• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

First Practice: Thursday 2:30 PM
    Second Practice: Friday 11:00 AM
    Final Practice: Friday 1:30 PM
    Qualifying: Friday 6:45 PM (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)
    Race: Saturday NBC 7:30 PM (267 LAPS, 400.5 MILES)

Repave Details:

Kentucky Set To Debut New Surface
    Kentucky Speedway underwent a full repave during the offseason and its new surface debuts from Wednesday through Saturday when all three of NASCAR’s national series head to The Bluegrass State.

In addition to the repave, Turns 1 and 2 had their banking increased from 14 to 17 degrees. The racing groove narrowed in the process. Turns 3 and 4 remain 14 degrees.

The track also added 3,200 feet SAFER barrier and made improvements to its drainage system.

Rules Package:

Kentucky Marks Second Appearance Of Updated NASCAR Rules Package
    The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will run its rules updates implemented last month at Michigan International Speedway for the second time in Saturday’s Quaker State 400 Presented By Advance Auto Parts at Kentucky Speedway (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). The rules package developments are part of an industry-wide collaboration to further enhance the quality of racing.

Earlier in the season, welded truck trailing arms and new brake cooling rules were put into place. The following updates to the rules package were added at Michigan and Kentucky to further reduce downforce and sideforce:

-Reduce skew generated sideforce by setting rear toe to zero

-Aero package tweaks to reduce aero-generated downforce and sideforce

-Spoiler shortened from 3.5 inches to 2.5 inches

-Splitter reduced to 2 inches

-Resize of deck fin to match spoiler

• wormworth

Repave and new rules package = chaos….sad to see 34 caught up in other people’s mess. Still so early in race those guys that wrecked are are working hard to get back out there for points/positions.

• unageo09

My lineups have took a series hit with all the wrecks.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

Man. Threw my cash lu in the big slingshot and it finished 63rd. Take it every week but thought I might have had something there for a bit.

• cutter2225

Went from a potentially very nice finish to next to nothing in the last 10 laps with all my guys coming in to “top up” presuming Brad had to run short.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Went from cashing 2 of 3 lineups easily, to not cashing anything, back to cashing easily.

I dont know if it was all just the way the pit stops ran or what, its crazy following these races for dk scoring.

• billholler

Waiting for someone to explain how rostering Wise and Whitt was a skill play this week.

• wormworth

@billholler said...

Waiting for someone to explain how rostering Wise and Whitt was a skill play this week.

It’s a skill play if it was your only line up. If you enter 150+ lineups it’s luck.

• cutter2225

As soon as any nascar race turns into a fuel mileage race, skill might have your guys in good position but IMO its all about luck in the final laps. Tonight most my guys gambled and gave up position to grab fuel and it killed my night.

• wormworth

@cutter2225 said...

As soon as any nascar race turns into a fuel mileage race, skill might have your guys in good position but IMO its all about luck in the final laps. Tonight most my guys gambled and gave up position to grab fuel and it killed my night.

So many variables in Nascar, I love it.

• cutter2225

@wormworth said...

It certainly keeps things interesting to the end.

• stevietpfl

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@billholler said...

I didn’t play either one, but as punt plays, you just hope people wreck in front of them. Repaved track with a new aero package, you had to guess they would have wrecks. It reduced the groove, and made for exciting restarts, which lead to a few wrecked cars. I didn’t play it, but I can understand why someone would punt with a guy like that.

It’s just like taking a 9 hitter at min salary.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@wormworth said...

Definitely exciting. During a caution mid race, I was third in the slingshot and flashed my wife the phone and was like “look at this, it’s not gonna hold but those 4 figures look great right now.”

Definitely makes my weekend exciting while I wait for football.

• stevietpfl

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@yountingly said...

Definitely exciting. During a caution mid race, I was third in the slingshot and flashed my wife the phone and was like “look at this, it’s not gonna hold but those 4 figures look great right now.”

Definitely makes my weekend exciting while I wait for football.

So much going on in a race, makes for a great DFS sweat.

• thetitanlb

I swear wrecks in nascsr dfs legit might be the most frustrating thing their is. You can do all the research in the world but it’s all jack shit once wrecks happen. I was 15th in a huge gpp till Blaney and busher wrecked

• thetitanlb

Like I want to play nascar cause research can really pay off but wrecks ruin that shit so fast it’s tough

• depalma13

@billholler said...

