• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

First Practice: Thursday 2:30 PM
    Second Practice: Friday 11:00 AM
    Final Practice: Friday 1:30 PM
    Qualifying: Friday 6:45 PM (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)
    Race: Saturday NBC 7:30 PM (267 LAPS, 400.5 MILES)

Repave Details:

Kentucky Set To Debut New Surface
    Kentucky Speedway underwent a full repave during the offseason and its new surface debuts from Wednesday through Saturday when all three of NASCAR’s national series head to The Bluegrass State.

In addition to the repave, Turns 1 and 2 had their banking increased from 14 to 17 degrees. The racing groove narrowed in the process. Turns 3 and 4 remain 14 degrees.

The track also added 3,200 feet SAFER barrier and made improvements to its drainage system.

Rules Package:

Kentucky Marks Second Appearance Of Updated NASCAR Rules Package
    The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will run its rules updates implemented last month at Michigan International Speedway for the second time in Saturday’s Quaker State 400 Presented By Advance Auto Parts at Kentucky Speedway (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). The rules package developments are part of an industry-wide collaboration to further enhance the quality of racing.

Earlier in the season, welded truck trailing arms and new brake cooling rules were put into place. The following updates to the rules package were added at Michigan and Kentucky to further reduce downforce and sideforce:

-Reduce skew generated sideforce by setting rear toe to zero

-Aero package tweaks to reduce aero-generated downforce and sideforce

-Spoiler shortened from 3.5 inches to 2.5 inches

-Splitter reduced to 2 inches

-Resize of deck fin to match spoiler

• Pickle29

@mberkowi said...

Brand new to Nascar, maybe 5 races under my belt, love the sweat. Great DFS contest.

Can somebody explain what made Buescher the overwhelming punt play (37% in the $27)? I understand stars and scrubs was the way to go this race, but Whitt was 1%, Smith 3%, Danica 5%, and seemed to me you could just about throw a blanket over the 10 in the back and pick one.

Does Stevie’s article have that much pull on ownership? Was it the weird late line movement? Was that line movement even justified or was it just incorrect odds on Buescher posted yesterday afternoon?

He’s a quality young driver who is with an underfunded team. The team has the equipment to consistently finish 30th-40th every week. Buescher is good enough to improve that team and finish 25th-30th almost each week. When NASCAR was at Michigan earlier this year, they ran the exact same aero package they ran this past weekend at Kentucky, which is different than the general package they’ve ran all year. Buescher finished 20th at that Michigan race. This weekend, he showed unexpected speed for a team of his caliber. He was top-10 in practice sessions in both single lap speeds and 10-lap average speeds. When qualifying was rained out, he was forced to start the race in 34th position due to his team’s current position in owner points. Had qualifying not been canceled, he likely would have started much closer to the front. Given the speed he’d shown during practice, he had the highest ceiling of any driver priced below $6,000. Had he not had an accident, it wouldn’t have been out of the realm for him to finish 20th-25th. And if his team could put together an entire race and even improve his car for him, he could’ve probably easily finished higher.

Buescher was one of the rarer exceptions this week. Normally the guys in the

• ljason8eg

Buescher gets RFR cars and participated in the Kentucky test.

One of these days he’ll close the deal and get a top 15.

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@billholler said...

Shows you just how much I paid attention to Nascar this week although I did get home in time to watch the last half of the race.

The story keeps getting murkier.

Next thing we find out is that he’s homeless.

• billholler

@Slah said...

The story keeps getting murkier.

Next thing we find out is that he’s homeless.

Not sure what that’s even supposed to mean.

Based off your TPOY stats, you don’t appear to fare any better at Nascar than us clueless novices. I’ve made no secret that Nascar is not my best DFS sport but I enjoy watching it. I actually did quite well with the DFS side of it until I decided to start listening to the “experts”.

• Slah

@billholler said...

Not sure what that’s even supposed to mean.

Based off your TPOY stats, you don’t appear to fare any better at Nascar than us clueless novices. I’ve made no secret that Nascar is not my best DFS sport but I enjoy watching it. I actually did quite well with the DFS side of it until I decided to start listening to the “experts”.

What’s my TPOY status?

I’m gunning for saahil sud.

Not sure I bragged about myself or ragged on any “clueless novices”. I just notice that you’re annoying and braindead like everybody else does.

• billholler

@Slah said...

I just notice that you’re annoying and braindead like everybody else does.

If being able to notice the difference between skill and pure luck makes me braindead, so be it. Eventually I’m going to luck into a dominate stack in the Slingshot since that’s all us homeless folks can afford and I will be sure to come here and brag for a month about my Nascar DFS skills.

• Slah

@billholler said...

If being able to notice the difference between skill and pure luck makes me braindead, so be it. Eventually I’m going to luck into a dominate stack in the Slingshot since that’s all us homeless folks can afford and I will be sure to come here and brag for a month about my Nascar DFS skills.

If you know it’s pure luck why continue to play, or why complain about all the people who keep getting luckier than you?

• billholler

@Slah said...

If you know it’s pure luck why continue to play

Same reason everyone else does. We are all degenerates.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).