NASCAR FORUM

• LarryLegend33

Qualifying: 5:05pm Friday
    Lineup Lock: 2:30pm Sunday
    Scheduled Green Flag: 2:46pm Sunday

TV Coverage: NBCSN

Track Specifications:
    Superspeedway: 2.0-mile D-shaped oval
    Banking: turns: 18 degrees; straights: front stretch 12 degrees, backstretch 5 degrees
    Laps: 200

Greenflag’s spreadsheet

• BreakingBacon

Well then would this add concern to Kenseth? I know these questions sound stupid, but I’m really making a push to learn rather than just going with what my “blind” eyes see.

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@BreakingBacon said...

Why are practice times viewed so closely? I just notice that practice times and qualifying times are significantly different, are you looking at consistency and handling rather than speed?

practice times from the last practice before qualifying should be the closest to the qualifying times (or the leaderboard order should be similar, more accurately). most of the teams will use at least some portion of this practice to practice their qualifying runs, and rig their car within the rules to get the most speed possible for one or two laps. the most apparent example that you will see is taping up the grill to reduce resistance.

for the other practices, the leaderboard is a little misleading. it’s probably a better snapshot of who is fast than nothing, but it doesn’t tell much about long run speed. you can find the 10-lap average speeds on jayski. these are slightly better, but still don’t tell the whole story, as 10-laps is still a short run.

i’ll tell you this: i’ve been playing season long nascar for 5 years. i’ve crushed my leagues because i have been good at reading practice. there have been two years where the relevance of practice has been greatly diminished, and it’s by no coincidence: 2 seasons ago, which was the first season of gen6, and this year, with the new package plus the monkeying around with packages left and right recently.

practice speeds have lost their importance, luck and variance have increased considerably, and it seems like what has been most important is figuring out who has been able to adjust to the new package the fastest.

hope that helps.

• jilesofthetrees

• 2016 NASCAR Live Finalist

@Yukerboy said...

He could score more points than any other driver. That is top of the charts.

Odds are against it. Still could happen.

He won’t score as many points as he would have with his normal starting position. The laps led just won’t be there.

Uh, DK uses his qual position not his actual start position?

• BreakingBacon

helps quite a bit.

• ljason8eg

Kenseth was good in the first session this morning, not as good in the second. I’d put more stock into times of the second session since it was closer to the time of the day the race is at.

Even if Kenseth is a bit off he still has the pole. If he gets away clean nobody is likely going to pass him with this aero package and Michigan tends to have long runs meaning he could lead a decent amount of laps early. His #1 pit stall selection also helps with track position under yellow flag stops; very important when passing is tough.

• BreakingBacon

@jilesofthetrees said...

yes they do. If they didn’t Kyle would be 90% owned in cash games and pretty much ruin the “fun”.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@BreakingBacon said...

Well then would this add concern to Kenseth? I know these questions sound stupid, but I’m really making a push to learn rather than just going with what my “blind” eyes see.

Kenseth got the pole, which lowers his floor. His mid range practice run means nothing to me and actual helps a little as I’m hoping some will be scared off of him. We know he has the engine, he has the team, he has the track history.

I’ll have some Kenseth. Maybe not in Cash, but definitely some GPPs

• Slah

@BreakingBacon said...

kenseth is traditionally among the top perpetrators of not showing their hands in practice. maybe THE top. i’d have put him and carl 1 and 2 before carl switched to jgr.

i wouldn’t use his position on the practice chart as your reason to fade him.

• BreakingBacon

not really my big reason, just wanted to know if I was missing something important. My reason is my history of taking pole drivers and they fail miserably, I’m just gonna continue to ignore my past issues because focusing on past failings is the worst enemy in DFS. From what I got so far I’m playing Kenseth in 3-4 of my 16 lineups. I like Logano a bit more as he has a better history and starting a bit farther back, sadly I’m thinking cash can’t turn my brain to gpp.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@jilesofthetrees said...

True. If Kyle wins and leads 20 laps, you can pretty well guarantee he had 40 of the fastest laps. That would be the top point getter even with a differential of 5. However, he doesn’t have a solid track history here. If you’re a five or less lineup guy, you don’t touch him. You can’t touch him in cash.

In a huge muli-entry gpp, he’s well worth having a little bit of.

• BreakingBacon

Here is my last thing. How high do you think larsons ownership in CASH lineups? My current main lineup doesn’t have him not due to not liking him, but price constraints.

• Slah

@BreakingBacon said...

Here is my last thing. How high do you think larsons ownership in CASH lineups? My current main lineup doesn’t have him not due to not liking him, but price constraints.

35-43%?

• BreakingBacon

Bout what I was thinking, I could get him but I’d have to drop harvick

• mrcarlmc

Anyone know where i can find a lineup generator for Nascar, i want to generate multiple lineups from a group of drivers

• jroyals

Kyle Busch’s odds to win keep improving, even though he’s starting from the back. I’ve seen 4/1 and 10/3 for him lately. Better than Harvick’s odds now. Interesting. Fade him at your own risk.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@jroyals said...

Kyle Busch’s odds to win keep improving, even though he’s starting from the back. I’ve seen 4/1 and 10/3 for him lately. Better than Harvick’s odds now. Interesting. Fade him at your own risk.

Saw this too. Can’t explain it. Thinking it may be a headfake to Harvick.

• Garhett

Is there gonna be a NASCAR After Dark

• crazylox2001

kenseth logano or harvick edwards?

• bigcrip

@jroyals said...

maybe because he just won the truck race?

who do you guys think the most owned driver will be? i’m guessing carl edwards

also i could see people doing JGR stacks (minus kyle) because teamwork might give them a nice advantage up front

• jroyals

@bigcrip said...

maybe because he just won the truck race?

who do you guys think the most owned driver will be? i’m guessing carl edwards

also i could see people doing JGR stacks (minus kyle) because teamwork might give them a nice advantage up front

There’s certainly a good case for Edwards to be highly owned. On a great team, reasonable price, and his odds have moved from 15/1 to 8/1 in some places. His high starting position may be the only thing that holds him down from a DFS perspective.

Gordon’s course history, price, and starting position really make him stand out and many, many people may pick him. I don’t trust his, or his team’s, current form enough to utilize him much, though.

• yh4j

@Slah said...

18 just turned into an extremely contrarian play

who is 18? sorry, newbie here

• tarheelsfan012

@yh4j said...

who is 18? sorry, newbie here

Kyle Busch.. I’m wondering if Vegas changed the odds for him as well since he will now be starting at the back of the field. For instance, some of the betting sites have him listed behind Harvick still as a favorite to win. Since he now falls back can you just bet Vegas straight up that he won’t win or does Vegas only offer lines on who you think will win?

• Eddie929

@crazylox2001 said...

kenseth logano or harvick edwards?

Kenseth Logano is a safe bet for 2 cars to finish in the top 5. Harvick is easy for the win or P2. Edwards is the wildcard. If he does not win he will finish 11-15.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Eddie929 said...

Kenseth Logano is a safe bet for 2 cars to finish in the top 5. Harvick is easy for the win or P2. Edwards is the wildcard. If he does not win he will finish 11-15.

If this is true, the last thing you want is a Harvick/Edwards lineup. Harvick not winning is a waste of cash as is Edwards if he is outside of top 10.

• BreakingBacon

@Yukerboy said...

If this is true, the last thing you want is a Harvick/Edwards lineup. Harvick not winning is a waste of cash as is Edwards if he is outside of top 10.

ERROR

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).