NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• blitzed50

Truex should lead the most laps but Harvick looks like the car to beat, also like Kahne for place differential

• icowpres

If NASCAR had decided to run under yellow five more minutes, 34 and 7 wouldn’t have had enough gas to continue. Solidifying Kesleowski as #1 and Harvick as #2, which woulc have made sense. Instead, Buescher and Smith, #31 and #32 fastest cars get rewarded with #1 and #3 finish.

Man, I’ve been watching NASCAR religiously since 1997. I was 13 then. I remember Dale Sr “rattling Terry Labonte’s cage” in 99 at Bristol I’ve seen some BS victories. But what I saw today is the sorriest excuse for a race I’ve ever seen in my memory bank, and for the last car on the lead lap to win a race like that….I hope all those involved who enjoyed it spend their money wisely, because it’s an absolute joke.

• icowpres

I don’t think anyone who has 61% ownership on Kurt Busch, who in practice described his car as garbage, has a legitimate gripe.

For what it’s worth.

• billholler

@wormworth said...

No Buescher no cash lol.

Cashed 92 out of 150 LU with ZERO Buescher. I will take a 61% cash rate every time and retire.

• Logan7777

Elliot, Menard and Truex all combined to get me a big minus 54 points.

• bigdaddies

I was winning $12.50 when the race stopped. DK dinged me $6 now down to $6.50 SMDH. I hate DK

• wormworth

@billholler said...

Cashed 92 out of 150 LU with ZERO Buescher. I will take a 61% cash rate every time and retire.

Just wanted to be the first and last person ever to say that.

• billholler

@wormworth said...

Just wanted to be the first and last person ever to say that.

Nice!!

• thetitanlb

@icowpres said...

I don’t think anyone who has 61% ownership on Kurt Busch, who in practice described his car as garbage, has a legitimate gripe.

For what it’s worth.

His 2nd practice he actually did really good. For what its worth.

• thetitanlb

I understand that people are mad because Buesher ended up winning. But i dont know how you can be hating on nascar in general. This is common for outdoor sports. Look at baseball. After the 5th inning the game is official. Sure it sucks but it is what it is. A pitcher could be on the way to a perfect game. But it could be called in the 6th inning. That would suck just like this. But it is what it is.

• sports_nerd

With Truex posting the negative and Buescher winning (and smith up there too)….

Ownership % next race will be so evenly spread out in large field GPPs

• billholler

Since we are all bitching, why the hell is 1st place in the slingshot next week reduced by 70%? I doubt I will even play next week.

• liquidfire

@billholler said...

Since we are all bitching, why the hell is 1st place in the slingshot next week reduced by 70%? I doubt I will even play next week.

wow, great point…. only 5000 less entrants, where the hell is all the money going???

• IronMonkey415

Total score 138…
    I’m so pathetic and crappy.

• rush1228

I agree the payout next week is horrible.

• sports_nerd

@billholler said...

It’s structured like the MLB moonshot. Flatter payout structure. Top 30% profit.

• Jcicc

I ended up slightly on the right end of the craziness this week despite having the field percentage of Truex. If somehow Buescher had run out of gas before they got called to the pit, I would of have won the $5.

I typically have some Buescher in my 30ish LU, but as people are saying, he was NOT a good play this week and I had none. That being said, neither were Newman or Menard and they were both just under 20% in a lot of stuff. Game is still soft.

• wormworth

@billholler said...

Does the fact it’s a road course factor in?

• billholler

@wormworth said...

Does the fact it’s a road course factor in?

Yep. Guarantees that I don’t play next week.

• cmbarbee226

I fall in the category of people who were on the cusp of returning interest to NASCAR. I am from Concord NC so it’s impossible to escape entirely, yet I find myself watching one or two races per year now, hoping that someone or something will make NASCAR interesting again. It just never happens. My family has been involved directly with NASCAR since the early 80s and most of them are disinterested (by their standards). Attendance will continue to struggle, but will never fade completely…however you won’t catch me contributing any time or money to it ever again.

• Logan7777

Back to PGA. At least I get a return there. This just seems to be a crap shoot. Truex cuts a tire; Menard’s transmission messes up; Elliot can’t stay low and make a corner taking out all those that had Logano. This is worse than Kuch, Garcia, DJ and Rory who can’t make a cut in a major.

• billholler

@Logan7777 said...

Back to PGA. At least I get a ROI there. This just seems to be a crap shoot. Truex cuts a tire; Menard’s transmission messes up; Elliot can’t stay low and make a corner taking out all those that had Logano. This is worse than Kuch, Garcia, DJ and Rory who can’t make a cut in a major.

NOOOO!!!!! Not even close to the same. DJ and Rory cost me at least 4 digits. The other stuff won me 4 digits.

• billholler

And if you actually played Menard, you’re doing it wrong.

• Logan7777

@billholler said...

And if you actually played Menard, you’re doing it wrong.

Teach me. first practice 1st; 2nd practice 8th; 3rd qualifying. What did I miss?

Edit: send me an email.

• cutter2225

@Logan7777 said...

Teach me. first practice 1st; 2nd practice 8th; 3rd qualifying. What did I miss?

Edit: send me an email.

Menard normally has a small chance to be a top finisher or lead many laps in most races regardless of where he qualifies and starting near the front makes him unattractive from a DFS standpoint especially with the likelihood of negative finishing position.

• bigcrip

@cutter2225 said...

Menard normally has a small chance to be a top finisher or lead many laps in most races regardless of where he qualifies and starting near the front makes him unattractive from a DFS standpoint especially with the likelihood of negative finishing position.

“chance to lead many laps”

um what

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).