• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

First Practice: Thursday 2:30 PM
    Second Practice: Friday 11:00 AM
    Final Practice: Friday 1:30 PM
    Qualifying: Friday 6:45 PM (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)
    Race: Saturday NBC 7:30 PM (267 LAPS, 400.5 MILES)

Repave Details:

Kentucky Set To Debut New Surface
    Kentucky Speedway underwent a full repave during the offseason and its new surface debuts from Wednesday through Saturday when all three of NASCAR’s national series head to The Bluegrass State.

In addition to the repave, Turns 1 and 2 had their banking increased from 14 to 17 degrees. The racing groove narrowed in the process. Turns 3 and 4 remain 14 degrees.

The track also added 3,200 feet SAFER barrier and made improvements to its drainage system.

Rules Package:

Kentucky Marks Second Appearance Of Updated NASCAR Rules Package
    The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will run its rules updates implemented last month at Michigan International Speedway for the second time in Saturday’s Quaker State 400 Presented By Advance Auto Parts at Kentucky Speedway (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). The rules package developments are part of an industry-wide collaboration to further enhance the quality of racing.

Earlier in the season, welded truck trailing arms and new brake cooling rules were put into place. The following updates to the rules package were added at Michigan and Kentucky to further reduce downforce and sideforce:

-Reduce skew generated sideforce by setting rear toe to zero

-Aero package tweaks to reduce aero-generated downforce and sideforce

-Spoiler shortened from 3.5 inches to 2.5 inches

-Splitter reduced to 2 inches

-Resize of deck fin to match spoiler

• Pickle29

Kyle Busch, Logano, Keselowski, Truex, Harvick have to be the favorites heading in to the first practice.

Drivers who participated in a Goodyear tire test at Kentucky on June 13-14:
    #1 – Jamie McMurray
    #4 – Kevin Harvick
    #5 – Kasey Kahne
    #16 – Greg Biffle
    #18 – Kyle Busch
    #21 – Ryan Blaney
    #22 – Joey Logano
    #27 – Paul Menard
    #34 – Chris Buescher
    #43 – Aric Almirola
    #46 – Michael Annett
    #47 – AJ Allmendinger
    #78 – Martin Truex Jr.

• Pickle29

Also possibly worth noting. These are the Cup drivers who are participating in the Xfinity and Truck races this weekend at Kentucky. While there’s not always a lot of information that can transfer from one series to another, these drivers will have more track time than others this weekend.

Xfinity Race
    Austin Dillon
    Ty Dillon
    Ryan Blaney
    Kyle Busch
    Brad Keselowski

Truck Race
    Kyle Busch

• stevietpfl

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Kyle said after testing he really struggles at repaved tracks, so I think it’s great he’s running all three races this weekend.

• Garhett

Dominator Points are key this week. Especially with the qualifying rainout and resulting starting lineup.

Kyle Busch*
    Joey Logano
    Kyle Larson
    Chase Elliot

Will be my core looking at past results from the “Lower Downforce Package” results.

*nervous about Busch, but gut feeling says he’s hungry for a victory lane visit and wants to conquer this track

• stevietpfl

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

I think Kurt Busch is a fade this weekend with starting in the back

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

@Garhett said...

Dominator Points are key this week. Especially with the qualifying rainout and resulting starting lineup.

Kyle Busch*
    Joey Logano
    Kyle Larson
    Chase Elliot

Will be my core looking at past results from the “Lower Downforce Package” results.

*nervous about Busch, but gut feeling says he’s hungry for a victory lane visit and wants to conquer this track

Just curious, where are you able to look at “Lower Downforce Package” results and how similar do you think this race will be to a similar track such as Michigan (or would that even be considered a similar track with the new additions made to this one?) New guy here….lol. Any particular fades this week?

• tmquint11

@golferdude31 said...

Just curious, where are you able to look at “Lower Downforce Package” results and how similar do you think this race will be to a similar track such as Michigan (or would that even be considered a similar track with the new additions made to this one?) New guy here….lol. Any particular fades this week?

I basically use two sites. Driveraverages.com is where you’d find all the past results.
    jayski.com Is what I use race weekend for news and practice times and such.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

Probably a dumb question about Kurt Busch. He was set to start #3 but now starts at the back of the field. For position +/-, does it remain 3 or does it go to 40? In other words, would he get +2 for winning or +39?

• stevietpfl

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@thedude404 said...

Probably a dumb question about Kurt Busch. He was set to start #3 but now starts at the back of the field. For position +/-, does it remain 3 or does it go to 40? In other words, would he get +2 for winning or +39?

Simple answer, +2 for winning.

Per DraftKings Rules Page: A driver’s starting position is based solely on his qualifying position. If a driver’s starting position changes between qualifying and the start of the race for any reason (backup car, driver change, etc.), the qualifying position will be used to calculate place differential.

• mackie64

Any thoughts on punts from cassill down on DK?

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@stevietpfl said...

Simple answer, +2 for winning.

Per DraftKings Rules Page: A driver’s starting position is based solely on his qualifying position. If a driver’s starting position changes between qualifying and the start of the race for any reason (backup car, driver change, etc.), the qualifying position will be used to calculate place differential.

thanks for the info. i thought about looking it up in the rules after i posted that.

• thetitanlb

Wow so seems like fading kyle busch is the play then

• stevietpfl

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@thetitanlb said...

Wow so seems like fading kyle busch is the play then

KURT Busch

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

What’s the lowest anyone would go for cash games in terms of salary? Is a 6k guy too cheap for cash?

• stevietpfl

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@theseige said...

What’s the lowest anyone would go for cash games in terms of salary? Is a 6k guy too cheap for cash?

I have a guy at $5,200 this week. I think it really depends on the race, and how qualifying ends up.

• JimKronlund

I will take any last 20 min H2H under $20. Just invite me. I will find it

• JimKronlund

Lets get ready for 2-1/4 hours of commercials!

• JimKronlund

stevietpfl (or anyone) how much crash factor do you expect tonight?

• wormworth

Banking on turns 1 and 2(more speed) and flatter into 3 and 4(slow down) if I understand the repave right. I’m expecting more cautions than normal.

• Logan7777

48 lost it.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #47

RG Tiered Ranking

Obviously way early but I’m currently 6th in the hot rod with a unique lu. Have a few nice lineups going so far. Let’s go!!!

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #47

RG Tiered Ranking

Man, cars just going down, getting loose. Had no Stenhouse or JJ and just a little Logano but not in cash. Gonna be an anxious evening with every turn.

• ljason8eg

Knew the 34 was too good to be true.

• jeffgo33

The crazy thing is, with so many others already out before him, looks like he’s still going to finish with 14 points at position 32.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Yet again i get the guy the crashes. every damn week. was in 75th in the victory lane too.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).