NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• ifthethunder

Trucks: Saturday, June 26, 12:11 PM – CRC Brakleen 150 – NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race (60 Laps/ 150 Miles)

CUP: Saturday, June 26, 3:17 PM – Pocono Organics CBD 325 – NASCAR Cup Series Race #1 (130 Laps/ 325Miles)

XFIN: Sunday, June 27, 12:22 PM – Pocono Green 225 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons – NASCAR Xfinity Series Race (90 Laps/225 Miles)

CUP: Sunday, June 27, 3:47 PM – Explore the Pocono Mountains 350 – NASCAR Cup Series Race (140 laps/ 350 Miles)
    ~

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

My default lineup had Kyle Larson and Danniel Suarez. I wanted to keep Larson in one, just for the chance he wins and I keep that DK achievement going. I only had one $23.11 ticket…and somehow that’s the lineup I left in it. By accident.

This was all a bad dream. What happened is I never reloaded ‘my contests’ after I edited all my Nascar lineups.

Now the reality: My lone Primary Day entry DOES have Kyle Busch. And it just dropped out of the money.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@Logan7777 said...

Or in reality, they are trying to MacGyver it for the rest of the race.

Paper clip, some Elmer’s glue and a box of matches?
    ~

• Logan7777

All about gas mileage for the next 20 laps.

• yisman

Apparently the lineup I used was really obvious.

Some site or optimizer must’ve spit it out.

I arrived at it independently but moklovin and the guys he shares lineups with all have it. Oh well.

• yisman

bunch of dudes ran out of gas at the end including Hamlin and Byron

• Logan7777

He wins with broken tranny and no clutch. They will have to push him to victory lane.

• depalma13

Chastain running out of gas hurt me big.

• ifthethunder

1,280th out of 17,817 in the $350K Primary Day. Turning a $23.11 ticket into $40 is no big deal, but it means I came out ahead in NASCAR. Won in MLB, too. And looks like PGA as well. I even turned 35 cents into $0.60 in CBLOL!
    ~

• yisman

usually it’s a wreck late that flips everything

this time a bunch of cars running out of gas in final 5 laps flipped everything

• Steverino01

@yisman said...

usually it’s a wreck late that flips everything

this time a bunch of cars running out of gas in final 5 laps flipped everything

Yea I was doing really well, then Byron, Hamlin and Kurt Bush all ran out of gas. Still cashed 2 of 3 in that $2:30 micro contest, but man my money really shrunk the last few laps.

• mookie336

Never watched Nascar until yesterday when I tuned in for the last 7 laps. Is this how most races go down? Top positions have to pit with 2-3 laps to go?

It was one of the shadiest things I’ve ever seen in sports.

• ifthethunder

@mookie336 said...

Never watched Nascar until yesterday when I tuned in for the last 7 laps. Is this how most races go down? Top positions have to pit with 2-3 laps to go?

Nope. Far more often what happened in the last 7 laps is total chaos and wrecks as everyone tries to finish in front. This time most of the leaders ran out of gas instead.
    ~

• depalma13

@mookie336 said...

Nothing shady at all. That’s just what happens at Long Pond.

• mookie336

Why not pit with 10-15 laps to go and have a last push afterwards? Pit stopping with 2-3 laps to go, their chance to win is zero. Surely one would expect the engineers to know the driver and the car and make a decision that doesn’t kill any chance they have to win.

• depalma13

@mookie336 said...

Why not pit with 10-15 laps to go and have a last push afterwards? Pit stopping with 2-3 laps to go, their chance to win is zero. Surely one would expect the engineers to know the driver and the car and make a decision that doesn’t kill any chance they have to win.

Because pitting with 15 laps to go would guarantee they can’t win. Taking a chance that the fuel would last or that a caution comes out is just better strategy.

• ljason8eg

@mookie336 said...

Pitting with 10-15 laps to go would have led to the same outcome. You’re still spending the same amount of time on pit road either way.

Several drivers also made it to the end without pitting, so it was possible to save enough fuel to make it.

• mookie336

@depalma13 said...

Because pitting with 15 laps to go would guarantee they can’t win. Taking a chance that the fuel would last or that a caution comes out is just better strategy.

Haven’t considered the chance of a caution to happen. It makes sense once you factor in that possibility.

• Logan7777

@mookie336 said...

Haven’t considered the chance of a caution to happen. It makes sense once you factor in that possibility.

I listened to the 18 car on the scanner and they were in a gas saving mode from about 35 laps left. Pretty sure most other cars were also. Some saved enough, some didn’t and had to pit. All a strategy game at that point, not a muscle your way through the field type of ending.

• yisman

all the cars were trying to save fuel but depending on when the car last pitted and how efficient the driver is with the fuel….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).