better super speedway driver than Elliot historically. History says Lajoie should finish and score higher here, but will have a fraction of the ownership.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

It’s such a weird race, when you can call someone like Lajoie a pivot from Elliot, because they’re starting close together, and salary means nothing, but like Lajoie is a better super speedway driver than Elliot historically. History says Lajoie should finish and score higher here, but will have a fraction of the ownership.

Got him, and also Bubba Wallace fits this race.
    ~

• tristanwolf

i don’t want to play wrecky i don’t want to play wrecky

• truegrinder

Weather doesn’t look all that great for tonight…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).