The race looked like there would be a few drivers that would be up front all night and get most of the points. The drivers that looked like they would be up front all night, happened to be the some of the most expensive drivers available.

If you wanted to get 4 of those expensive boys in, the only way to do it was to use to use two $5000 or below drivers.

Whitt was an obvious pick at 5k. He’s coming off a great run at Daytona.

That left you needing one driver below $5000. There weren’t many to choose from. You can make a few lineups and use them all.

I tinkered this exact strategy using Harvick, Keselowski, Edwards and Truex for a total cost of $40,400.

Whitt $5000 and Sorenson $4600 filled out the team.

The problem is I changed Truex to Larson after the practice sessions and it opened up cap space which let me choose other drivers. Had I just left one lineup in with the above I would have scored 344.75 points and good enough for a top 8 finish in the Slingshot.

• billholler

@depalma13 said...

Whitt was an obvious pick at 5k. He’s coming off a great run at Daytona.

I can accept and agree with that. Wise however has been the laughing stock of Nascar for a while and there have been plenty of jokes about him here in the DFS world. Rostering him is always a dead LU. Yesterday was one of the few races I have even seen him finish without being at least 10 laps down. Yet, 2nd place in the slingshot rostered him. He, like most of the other scrubs, qualified at the back of the pack as they always do but last week rostering all the scrubs was skill. This week it’s pure luck. Oh the irony.

• rush1228

@billholler said...

I can accept and agree with that. Wise however has been the laughing stock of Nascar for a while and there have been plenty of jokes about him here in the DFS world. Rostering him is always a dead LU. Yesterday was one of the few races I have even seen him finish without being at least 10 laps down. Yet, 2nd place in the slingshot rostered him. He, like most of the other scrubs, qualified at the back of the pack as they always do but last week rostering all the scrubs was skill. This week it’s pure luck. Oh the irony.

You know everything but dont even know qualifying was canceled lol.

• wormworth

Truex just dominating 1.5 tracks this year he had the fastest car last night, that penalty in the pits killed him.

• billholler

@rush1228 said...

You know everything but dont even know qualifying was canceled lol.

Busy week combined with a low payout Slingshot so didn’t even bother with Nascar this week. So the same scrubs that always qualify in the back of the pack also had the slowest practice times as usual so the results were the same.

• crebive74

I took Whitt in a number of lineups. My research (excluding road courses) says he has an average start of 36 and finish of 29th. He is 2nd best in place differential for all drivers. Looking at cheap drivers he was my target this week. 38 points for a $5k driver I will take every week.

• Pickle29

@billholler said...

Busy week combined with a low payout Slingshot so didn’t even bother with Nascar this week. So the same scrubs that always qualify in the back of the pack also had the slowest practice times as usual so the results were the same.

Qualifying was canceled, and the lineup was set by owners points this week. Practice speeds had absolutely nothing to do with anything in regards to starting position this week.

• billholler

@Pickle29 said...

Qualifying was canceled, and the lineup was set by owners points this week. Practice speeds had absolutely nothing to do with anything in regards to starting position this week.

Shows you just how much I paid attention to Nascar this week although I did get home in time to watch the last half of the race.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Brand new to Nascar, maybe 5 races under my belt, love the sweat. Great DFS contest.

Can somebody explain what made Buescher the overwhelming punt play (37% in the $27)? I understand stars and scrubs was the way to go this race, but Whitt was 1%, Smith 3%, Danica 5%, and seemed to me you could just about throw a blanket over the 10 in the back and pick one.

Does Stevie’s article have that much pull on ownership? Was it the weird late line movement? Was that line movement even justified or was it just incorrect odds on Buescher posted yesterday afternoon?

• wormworth

@mberkowi said...

Brand new to Nascar, maybe 5 races under my belt, love the sweat. Great DFS contest.

Can somebody explain what made Buescher the overwhelming punt play (37% in the $27)? I understand stars and scrubs was the way to go this race, but Whitt was 1%, Smith 3%, Danica 5%, and seemed to me you could just about throw a blanket over the 10 in the back and pick one.

Does Stevie’s article have that much pull on ownership? Was it the weird late line movement? Was that line movement even justified or was it just incorrect odds on Buescher posted yesterday afternoon?

I took Buescher because:
    1. Final practice he was top 6 in quickest 10 lap avg.
    2. He started 34th iirc.

I was expecting him barring accident to finish 20-25.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).