NASCAR FORUM

• LarryLegend33

Qualifying: 5:05pm Friday
    Lineup Lock: 2:30pm Sunday
    Scheduled Green Flag: 2:46pm Sunday

TV Coverage: NBCSN

Track Specifications:
    Superspeedway: 2.0-mile D-shaped oval
    Banking: turns: 18 degrees; straights: front stretch 12 degrees, backstretch 5 degrees
    Laps: 200

Greenflag’s spreadsheet

• Shaptown88

Sunday cant come soon enough.

• DefinitelyMiami

For some reason I thought Keselowski dominated at Michigan until I looked at the stats

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

They will be running the same package as Indy this weekend.

• bigcrip

weird pricing… no one cost 6000-7000 on DK

• LarryLegend33

More interesting is the 7000-8000 range. Lots of solid, if unexceptional drivers, mixed in with a bunch of turds. For instance, you could have Bowyer and Newman for just $100 total more than the power couple of Danica and Stenhouse. Definitely have to see how the week develops but there is some opportunity lurking.

• bigcrip

im looking at this from last year: http://racing-reference.info/loopdata?s=13&series=W&id=2014-23

i know there were 200 laps, but why do fastest laps add up to 155? not 200

thanks

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Fastest laps don’t occur under cautions.

• bigcrip

thanks yukerboy. i know nothing about nascar but it sure is fun to play nascar dfs.

i see 15 people tied for first at WG (including greenflag… congrats, you deserve it!). i wonder if that was the best possible score

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@bigcrip said...

i see 15 people tied for first at WG

crazy, that isn’t supposed to happen anymore. there are 6 drivers now. must be a website malfunction.

• bigcrip

are you complaining slah? i think 6 drivers is more fun even if it doesnt create less ties

• jroyals

Kyle Busch has earned negative DK points in four straight races at Michigan. Maybe he’s due for some positive regression?

On the other hand, team Penske (Logano/Keselowski) hasn’t finished lower than 12th in the last four and Paul Menard hasn’t finished lower than 8th.

I just hope the weather cooperates more this time.

• jroyals

Also in the last four races, Clint Bowyer has an average position differential of +11.5 and a low finish of 10th.

Cole Whitt has a +11 average position differential in three races.

• jroyals

Indy package makes me wanna downgrade Hendrick drivers this week. They all did relatively horrible with that new setup. Had a -37 position differential as a team. Kahne was the only positive driver at +3, but he finished 24th.

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@bigcrip said...

are you complaining slah?

#probably

• nickcupolo

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Just browsing statistics and whatnot. From last week at Sonoma.

Driver A:
    Start: 4
    Finish: 3
    Fastest Laps: 10
    Laps Led: 29
    Fantasy Points: 54

Driver B:
    Start: 24
    Finish: 9
    Fastest Laps: 0
    Laps Led: 0
    Fantasy Points: 50

Should the performance in A be only worth 4 more points than the performance in B? It is way more impressive from a racing perspective, but is almost worse from a fantasy perspective.

I’m really on no side here, but it just feels like Kevin Harvick’s drive should be worth a little bit more than 4 points over Sam Hornish’s.

• dannyboy7932

@nickcupolo said...

I’m really on no side here, but it just feels like Kevin Harvick’s drive should be worth a little bit more than 4 points over Sam Hornish’s.

Moving up that many spots is really good. I can see it a little bit though how you would think that with a 3rd place finish with laps lead and fastest laps vs 0 in both those categories for the other driver who finished 9th.

• intimadator2007

Hornish at 5600 seems like a trap to me,anyone else.

• jroyals

@intimadator2007 said...

Hornish at 5600 seems like a trap to me,anyone else.

I agree. Not a good history at Michigan and a relatively poor performance at Indy with the new aero package. Seems to be some good reasoning behind his cheap price. I’ll be staying away unless he qualifies 35+.

• ljason8eg

I’m not sure what to expect this weekend. This package was horrendous at Indy but the same could be said for just about every package since 1994. Maybe a multi-groove track like Michigan will actually allow guys to pass.

• jroyals

Impressive qualifying effort by Joe Gibbs Racing. Have to see if they can back it up with some strong practice runs in race trim tomorrow, but they definitely look like the team to beat.

• BDholla89

• x2

2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Get ready to make some money this week boys!

• BreakingBacon

Any issue with Casey Mears this week or do we just simply drool at his starting position?

• ljason8eg

@BreakingBacon said...

Any issue with Casey Mears this week or do we just simply drool at his starting position?

Pretty close to a must start in my opinion.

• jroyals

@BreakingBacon said...

Last time Mears started in the 40s at Michigan he finished 6th. He’s only earned negative points at Michigan twice and both times he finished 37th, which would still have him in the positive tomorrow. He definitely looks like a good play, especially in a cash game.

• BreakingBacon

@jroyals said...

Last time Mears started in the 40s at Michigan he finished 6th. He’s only earned negative points at Michigan twice and both times he finished 37th, which would still have him in the positive tomorrow. He definitely looks like a good play, especially in a cash game.

He has a pretty dang good track history at Michigan, I’d actually be a bit disappointed out of a 37th from him, of course pending wrecks. Main issue with my main lineup is Larson starting at 34th, I don’t have him for my main, but not sure how the rest of the player entries handle him, I feel all 6 of my drivers in my main have a chance at 50+ points but I could see Larson ruin it all if he’s highly owned.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).