NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• blitzed50

Truex should lead the most laps but Harvick looks like the car to beat, also like Kahne for place differential

• cutter2225

@bigcrip said...

“chance to lead many laps”

I’m not sure what you don’t understand. A driver gets points for every lap led. Starting near the front (1-5) for DFS purposes is usually only beneficial if the driver leads a lot of laps or finishes in the top five. Menard starting 3rd made him an instant toss out for me given the likelihood he wasn’t going to lead many laps or IMO finish in the top 10 so there was no upside to be had picking him.

• billholler

What he meant to say is that Menard sucks and his car usually is mediocre at best. So he rarely leads a lap and never has a chance to win. So starting 3rd he should have been an automatic fade. I probably would have faded him if he qualified anywhere in the top 25. I believe his average finishing position at Pocono before today was somewhere around 27th.

• cutter2225

@billholler said...

What he meant to say is that Menard sucks and his car usually is mediocre at best. So he rarely leads a lap and never has a chance to win. So starting 3rd he should have been an automatic fade. I probably would have faded him if he qualified anywhere in the top 25. I believe his average finishing position at Pocono before today was somewhere around 27th.

That’s what I was trying to convey but I guess I didn’t explain it well enough

• billholler

@cutter2225 said...

That’s what I was trying to convey but I guess I didn’t explain it well enough

We could have narrowed it down to “he sucks”.

• cutter2225

@billholler said...

haha we don’t want to make it to easy for people

• icowpres

If I came off as a bit bitter yesterday, it’s probably because I am.

Yeah, that place takes forever to dry. And even without the rain, the weepers might have ended the thing. Honestly I think NASCAR should have ran em around under yellow for a few more laps before they threw the red and in that case….maybe 34 and 7 pit and a deserving car wins.

But yeah, I’m just bitter. Had 3 or 4 in the top 10 of the slingshot with a unique one in 1st five minutes before the rain. Same deal when the yellow came out for rain just after halfway. Staring at $6k-25k payday from the time Truex hit the wall until the pit stops before the fog. Can’t believe Biffle hit pit road when they threw the yellow for the fog.

Just another bad beat story. My time will come. Good for Buescher, even if he didn’t deserve it.

• Logan7777

@billholler said...

I get it.

• rush1228

I would like to see a bigger gpp for the bristol race.They are off after this week so they would have 2 weeks to fill it and it would be cool if it was added to the king of summer.

• wormworth

Never thought I’d say Buescher has a better shot at the Chase than Dale Jr.

• cdsleeve

Heard Buescher mention Draft Kings on a radio interview this morning.
    The host mentioned the Vegas odds of him winning and if someone bet they would have made out good and he said the winner on Draftkings had him.

• billholler

@cdsleeve said...

Heard Buescher mention Draft Kings on a radio interview this morning.
    The host mentioned the Vegas odds of him winning and if someone bet they would have made out good and he said the winner on Draftkings had him.

No the loser that had no clue what he was doing and now thinks he is a Nascar fantasy guru had him in his lineup.

• cutter2225

@billholler said...

No the loser that had no clue what he was doing and now thinks he is a Nascar fantasy guru had him in his lineup.

Luck over skill happens but over the long haul I’ll trust my process.

• billholler

@cutter2225 said...

Luck over skill happens but over the long haul I’ll trust my process.

I completely agree but it seems like every week there is someone in the Nascar forum bitching about too much luck being involved. I’m usually one of them but I’ve actually made a profit the last 3 weeks.

“When I be winning, I be quiet. When I be losing, I be talking again.”

• cutter2225

@billholler said...

“When I be winning, I be quiet. When I be losing, I be talking again.”

Yup frustration especially with nascar can get the better of anyone. Late wrecks, pit strategy backfiring near the finish or like this week weather can certainly get you tilting but it’s part of the game and the sweat. I love the sweat lol.

• Pickle29

@cutter2225 said...

Yup frustration especially with nascar can get the better of anyone. Late wrecks, pit strategy backfiring near the finish or like this week weather can certainly get you tilting but it’s part of the game and the sweat. I love the sweat lol.

Instead of waiting for your drivers to do something good, you’re just waiting for them to avoid something bad.

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@billholler said...

Dan back played him and finished 3rd in the $33 tourney for $7.5k.

He was a good play.

• billholler

@Slah said...

Dan back played him and finished 3rd in the $33 tourney for $7.5k.

He was a good play.

And there he is with the always have an excuse for the fluke events and how smart some people are. You know damn good and well it was a bonehead play. Without the fog, Buescher finishes no higher than 25th and loses points except for the few laps lead. He had as much chance of finishing higher than 22nd as Menard had of winning if the race is 160 laps.

• Wakefan77

Anyone know whats up with the racing contests on Draftkings? Not many at all.

• billholler

@Wakefan77 said...

DK seems to be attempting to drive away all their players. Nascar GPPs always fill so DK reduces the payouts and number of entries plus reduces the number of available tournaments. Makes sense.

• Pickle29

@billholler said...

DK seems to be attempting to drive away all their players. Nascar GPPs always fill so DK reduces the payouts and number of entries plus reduces the number of available tournaments. Makes sense.

I don’t get it. NASCAR drivers seem clearly on board with Draft Kings. Ty Dillon has a partnership of some sort with RG and with @stevietpfl, and Chris Beuscher even mentioned he was in the winning lineup for Pocono’s race.

• Wakefan77

• Numberoneoutlaw

I don’t think all the contests are out yet. Still no driver list yet or 50/50, double ups, etc…

• cutter2225

Likely due to a road course event at The Glen.

• jilesofthetrees

• 2016 NASCAR Live Finalist

No one will ever compete with the guy who faded the ~5 best plays at Talladega or Daytona and spiked like 60 lineups in the top 100 of the big tournies. All outcomes are unlikely, some animals are less likely than others.

• billholler

@jilesofthetrees said...

No one will ever compete with the guy who faded the ~5 best plays at Talladega or Daytona and spiked like 60 lineups in the top 100 of the big tournies. All outcomes are unlikely, some animals are less likely than others.

Nascar Jesus has spoken.

Is any one actually playing the Slingshot this week? Payout is atrocious and for no apparent reason.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).